No announcement yet.

Rachel Luttrell/Teyla Emmagan WOW Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great point, Maxbo. I think that Teyla has really grown a lot since Season 1 and I agree her role and her warrior side really has made her even more invaluable to the team, but I'd like to think that Teyla is more than that to the team and certainly now, she is a part of them. Which is why Season 4 is certainly going to be interesting with the new development of her character and how this is going to affect her as part of the team in Season 4 and in future seasons.

I think that Bambam helped Rachel delve deeper into this role, I think that even the writers have found something very special in her and something that perhaps wasn't what their vision was of her from the very beginning. In her summary one of the things that Teyla was supposed to be was a love interest for Sheppard, and I think that she's so much more than that to him and to the rest of the characters. I mean, she has saved them how many times now? And her insight and her inner thoughts are certainly one that others admire and rely on her for.

I look back at how much the other characters have really come to respect and admire Teyla and the first of course, is Sheppard. His view and his trust in her was there from the first time. But now you go to Ronon. I think that relationship is so wonderful and so meaningful and one that Ronon needed after everything that he's been through. Then, the most surprising one to me is Rodney. Pleasantly surprise. I can't get over why so many adore this character, but I can certainly see myself falling for this geek. His scene with Teyla in TOR was priceless. And I just loved everything that he did. It's wonderful to see also how even Lorne interacts with Teyla. Sadly, I just don't see that much into it with Weir as the others and I could see so many great possibilities there.

It's certainly going to change the dynamics this season with the addition of Carter and Keller in the picture. Having more female roles there should be interesting. We are also going to see more of Katie and I'm not sure if Heightmeir is going to be there this season, I hope so for Falcon's sake!

I can't wait! I think everything from the wardrobe to the hair to her physical, emotional and mental abilities are going to take a shift turn and it should be something that Rachel should really be excited about!
    sigpic

Comment

Alright, I've uploaded most of my Teyla walls into my photobucket account. I have not included icons or sigs. That will have to wait.

here's is my entire collection that I"ve uploaded. I"m sure I"m missing things but this will do for now. To check out my Teyla walls simply go to that album.

The rest is self explanatory. If you need my email address simply PM me.

http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t110/Jeyla4ever/

My favorite five would have to be these....not in any specific order btw.

1. Teyla Duet Wall
      Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

4. I really like these two a lot.....and I won for the best icon...thanks to Witchy for suggesting it!
      Spoiler:

Spoiler:

5. These two are a tie...
      Spoiler:

Spoiler:

As a bonus...I really, really like my Teyla 2007 Calendar. I wished I had saved some without the calendar on it cause I could have used them forever. I worked really hard on that one, and overall I"m extremely pleased with it...much more than my John and Teyla calendar...
      AH! did I just write that?

Here's the Calendar...
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeyla4e...7600031501196/

But my ultimate Rachel favorite has to be this one!

Spoiler:

Whose next?
      sigpic

Comment

They are all wonderful Camy - but number 4 is my fav...
        sigpic

Comment

gorgeous wallpapers Camy i love the 1,2,4 ones and the very last one is my favourite

Comment

First, beautiful, walls and beautiful calendar. Despite your earlier concerns, you've become very talented.

I agree that Teyla is valuable to Atlantis for more than her skills as a warrior, however, IMO, if TPTB had stuck with their orignial vision for Teyla then I don't think the character would have survived past Season 1.

That early character bio that described Teyla as a love interest for John is one reason why I believe her character wouldn't have lasted long if she had not been turned into a warrior. I thing that always bothered me about that love interest reference is that a similar reference wasn't included in John's early bio. IMO, that meant that TPTB didn't consider John and Teyla characters of equal importance.

If the original vision for Teyla had survived then I believe Teyla would have suffered the same fate as Ford and Elizabeth because if Teyla had been John's love interest in Season 1 and then TPTB decided to go with the "Babe Magnet" push of Season 2, then Teyla would have been turned into John's ex-love interest and, knowing SGA's TPTB, that would've meant good-bye Teyla.
            sigpic
            Sig by Luciana

Comment

I like number 1 best, but the only art I have is my signature picture(my other "art" is still being written, 9 more chapters to go). it has been nominated for the Stargate Fan Awards already so...

I can't see the team not noticing that she's not showing her mid-drift any more.
              I wonder if it is going to be a plot hook, and the team(and the rest of Atlantis) wonder who the father is? Odd thought huh? You get these kind of thoughts when you listen to Cartuche a few dozen times as loud as possible to drown out the drummer across the street

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
              "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
              "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

I have art... lots of it... and it's scattered across this thread (and other threads) but I don't know if I could ever point out favorites among stuff I make myself.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

[QUOTE]
                  Originally posted by maxbo View Post
                  First, beautiful, walls and beautiful calendar. Despite your earlier concerns, you've become very talented.
                  Okay...let me see if I can word this without killing myself or my thoughts or rambled up...first, Thanks for the compliment on my artwork. It is a learning process that is still ongoing. So, yes...which is why I encourage anyone to try this because heck, If I can do it, anyone else can. Just practice. That's all. So, thank you!

Now, this is very interesting...I'm giddy here already...I love this..maybe we should take this up in the Teyla thread. It saddens me to see that thread so dead.

But here are my thoughts.

I agree that Teyla is valuable to Atlantis for more than her skills as a warrior, however, IMO, if TPTB had stuck with their orignial vision for Teyla then I don't think the character would have survived past Season 1.
                  Hmm...yes and no! In my opinion, of course. There are two things here that I need to clarify first and this might get me all tangled up in my thoughts. What I believe and what I beleive these writers to do are two different things. So, when you write that if the original version of Teyla would hav not survived in Season 1, I disagree in one thing, with these writers, yes! but that her original character was interesting enough with or without her warriors skills, I think it would have been doable. Considering that she had in the first season the Wraith ability discovered, that alone should have made for interesting plots without having the need for Teyla to be a warrior.

That's one. Two. The fact that she is from the Pegasus Galaxy, and the fact that the Athosians are really the only true allies that the Earthling have, despite of their access to Earth now, I still think that Teyla and her people would have been invalualbe regardless. The Athosians alone are interesting people and we've discussed how they could be a part of the show, however, the writers have chosen not to include them, still they are not needed to have Teyla around.

Three, Teyla has more characteristics and qualities that are useful to the team besides her warrrior abilities. Heck the fact that it's been two seasons and Teyla hasn't fought any is enough to show us that we don't need her to be a warrior for her to be a main character in the show.

However, Season 1 Teyla and Season 2 Teyla are very different. Many agree that Teyla had a great Season 2, I disagree. I think she shone more and better in Season 1 than in Season 2. What I did see in Season 2 was Rachel grasp better Teyla's character and I saw the growth and the comfortable Teyla that I didn't see as much in Season 1. I also saw a more confident and more vocal and engaged Teyla in Season 2 than in Season 1. Season 3 is completely different for me as well, as far as Teyla is concerned. And yet, for the past three seasons, with the exception of one or two things here and there I thought Teyla was very believable in everything that she did in all three season despite the apparent differences in the character in all 3 seasons...GOSH, I hope that makes sense!

That early character bio that described Teyla as a love interest for John is one reason why I believe her character wouldn't have lasted long if she had not been turned into a warrior. I thing that always bothered me about that love interest reference is that a similar reference wasn't included in John's early bio. IMO, that meant that TPTB didn't consider John and Teyla characters of equal importance.
                  See, I disagree and agree here too. I agree that the writers were surprised themselves with Teyla. However, if you look at the credits, Teyla always came after Weir so I don't doubt that the writers once they started filming really loved and chose to include her just as important as the other characters. Mind you, John and Rodney are always way up ahead of any of the other characters, but I really believe that Teyla knocked them off their feet in Rising...why? because she did to me. This is where I really saw her shine...In all honesty, Rising didn't even portray McKay as much as it did John, Teyla and Weir. That's just my opinion of course.

That bio was poorly written and in this I do agree with you. It was based on the idea that this would be her main role in the show. And if that had been true, then I"m with you on this one. However, that is only because of the way that these writers are. Not that it can't be done. Again, I never saw Farscape enough to even mention it, but from what I"ve read, wasn't that show mostly about that...a couple Aeryn and John's attraction for one another? And that show seemed to have worked.

And yet, I agree with you that this wouldn't have been the best scenario for Teyla and I think that a lot of the negativity out there for her character had a lot to do with that. Instead of showing her character from first point without linking her to John in writing, others might see the connection betweeen those two romantically or not, as one that is powerful and significant for both characters. My opinion, of course.

So, looking at it from these writers, yes. If Teyla had been John's early squeeze, she would have been gone by now cause these writers wouldn't know what to do with her. But again, I think also from the very beginning, what was supposed to happen was show that sexual tension and playful banter between them as they have done so far. I don't think that at the time after the show aired that they were ever going to take it any further than what they have now...jeepers, I hope I"m making sense!

If the original vision for Teyla had survived then I believe Teyla would have suffered the same fate as Ford and Elizabeth because if Teyla had been John's love interest in Season 1 and then TPTB decided to go with the "Babe Magnet" push of Season 2, then Teyla would have been turned into John's ex-love interest and, knowing SGA's TPTB, that would've meant good-bye Teyla.
                  Well, this is where I disagree...I never saw Teyla's portrayal in any of the seasons as John's babe magnet or anyone else's for that matter. For me, Teyla came off as a beautiful woman who was smart, wise and had an uncanny sense and advantage and knowledge that the Earthlings needed her as their ally. Teyla in Rising never even showed her shoulders till the end, so she was never seen in my eyes as to be the eye candy or even Sheppards squeeze. If that had been the case, John wouldn't have waited till Season two to be exposed by an alien and kiss Teyla. I never saw it. I think that if the writers had a vision of Teyla different than what we are seeing it now, it was before the character took shape in Rachel's eyes. From the beginning, Teyla was meant to be different. Rachel mentions of her long speech in Rising that didn't make the cut about her father and her brother and her past. She was always meant to be portrayed as a strong leader with mysterious abilities. Her sensing the Wraith like that and her uncanny physical strength were all seen before Sheppard even chose her for the team.

For me, Teyla's role could have gone and still can go in many directions and still be an interesting character. Teyla the leader of her people alone is something that I find intriguing. Teyla and her connection to the Wraith is another mystery on its own. Her diplomatic skills, her ability to lead and to learn so quickly as we've seen her lead Atlantis in Weir's absence are just some of the many characteristics that make her an interesting and powerful character. The fact that she's really from another galaxy all together is intriguing to me within itself. And yet, I do understand what you are saying. These writers have only given us glimpse of Teyla's full potential, but I like what they've done so far from the very beginning and if her role is ever axed out, I really think she would be one of those characters that is not easily replaced. And I think TPTB know that...I mean, her screen time this season was limited and yet, I have to say that I loved her character this season the best!
                  sigpic

Comment

[quote=Camy;6674534]

Okay...let me see if I can word this without killing myself or my thoughts or rambled up...first, Thanks for the compliment on my artwork. It is a learning process that is still ongoing. So, yes...which is why I encourage anyone to try this because heck, If I can do it, anyone else can. Just practice. That's all. So, thank you!

Now, this is very interesting...I'm giddy here already...I love this..maybe we should take this up in the Teyla thread. It saddens me to see that thread so dead.
                    Great idea Camy. We are hijacking this thread, aren't we? So, I'm going to answer you in the Teyla Thread. Hope to see you there.
                    sigpic
                    Sig by Luciana

Comment

Hey Camy ive told you before and ill tell you again you are very talented those wallies are georgous my fave has to be no4
                      Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

Thanks Everyone!
                        sigpic

Comment

hi everyone i have been working on a new wallpaper and i thought i would show you what i have done its not finished yet and there is some things left to do with it but i wanted to see what you think of it
                          http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p...Wallpaper1.png

Comment

Oh, I think this is your best yet, WL. I love the effect in the background and the cap of Teyla in the middle. Very nicely done! Can't wait to see what you do next! Very, very nice!
                            sigpic

Comment

thanks camy glad you like what i did with it should have it finished tomorrow

Comment

yay i made my first rachel wallie but it didn't turn out as id planned but ill post it anyway
                                Spoiler:
                                Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

Working...
                                X