Rachel Luttrell/Teyla Emmagan WOW Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hope24 View Post
    Yes, it did work out for them and they really did went through a lot to be together...it was always interesting.

Wow. In a way I understand, I have my own disappointments with the show too. And those disappointments can all be contributed to the TPTB and writers. I am hoping for the movie and at this point the movie has a big question mark attached to it. I want the movie because I want to see if the TPTB, particular the writers give the characters their due and by characters - I don't mean the one who name starts with an r and ends in a y. So maybe you might get the feeling back and you might not. You can't help the way you feel. Especially when the writers and TPTB has proven and as continued to be the show worst detractors!! I will be hoping you will though.

And thanks!
    If and it's a big if, we get the movie I don't hold out much hope that we'll finally get all the characters having an important role. If they couldn't give us that in the 5 years it was on air I can't see it changing for the movie Two people have ruined SGA for me, Rodney and Keller. At least with Keller she wasn't in the first three years, but Rodney was so I can't get away from that, he's in every bloody ep They've even ruined the Teyla eps for me. It took me to watch Rising last week, and I used to love Rising but it was awful, a chore to even watch it

I used to love stargate, I still love SG-1 but it wasn't the same when Jack left, but I like Ben Browder even if i'm not so keen on the Mitchell character, I don't hate him so he doesn't ruin the eps for me. And at this point I have no intention of tuning into SGU I would have watched anything of stargate, but that has changed all thanks to SGA (the poor relation to SG-1).

I don't know if i'll ever be able to get my excitement for stargate back. I know i'll always be able to watch SG-1 but SGA? I'm not so sure, not even for Rachel which I hate cause I love her, she a good actress. Who knows what'll happen
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
      If and it's a big if, we get the movie I don't hold out much hope that we'll finally get all the characters having an important role. If they couldn't give us that in the 5 years it was on air I can't see it changing for the movie Two people have ruined SGA for me, Rodney and Keller. At least with Keller she wasn't in the first three years, but Rodney was so I can't get away from that, he's in every bloody ep They've even ruined the Teyla eps for me. It took me to watch Rising last week, and I used to love Rising but it was awful, a chore to even watch it

I used to love stargate, I still love SG-1 but it wasn't the same when Jack left, but I like Ben Browder even if i'm not so keen on the Mitchell character, I don't hate him so he doesn't ruin the eps for me. And at this point I have no intention of tuning into SGU I would have watched anything of stargate, but that has changed all thanks to SGA (the poor relation to SG-1).

I don't know if i'll ever be able to get my excitement for stargate back. I know i'll always be able to watch SG-1 but SGA? I'm not so sure, not even for Rachel which I hate cause I love her, she a good actress. Who knows what'll happen
      I know. I don’t either really. But there is a part of me that is still hoping…that the light bulbs go on with these guys. Don’t they want to be recognized and appreciated for their works? So at what point do they assess their body of work for this show and the characters. And say, hey we have a chance to really explore the other characters. With a movie (We know that is a major “if” at the moment.), they can be a little bit more creative. Or are they going to stick to the tried and true formula. A formula that has sucks big time especially when it comes to character development for any of the other character besides Rodney. A formula that makes us questioned them as writers. Questioned their professionalism and by their own words as made that professionalism seems none existence. Writers are artists too. Artists want to create. Artists like challenges. I can hope at least that maybe finally they will stop treating this show and it characters as the unwanted stepchild. Hey, I am optimist, but very much a realist.

I wasn't a big fan of SG-1. This is true about Keller. No, we can’t get away from Rodney. So take a break from SGA for awhile. The bad memories are still fresh. And it’s not that SGA didn’t have the potential. Because it had!! It was the people at the hem. Well you know I won’t be watching SGU either. I can’t support these guys. I don’t like how SGA was cancelled and I don’t like the support they have shown their own show and cast. Much less their views about us willing to accept it. It is sad when fan fiction writers are better than the so call professionals.

So maybe you'll get your excitement back and then maybe you won't. You won't know until you just take a vacation from SGA or anything Stargate

This is depressing.

Oh on a more upbeat note, I am going to be seeing Rachel next month.
      sigpic
      Sigs made by the talented Cazzblade, Donna, Jeyla, Linda, Luciana, Mayra, Mrs.B, Padme
      Scifan, Teylafan, WraithLord & YC & me.

Thanks for the memory to the cast and crew of Stargate Atlantis.
      WraithLord - R.I.P.

Comment

I know. I don’t either really. But there is a part of me that is still hoping…that the light bulbs go on with these guys. Don’t they want to be recognized and appreciated for their works? So at what point do they assess their body of work for this show and the characters. And say, hey we have a chance to really explore the other characters. With a movie (We know that is a major “if” at the moment.), they can be a little bit more creative. Or are they going to stick to the tried and true formula. A formula that has sucks big time especially when it comes to character development for any of the other character besides Rodney. A formula that makes us questioned them as writers. Questioned their professionalism and by their own words as made that professionalism seems none existence. Writers are artists too. Artists want to create. Artists like challenges. I can hope at least that maybe finally they will stop treating this show and it characters as the unwanted stepchild. Hey, I am optimist, but very much a realist.

I wasn't a big fan of SG-1. This is true about Keller. No, we can’t get away from Rodney. So take a break from SGA for awhile. The bad memories are still fresh. And it’s not that SGA didn’t have the potential. Because it had!! It was the people at the hem. Well you know I won’t be watching SGU either. I can’t support these guys. I don’t like how SGA was cancelled and I don’t like the support they have shown their own show and cast. Much less their views about us willing to accept it. It is sad when fan fiction writers are better than the so call professionals.

So maybe you'll get your excitement back and then maybe you won't. You won't know until you just take a vacation from SGA or anything Stargate

This is depressing.

Well I was born a pessimist so it's not easy for me to see the positive side of things

Just go into the critique thread in the S5 folder and see what Southern red has quoted from the commentiaries, i'm afraid these guys (and in particular MG) are so in love with Rodney and Keller that no one else stands a chance of getting anything meaningful in the movie It is unbelievable how bias they are towrds those two and they don't even try to hid it I'm sorry but I cannot in good conscience give them any more of my support, not after the way they have treated us the fans and not after the way they have treated Rachel, Jaon and Joe

I love SG-1, at least Carter was used, she was useful, she didn't stand around looking like pretty wallpaper I've read loads of fanfics that would blow most of the eps from S5 outta the water

Well at this point I can't see it happening any time soon if ever

Oh coolie And it's my birthday today
        sigpic

Comment

Happy Birthday Linda What kind of present would you like?

Comment

Well I was born a pessimist so it's not easy for me to see the positive side of things

Just go into the critique thread in the S5 folder and see what Southern red has quoted from the commentiaries, i'm afraid these guys (and in particular MG) are so in love with Rodney and Keller that no one else stands a chance of getting anything meaningful in the movie It is unbelievable how bias they are towrds those two and they don't even try to hid it I'm sorry but I cannot in good conscience give them any more of my support, not after the way they have treated us the fans and not after the way they have treated Rachel, Jaon and Joe

I love SG-1, at least Carter was used, she was useful, she didn't stand around looking like pretty wallpaper I've read loads of fanfics that would blow most of the eps from S5 outta the water

Well at this point I can't see it happening any time soon if ever

Happy birthday Linda!! I will be back later with your present or presents.

I usually can look at the positive side. But I am also very pessimistic too.

I need to check that out. But I don't need to go into the critique thread to know how bias these guys were. The proof is what we got on screen. And I really do feel the same way you do about supporting them. I have no intention of supporting these guys with anything they do - Stargate or not outside maybe SGA's movie. I thought MG was do writing for another show in NY. And he has no part in writing for the movie Or am I wrong?

True enough. Now that I can believe!

I guess I am just hoping they heard enough of our compliants.

Lunch is over. I hope your b-day has been great so far Ninja! Have some fun will ya!!

Be back later. *hugs*
            sigpic
            Sigs made by the talented Cazzblade, Donna, Jeyla, Linda, Luciana, Mayra, Mrs.B, Padme
            Scifan, Teylafan, WraithLord & YC & me.

Thanks for the memory to the cast and crew of Stargate Atlantis.
            WraithLord - R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by TeylaJohn4ever View Post
              Happy Birthday Linda What kind of present would you like?
              Can i have Kavan No? Oh well...You know me, I love anything with Teyla or Lorne or Carson or JT

Happy birthday Linda!! I will be back later with your present or presents.

I usually can look at the positive side. But I am also very pessimistic too.

I need to check that out. But I don't need to go into the critique thread to know how bias these guys were. The proof is what we got on screen. And I really do feel the same way you do about supporting them. I have no intention of supporting these guys with anything they do - Stargate or not outside maybe SGA's movie. I thought MG was do writing for another show in NY. And he has no part in writing for the movie Or am I wrong?

True enough. Now that I can believe!

I guess I am just hoping they heard enough of our compliants.

Lunch is over. I hope your b-day has been great so far Ninja! Have some fun will ya!!

Be back later. *hugs*
              Yes I think you're right about MG doing another project Thank goodness

I don't think they care about our complaints, you just have to go onto the blog of doome to realise that, they'll do whatever they feel like, no matter how much we complain about it

I'm having loads of fun rewatching the awesomeness that is DS9
              sigpic

Comment

Wow. In a way I understand, I have my own disappointments with the show too. And those disappointments can all be contributed to the TPTB and writers. I am hoping for the movie and at this point the movie has a big question mark attached to it. I want the movie because I want to see if the TPTB, particular the writers give the characters their due and by characters - I don't mean the one who name starts with an r and ends in a y. So maybe you might get the feeling back and you might not. You can't help the way you feel. Especially when the writers and TPTB has proven and as continued to be the show worst detractors!! I will be hoping you will though.
                That's why I want the movie too because SGA's fans and SGA's characters deserve so much better than the dreck the writers gave us. TPTB allowed their infantile favoritism to damage SGA to the point where I wish Season 5 could be done over - with new writers in control.

Given how much they now claim to have learned from their mistakes with SGA (without actually admitting that they made mistakes, mind you. ), I'm curious to see this SGA movie script even if the movie never gets made.

Poor Linda {{hugs}}. I feel your pain.

Fortunately, I haven't reached the point of no longer being able to enjoy the non-McKeller episodes.

Their lack of professionalism continues to amaze me for the very reasons you mentioned because how can they be proud of such mediocre work?

Yes, SGA had loads of potential, but unfortunately, it didn't have talented writers in charge who were willing to take chances. I've noticed that their best writers were the newer writers, however, those writers were at the mercy of BW and Co and therefore were the first to be let go whenever there was a behind the scenes change.

The bad memories are still fresh with me too, that's why I kind of took a little break just after Season 5 concluded and only watched Daedalus Variations because it was the only Season 5 episode that had, throughout the entire episode, the feel of earlier, much better seasons.

Cool. Which con will you be attending?

Those commentaries are unbelievable, aren't they. Gero doesn't even try to hide his bias for his favorites or his disdain for SGA fans and the SGA actors. And, Mallozzi's Remnants commentary was disturbing.

Like you, there's no way I'll ever support these guys in anything beyond SGA because their lack of professionalism and their careless attitude toward their product would be too much to tolerate in other projects.

Yeah, in early SG-1 Sam was used well, but even she was given the lazy writing, crappy treatment when she was on SGA. And, I've also read many fanfics that were better written than what these so-called pros gave us in SGA and that's a damn shame. Good fanfic should enhance our enjoyment of SGA, not be used as a substitute for the series.

Happy birthday, Birthday Girl!
                Last edited by maxbo; 21 July 2009, 11:32 AM.
                sigpic
                Sig by Luciana

Comment

Originally posted by maxbo View Post
                  Poor Linda {{hugs}}. I feel your pain.

Fortunately, I haven't reached the point of no longer being able to enjoy the non-McKeller episodes.
                  Yeah it's sad cause I used to love stargate But I have my love of DS9 and in particular Kira/Odo too fall back on

Their lack of professionalism continues to amaze me for the very reasons you mentioned because how can they be proud of such mediocre work?
                  If I done such shoddy work like that i'd be very embarrassed

Yes, SGA had loads of potential, but unfortunately, it didn't have talented writers in charge who were willing to take chances. I've noticed that their best writers were the newer writers, however, those writers were at the mercy of BW and Co and therefore were the first to be let go whenever there was a behind the scenes change.
                  I think that's what makes it worse, cause we all know it had great potential to be at least as good as SG-1 if not better but it fell way short of that potential because the guys in charge were too scared to take a chance.

The bad memories are still fresh with me too, that's why I kind of took a little break just after Season 5 concluded and only watched Daedalus Variations because it was the only Season 5 episode that had the feel of earlier, much better seasons.
                  Yeah, maybe a few months down the road when the dust has settled I might be able to pick up an SGA episode to watch...But then again maybe not, I haven't even ordered S5 I used to always preorder stargate

Those commentaries are unbelievable, aren't they. Gero doesn't even try to hide his bias for his favorites or his disdain for SGA fans and the SGA actors. And, Mallozzi's Remnants commentary was disturbing.

Like you, there's no way I'll ever support these guys in anything beyond SGA because their lack of professionalism and their careless attitude toward their product would be too much to tolerate in other projects.
                  Oh I couldn't believe what I was reading at times....I was like, they couldn'rt possibly have said that But then I think, well look what JM wrote on his blog at times

Yeah, in early SG-1 Sam was used well, but even she was given the lazy writing, crappy treatment when she was on SGA. And, I've also read many fanfics that were better written than what these so-called pros gave us in SGA and that's a damn shame. Good fanfic should enhance our enjoyment of SGA, not be used as a substitute for the series.
                  She was used well in earlier SG-1, maybe not so much in the later seasons, especially S9-10. But she fell into the same trap as some of the others in SGA i'm afraid. Very underused and not the Sam we all know and love. I'm not at all surprised she chose to do Sanctuary instead of SGA

Happy birthday, Birthday Girl!
                  Thanks
                  sigpic

Comment

Can i have Kavan No? Oh well...You know me, I love anything with Teyla or Lorne or Carson or JT

Yes I think you're right about MG doing another project Thank goodness

I don't think they care about our complaints, you just have to go onto the blog of doome to realise that, they'll do whatever they feel like, no matter how much we complain about it

I'm having loads of fun rewatching the awesomeness that is DS9
                    Ok doke...your wish is my command

Comment

Ok doke...your wish is my command
                      Does that mean I get Kavan
                      sigpic

Comment

Does that mean I get Kavan
                        Hmmm....you'll just have to wait and see

Comment