Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      There was Teyla in those seasons?
      um..........
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
        um..........
        Maybe the question for those seasons should be:

Which 'blink-and-you'll-miss-it-Teyla-moment' was your favorite?

I will have to answer:

The heartbreaking moment where Teyla finds Kate dead in her quarters. And the moment afterwards when Teyla is alone in her quarters....

Oh the potential... which I will not go into further detail because I do not wish to return to the minor ship-war raging through this thread.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

More Hardwired caps
          Spoiler:

Free to snag. I have bigger versions of these caps.
          sigpic

Comment

I will have to answer:

The heartbreaking moment where Teyla finds Kate dead in her quarters. And the moment afterwards when Teyla is alone in her quarters....

Oh the potential... which I will not go into further detail because I do not wish to return to the minor ship-war raging through this thread.
            Oh that was heartbreaking It would have been a far more powerful moment if it was Carson that was also in that scene and not that "other" doctor.
            sigpic

Comment

More Hardwired caps
              Spoiler:

I still have a little drop to upload, I'll do it tomorrow....*looks at clock* Later today
              sigpic

Comment

*snort*

Cuba's face is hilarious... That cap is just screaming for a CAPTION!!

Comment

*snort*

I know, why'd ya think I posted it
                  sigpic

Comment

Last of the Hardwired caps
                    Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                      I can see why *looks out of window with a pair of high powered glassses* There's a lot of dents in the East Peir....

TEYLA CHALLENGE!!

Name your FAVORITE Teyla scene (can be with another character or just she herself on her own) but the scene must be from between Risisng, and First Strike, seasons four and five seem to have been a mistake (personally speaking)

Rule is simple, it is only ONE SCENE that must be your top scene!
                      It's hard to choose only one scene between Rising and First Strike because there are a lot of Teyla scenes that I love during that time, but if forced to choose I have to go with Teyla's first scene in Rising because each time I see that scene, it reinforces why I love this character. From the beginning, Rachel managed to infuse Teyla with a dignity and a presense that transcended the writing. As a result, even though I hate much of Season 5, I'm still able to enjoy most of her scenes.

Originally posted by Atlantis4Life View Post
                      Thanks for the welcome. And, boy-oh-boy! You just said everything I've been thinking for a while. Where to start? I'll echo bluealien in saying that writers - no - professional writers should have more imagination than only being able to write for characters that are just like them, or characters that are their favorites. I'm not trying to be mean, but this is just true. They did have a lot to work with but, somehow it never worked out. I wish that they could have worked with the cast that they had during the first couple of years of the show:

Primary Characters - Sheppard, Teyla, McKay, Ford, Ronon, Weir.
                      Secondary Characters - Zelenka and Lorne.

These were the characters that I wanted to see stories about. Unfortunately, that didn't happen.
                      You're not being mean to point out what should be a basic requirement to be a professional writer - the ability to write for more than the characters that are like you or that you want to be like. At the very least, Brad Wright and Robert Cooper should have demanded that each main character had strong representation in the writing room because that's the best way to have a strong show.

Looking back, their getting rid of Ford so soon was a sign of things to come because it signaled that the writers didn't like to challenge themselves. Brad Wright even admitted in an old interview that he felt better about bringing Ronon on board because he was a big strong guy like Teal'c and not a "little brunette" like Teyla. I took that comment to mean that he felt more comfortable about SGA once it started to look more like SG-1 for him.

I think that the "big Teyla storyline" not really happening is the same as them maybe thinking that because they gave Sheppard a lot of face time, that was the same as developing his character. What I saw was Teyla being used the the "big Michael storyline". She was kidnapped, rescued, and then he attempted to take her and Torren with him again. In all of this, I think we learned more about Michael and his evolution than we learned new things about Teyla and/or how she developed.
                      That's a great point and I agree that this is where the disconnect between the writers insisting that Teyla had a great storyline and the reality that she didn't have a great storyline. They thought that as long as they gave her a bit of screentime in Michael's storyline that we, the viewers, should see that as Teyla's storyline too. However, as you pointed out we found out more about Michael during that storyline than we did about Teyla.

I also expected there to be a really good Beckett/Teyla connection. I mean, after Teyla & Beckett were rescued, they were the only 2 people on the expedition (even though technically the cloned Beckett never was) that now knew what it was like to have a bit of Wraith DNA in them that allowed them to be connected to the Wraith mentally, and to operate Wraith technology. This also made Beckett a double force to be reckoned with because he also possessed the Ancient gene too. Imagine the storylines that could have been created with just that! I was hoping to see Teyla teach Carson how to resist being controlled by the Wraith the way he was controlled by Michael in The Kindred Part II. When we first met Teyla and she explored her gift in Season 1, she had problems with controlling her power/connection to the Wraith, but she taught herself how to control that power and use it for good. She and Carson really could have bonded more over him learning how to do that too. Oh well, another opportunity lost I guess.
                      Just reading what you wrote here makes me sad that we didn't have writers who were up for the challenge of using SGA's characters well. A Teyla & Carson storyline where she had to help him deal with his Wraith DNA would have been great. As you said, another opportunity lost.

Keller was a bad idea. I'm just going to leave it at that. Also, I hope they put McKay back with Katie Brown, that's if he's going to be with anyone.

I really do hope that TPTB can remember what made SGA great, and write a good movie, and get all of the cast together to do this. I really miss SGA.
                      I agree that the less said about Keller, the better. Nothing about that character's inclusion made any sense to me. It was as if all the writers thought about was that they wanted the actress on SGA, yet they didn't bother to try to craft a character that suited the actress or SGA.

I share your hope that TPTB realize what made SGA great so that we can get a decent movie. If that's not possible, then I want new writers from the top on down because there is still too much life left in SGA to let it die because the current group of writers are unwilling, or unable, to do give it the attention and well-thought out writing it deserves.

I will have to answer:

Yep, that was one of my favorite Teyla moments too. Ever since Season 1, I've enjoyed the tiny Teyla and Kate moments that we got. This is goes to show that if characters have chemisty, there's no need to force it by having entire episodes devoted to forcing them together. *cough* McKeller *cough*

Oh that was heartbreaking It would have been a far more powerful moment if it was Carson that was also in that scene and not that "other" doctor.
                      Wow, I was so focused on Teyla's reaction to finding Kate that I forgot that Keller was in that scene. If Carson had been in that scene I bet I would have remembered because his being there would have been one of the things that made that a great scene for me.

*snort*

You're right, his expression is just begging to be captioned.

Last of the Hardwired caps
                      Spoiler:

Linda, you're doing a fine job of reminding me to buy the Hardwired DVD. Good job!
                      sigpic
                      Sig by Luciana

Comment

Originally posted by maxbo View Post
                        It's hard to choose only one scene between Rising and First Strike because there are a lot of Teyla scenes that I love during that time, but if forced to choose I have to go with Teyla's first scene in Rising because each time I see that scene, it reinforces why I love this character. From the beginning, Rachel managed to infuse Teyla with a dignity and a presense that transcended the writing. As a result, even though I hate much of Season 5, I'm still able to enjoy most of her scenes.

You're not being mean to point out what should be a basic requirement to be a professional writer - the ability to write for more than the characters that are like you or that you want to be like. At the very least, Brad Wright and Robert Cooper should have demanded that each main character had strong representation in the writing room because that's the best way to have a strong show.

Looking back, their getting rid of Ford so soon was a sign of things to come because it signaled that the writers didn't like to challenge themselves. Brad Wright even admitted in an old interview that he felt better about bringing Ronon on board because he was a big strong guy like Teal'c and not a "little brunette" like Teyla. I took that comment to mean that he felt more comfortable about SGA once it started to look more like SG-1 for him.

*points up* What she said

That's a great point and I agree that this is where the disconnect between the writers insisting that Teyla had a great storyline and the reality that she didn't have a great storyline. They thought that as long as they gave her a bit of screentime in Michael's storyline that we, the viewers, should see that as Teyla's storyline too. However, as you pointed out we found out more about Michael during that storyline than we did about Teyla.
                        That's not true......We learned that Teyla......um........just gimme a sec here.......*thinks* ........had Wraith DNA??? No we found that out much earlier.....um.....Ok I give up

Just reading what you wrote here makes me sad that we didn't have writers who were up for the challenge of using SGA's characters well. A Teyla & Carson storyline where she had to help him deal with his Wraith DNA would have been great. As you said, another opportunity lost.
                        Now that would have been awesome. I always liked their interaction on screen. We didn't get enough of them together on screen IMO But you know, it's their fault

I agree that the less said about Keller, the better. Nothing about that character's inclusion made any sense to me. It was as if all the writers thought about was that they wanted the actress on SGA, yet they didn't bother to try to craft a character that suited the actress or SGA.
                        Who?

Yep, that was one of my favorite Teyla moments too. Ever since Season 1, I've enjoyed the tiny Teyla and Kate moments that we got. This is goes to show that if characters have chemisty, there's no need to force it by having entire episodes devoted to forcing them together. *cough* McKeller *cough*
                        Yep, if they have chemistry there's no need to force it Like Teyla had chemistry with almost everyone so they didn't have to force her on anyone....But using her on occasion sure would have been nice

Now McKeller, well that was like.........foot, meet shoes two sizes too small, where's the shoehorn???

Wow, I was so focused on Teyla's reaction to finding Kate that I forgot that Keller was in that scene. If Carson had been in that scene I bet I would have remembered because his being there would have been one of the things that made that a great scene for me.
                        Could you imagine that scene with Carson. It would have been up there as one of the greatest scenes in stargate...But alas, Keller had to go ruin yet another scene for Teyla She's ruined almost every scene that Teyla has been in just by being there Keller even ruined her own episode "Missing"

Linda, you're doing a fine job of reminding me to buy the Hardwired DVD. Good job!
                        Thanks, I don't think she was in that much but the scenes she was in were good And well, ya just gotta love Cuba
                        sigpic

Comment

Could you imagine that scene with Carson. It would have been up there as one of the greatest scenes in stargate...
                          I could give it a shot and rewrite that whole scene.

Already did a Doppelganger fix-it, where Keller actually has a personality worth watching. Plus another fix-it that pretty much was a major rewrite altogether, although very AU since it was for the Little Bang challenge (femmeslash fic challenge, little sister of the Big Bang ficathons).

Comment

I could give it a shot and rewrite that whole scene.

Already did a Doppelganger fix-it, where Keller actually has a personality worth watching. Plus another fix-it that pretty much was a major rewrite altogether, although very AU since it was for the Little Bang challenge (femmeslash fic challenge, little sister of the Big Bang ficathons).
                            mmmm, now that would be great little cutie Lemming
                            sigpic

Comment

mmmm, now that would be great little cutie Lemming
                              No harm in trying...

Comment

Hello. I made a new smilie (based on the ones done by Gilles Nuytens) and thought you guys might like it. Any way, here it is...
                                Last edited by Hiccups; 08 January 2010, 02:17 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X