• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snowball View Post
    Beautiful snowy!

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
    Teyla can use your vote

Oh, since I went on a kind of tirade again this noon, thinking about stuff that happens one way in the show, and then Joe says the exact opposite on his site...

Where did Teyla's development in relation to her Wraith powers happen?!?

If it was in The Queen, which was her episode, she did turn into a Queen, where were her 'extra' powers, her growth? Seemed to me that the only thing they accomplished was pointing out that there's no telepathy anymore among the Wraith, and she all of a sudden couldn't fight anymore...

See? I'm ranting again.
    Good for you Spikey There's nothing like a good rant
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
      Beautiful snowy!

Thanks
      sig by Cazzblade

Comment

Snowy, beautiful. I love this one too.

Teyla can use your vote

Oh, since I went on a kind of tirade again this noon, thinking about stuff that happens one way in the show, and then Joe says the exact opposite on his site...

If it was in The Queen, which was her episode, she did turn into a Queen, where were her 'extra' powers, her growth? Seemed to me that the only thing they accomplished was pointing out that there's no telepathy anymore among the Wraith, and she all of a sudden couldn't fight anymore...

See? I'm ranting again.
        There nothing wrong with ranting. And especially when it comes to... I swear every time I hear a comment from one of these writers lately regarding Teyla and a couple other characters regarding these characters' development, I feel like ranting too. They can say anything they want after the fact, but the bottom line is that the proof is in the product that they gave us. And if they were really writing storylines that were developing all of the four major characters, then we wouldn't have to post questions like whether Teyla's son was on Atlantis with her, why didn't Teyla sense the Wraith, why this, why that, or wonder that...

I have to wonder sometimes whether Joe thinks we the fans aren't intelligent enough know when he or they, the writers are trying to *bs* us.

It happened in the Gift. And I don't recall any other episode addressing that. How sad it that? And I totally agree about her fighting skills in the Queen.
        sigpic
        Sigs made by the talented Cazzblade, Donna, Jeyla, Linda, Luciana, Mayra, Mrs.B, Padme
        Scifan, Teylafan, WraithLord & YC & me.

Thanks for the memory to the cast and crew of Stargate Atlantis.
        WraithLord - R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by Hope24 View Post
          Thank you
          sig by Cazzblade

Comment

There nothing wrong with ranting. And especially when it comes to... I swear every time I hear a comment from one of these writers lately regarding Teyla and a couple other characters regarding these characters' development, I feel like ranting too. They can say anything they want after the fact, but the bottom line is that the proof is in the product that they gave us. And if they were really writing storylines that were developing all of the four major characters, then we wouldn't have to post questions like whether Teyla's son was on Atlantis with her, why didn't Teyla sense the Wraith, why this, why that, or wonder that...

I have to wonder sometimes whether Joe thinks we the fans aren't intelligent enough know when he or they, the writers are trying to *bs* us.

It happened in the Gift. And I don't recall any other episode addressing that. How sad it that? And I totally agree about her fighting skills in the Queen.
            Yeah what Hope said

Oh btw, did you post on JM's blog yet?
            sigpic

Comment

No one answered, so im posting them to give the thread a boost

The Gift
              Spoiler:

Sateda
              Spoiler:
              Gorgeous!
              sigpic

Comment

Beautifyl Missing sig, Snowy. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks, Spikey!

See? I'm ranting again.
                There's nothing wrong with having a good rant, especially when what you're ranting about is the disconnect between Mallozzi's claim that Teyla had good development and the proof on scene that this wasn't the case.

The Queen was just the latest in a long line of episodes where Mallozzi & Co. didn't bother to take the time to develop Teyla the way she should have been. I agree with you that I would love to know what happened to Teyla's wraith abilities in that episode. As a Wraith Queen, Teyla should have been kicking butt and taking names even more than usual. Instead, Queen Teyla seemed to have fewer wraith abilities than regular Teyla and that doesn't make any sense at all.

Although I enjoyed The Queen, mainly because of the Teyla/Queen Teyla & Todd scenes, there were too many missing links for me to consider it a great episode overall.

Indeed, there's nothing wrong with ranting, especially after watching the work of these writers. And, I also agree that no matter how much the writers talk about how Teyla received good character development, the proof is in what we saw (or didn't see) on screen.

How could they claim that Teyla received good development when they couldn't be bothered to be consistent with her Wraith abilities? Considering that the few times they've written Teyla episodes, they've been Wraith-related, you would think that we would have a rich history to support how Teyla feels about having Wraith-DNA and about how she feels about being able to sense the Wraith, etc.

Unfortunately, as you mentioned, the last time we got any overt indication of how Teyla was dealing with this was in Season 1's The Gift. After that, in Season 2's Michael, there was a hint of her feeling some type of affinity to Michael, but that was so subtle that it could have been Rachel's interpretation rather than the writers' intent.

After reading Connor Trinneer's interview where he said he had to deteremine Michael's motivations himself because he got so little direction from the writers, I believe that Rachel had to do the same with Teyla.

And, based on the writers' interviews, which contradict what I've seen on screen, I do believe they think most fans are dimwits who should believe whatever they tell us.

Well, this dimwit has learned to not waste time on anything these writers put out in the future - unless I'm going into it for the laughs.
                sigpic
                Sig by Luciana

Comment

I also thought it was very, very odd we did not see much more of Teyla in The Queen. I mean, she did that staring at her hand thing, signifying something, but what? It never got developed? It feels cheap. Is a glance at her hand all that Rachel is worth? Perhaps it would have been good to have a conversation with Kate in an episode, but oh wait, they killed her...

The way they developed everything Wraith and Wraith powers related just stinked. In Outsiders, you had that Commander Wraith and his subordinate whisper in his ear that his Hive arrived? Isn't a COMMANDER supposed to *sense* his own Hive has arrived? The subordinate did, since he came to whisper it, or what? I love the Wraith eps this season, but some things... I like the scene I described too, it was cute for a Wraith fan, but it really doesn't make much sense...

Also the part in that ep where Teyla didn't sense the re-enforcements? I get that they wanted her to shut up about the Wraith in general coming to town for dramatic effect, but it was a boo boo non the less. She didn't sense much in that episode, while in season 1 she could feel entire Hives from weeks away arrive closer to Atlantis. Er?

Also, Todd-related: did you see on Joe's blog that in Infection, Todd did *not* reach out mentally to the ship (Chris Heyerdahl was obviously going for a mental link between Wraith and ship, how else could he have saved the thing from crashing into the sea? Half of it was gone, for crying out loud.) but anyway, so that 'connection' as seen in more episodes too now doesn't turn out to be there at all... Pu-lease...

Michael's potential has totally been wasted, also regarding to Teyla, so I'd better not start ranting about that...

As for Connor, I believe he was looking forward to biting his teeth into something original, but yeah... That totally didn't happen, poor guy. He can do so much more than what they had him do.

There's much more, of course, but perhaps that's for another time. It's time I quickly play the pic games, and go downstairs to read some.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

I also thought it was very, very odd we did not see much more of Teyla in The Queen. I mean, she did that staring at her hand thing, signifying something, but what? It never got developed? It feels cheap. Is a glance at her hand all that Rachel is worth? Perhaps it would have been good to have a conversation with Kate in an episode, but oh wait, they killed her...

The way they developed everything Wraith and Wraith powers related just stinked. In Outsiders, you had that Commander Wraith and his subordinate whisper in his ear that his Hive arrived? Isn't a COMMANDER supposed to *sense* his own Hive has arrived? The subordinate did, since he came to whisper it, or what? I love the Wraith eps this season, but some things... I like the scene I described too, it was cute for a Wraith fan, but it really doesn't make much sense...

Also the part in that ep where Teyla didn't sense the re-enforcements? I get that they wanted her to shut up about the Wraith in general coming to town for dramatic effect, but it was a boo boo non the less. She didn't sense much in that episode, while in season 1 she could feel entire Hives from weeks away arrive closer to Atlantis. Er?

Also, Todd-related: did you see on Joe's blog that in Infection, Todd did *not* reach out mentally to the ship (Chris Heyerdahl was obviously going for a mental link between Wraith and ship, how else could he have saved the thing from crashing into the sea? Half of it was gone, for crying out loud.) but anyway, so that 'connection' as seen in more episodes too now doesn't turn out to be there at all... Pu-lease...

Michael's potential has totally been wasted, also regarding to Teyla, so I'd better not start ranting about that...

As for Connor, I believe he was looking forward to biting his teeth into something original, but yeah... That totally didn't happen, poor guy. He can do so much more than what they had him do.

There's much more, of course, but perhaps that's for another time. It's time I quickly play the pic games, and go downstairs to read some.
                    It's a shame really, they have all these great actors in front of them (Connor Trinnear, Chris Heyerdahl, Rachel etc) but if the writings not up to scratch then they could have the best actors in the world and it wouldn't make it any greater....Actors can only save writing to a certain extent but they are not miracle workers....S5 could and probably should have been the best season to date if TPTB bothered to get up off their lazy behinds and actually worked for it!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Camy View Post
                      Gorgeous!
                      Thanks

Originally posted by maxbo View Post
                      Thanks
                      It's a shame really, they have all these great actors in front of them (Connor Trinnear, Chris Heyerdahl, Rachel etc) but if the writings not up to scratch then they could have the best actors in the world and it wouldn't make it any greater....Actors can only save writing to a certain extent but they are not miracle workers....S5 could and probably should have been the best season to date if TPTB bothered to get up off their lazy behinds and actually worked for it!
                      Ditto love the discussion *will input something after i stop squeeing at the Bedford pics*
                      sig by Cazzblade

Comment

Ditto love the discussion *will input something after i stop squeeing at the Bedford pics*
                        Oh sweet lord, not you too
                        sigpic

Comment

Hi everyone. Wow interesting discussion going on .
                          No one answered, so im posting them to give the thread a boost

The Gift

Sateda
                          I said it but they are awesome
                          Originally posted by scifan View Post
                          *sneaks in*

Just dropping off this.

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z...ryblossoms.jpg

*sneaks out*

Again Snow, awesome job.
                          It's so sweet and beautiful
                          Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          Yeah, that one... *sigh* ... I think we can count Teyla as a secondary lady. And ladies those secondary women are, most definitely, even the Wraith Queen was secondary once, until Lordy (Goddess, rest his soul) created her own place (at least I think it was his).

I'm glad Joss Whedon took her into his shows (Angel & Firefly). He's a wise man, with vision.

Oh no, she'd be totally wasting her extraordinary talent on a show like Stargate. No way, I want her in the hands of TPTW who don't know what a woman is, and still believe they come from a planet called Venus.

She's the quiet one from the Firefly-cast.

Look, me and Summer:

TPTW shouldn't take note. Terminator PTB should just take over the franchise of Stargate - They're way out of the Gate's PTW leagues. Way out!

It was said in the making of the show. Their whole casting process took well over three weeks, and they wanted Summer to be Cameron but weren't sure Summer would want that but she auditioned for it and they were all happy.

She went through basic weapons training and she had to learn how to be a machine. As a terminator she couldn't do certain things like adjusting her clothes or redoing her hair like pulling it out of her face... and she couldn't blink too much either. And keep a straight face and such... And Summer seems to really enjoy playing a terminator.

I really love her. She's a frakkin' genius, and a graceful dancer (which shouldn't be a surprise since she was a prima ballerina).
                          Sadly i don't know her France isn't in Science Fiction not a lot so it's hard to see ineteresting shows. I don't know these shows but awesome pic you really look great
                          It's really beautiful I love the colors and all it's great

Really interesting point. you know the first time that definitively I felt really bad about this show was after Critical Mass we never saw the point of what all happened. I mean she was all alone on her own and nobody cared. Sadly I think it was true we saw how they take their distance with Teyla and even ronon. They were on their own and the weight of this scret could have lead to something interesting except of this it seems as 'hey we will fill with this story line but it has no interest' At least in these times we had a little inside on what they thought. You're so right remember all of what we wanted answered in Season 5 about Michael, the baby, the injections and all.
                          Remember in S1 when she lights the canddle with this piece of technology, there was so much to see with the athosians. I really never understood their idea of having meaningless people because of the wraith.
                          Originally posted by maxbo View Post

Thanks, Spikey!

There's nothing wrong with having a good rant, especially when what you're ranting about is the disconnect between Mallozzi's claim that Teyla had good development and the proof on scene that this wasn't the case.

The Queen was just the latest in a long line of episodes where Mallozzi & Co. didn't bother to take the time to develop Teyla the way she should have been. I agree with you that I would love to know what happened to Teyla's wraith abilities in that episode. As a Wraith Queen, Teyla should have been kicking butt and taking names even more than usual. Instead, Queen Teyla seemed to have fewer wraith abilities than regular Teyla and that doesn't make any sense at all.

Although I enjoyed The Queen, mainly because of the Teyla/Queen Teyla & Todd scenes, there were too many missing links for me to consider it a great episode overall.

Indeed, there's nothing wrong with ranting, especially after watching the work of these writers. And, I also agree that no matter how much the writers talk about how Teyla received good character development, the proof is in what we saw (or didn't see) on screen.

How could they claim that Teyla received good development when they couldn't be bothered to be consistent with her Wraith abilities? Considering that the few times they've written Teyla episodes, they've been Wraith-related, you would think that we would have a rich history to support how Teyla feels about having Wraith-DNA and about how she feels about being able to sense the Wraith, etc.

Unfortunately, as you mentioned, the last time we got any overt indication of how Teyla was dealing with this was in Season 1's The Gift. After that, in Season 2's Michael, there was a hint of her feeling some type of affinity to Michael, but that was so subtle that it could have been Rachel's interpretation rather than the writers' intent.

After reading Connor Trinneer's interview where he said he had to deteremine Michael's motivations himself because he got so little direction from the writers, I believe that Rachel had to do the same with Teyla.

And, based on the writers' interviews, which contradict what I've seen on screen, I do believe they think most fans are dimwits who should believe whatever they tell us.

Well, this dimwit has learned to not waste time on anything these writers put out in the future - unless I'm going into it for the laughs.
                          It's so tru great example with Michael or The Queen you're right there could have been a follow up I mean seriously what did we do with this, the writers should have think that I was blonde and didn't understood all LOL

Yeah great points once again. I mean they used what they wanted when they wanted. Many times it's not Teyla who sense the wraith they just forgot it. It's why I never understood why in a far galaxy they couldn't encounter developped beings. After all the galaxy was under the Goaul'd, Pegasus was tinier ? Besides they could have imagined way, seriously they didn't want developped being other than Humans (I mean Earth people) they could have used ancient technology even if culture disappeared or way of developping them. The Genii before being only Kolya were awesome. It was story of alien and all so develop even more te Earth culture was really, I don't know, ... bad perhaps.
                          All of this only to say thatyou're right but they seriously wrote only what they wanted and turned it as it pleased them.
                          Yeah you're probably right. To be honnest S4 could have been awesome and I was so waiting for it to be and they just all forgot the great parts to write meaningless story. What a waste .
                          sigpic
                          Sig by the Great Linda06

Comment

Oh sweet lord, not you too
                            In her defence, they DID look pretty fine!!! *drools*
                            Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
                            Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

Originally posted by AlbinoMonkeyC View Post
                              In her defence, they DID look pretty fine!!! *drools*
                              Aye, true
                              sigpic

Comment

Aye, true
                                *goes back to drooling*

EDIT: I just found a video of Rachel trying Vegemite. Take a look!!
                                Spoiler:
                                That makes 2 SG cast members (that I know of and NOT counting CB) that have been forced to try it at a Con. Here's Chris Judge.
                                Last edited by AlbinoMonkeyC; 24 February 2009, 02:43 PM.
                                Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
                                Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

Working...
                                X