Rachel Luttrell/Teyla Emmagan WOW Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
    Excellent points Maxbo... they certaintly had an excellent cast but the majority were underused even their leading man. Its pretty sad that a so called bunch of professional writers admitted to only being able to write for one character. I would have thought that being a writer would involve having a pretty good imagination and not only being able to write for a character you can relate to or live your own little fantasies through.
    Yes, they had an excellent cast - a cast that they apparently took for granted to the point that they thought SGA was a success mostly because of their writing and not due to SGA's talented actors. And, yes, it's beyond sad that these professional writers admitted to only being able to write for one character. If they had made this admission while letting us know that they were also actively working to resolve this issue I would have had more respect for them, but unfortunately, that wasn't the case.

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
    Teyla had so much potential and it seems fanfic writers were able to flesh her out so much better than the lazy attempts by the writers. Her relationship with Kanaan has been explained in many fanfics and most recently by Wedjatqi in her fic The Storm which explained Teyla's pregnany without distroying her character as the writers ended up doing.

I'm not sure I even want a movie now from these same writers, who would most likely continue to butcher the characters anyway. I am looking forward to the new books a lot more as at least the characters are in the hands of writers who love Teyla's character..
    After SGA ended, I decided to give myself a bit of a break, but now I'm ready to dive into SGA again and I'm looking forward to getting some SGA books and go back to reading SGA fanfic.

Thanks for the Wedjatqi fic rec, I love her stuff and can't wait to see how she handles Teyla's pregnancy. Teyla's on screen pregnancy was so poorly done that I had been temporarily avoiding even fanfics on the subject, but now I'm ready to see how the fanfic authors are handling it. After all, in the past I had read some pretty good fics about how Athosians might handle pregnancy and other interpersonal issues, so I'm sure the fanfic writers will do a much better job than the pros.

I understand your concerns about having a movie if these writers are going to write it because I feel the same way. As much as I want a movie, the fact that the same writers who have disappointed me so much in the past are writing it gives me pause. The last thing I want to see is the movie continue in the same vein as the awful Season 5.

I'm also looking forward to new books and trying to find the old ones. For the first time since I joined this board I've been keeping track of the books thread on this site, so I can get up to speed on which books are coming out and which writers most accurately capture the characters.

Happy New Year, FH, Cazz and Probie.

And, Probie, no hate coming from me because although I love Teyla, I understand that some of the posters on this thread are more fans of Rachel than of Teyla.

Hey, it's all good.
    sigpic
    Sig by Luciana

Comment

Hi RL fans--just saw RL in a movie with Cuba Gooding, Jr. She plays his sister (fairly small part) in "Hardwired." The movie is ok, but it was fun to see RL. Thought I'd mention it in case you didn't know.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
        Hi RL fans--just saw RL in a movie with Cuba Gooding, Jr. She plays his sister (fairly small part) in "Hardwired." The movie is ok, but it was fun to see RL. Thought I'd mention it in case you didn't know.
        We knew. But didn't know if it was big/small or that the movie was ok/bad/good. Thanks
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Calm down Lemming, I mean it, or you're grounded, litterally so. From bungee jumping out of the Apllo with Teyla and Kate

Believe you me I can do it.... I have ties to higher ranks

Its good ot be a Princess

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
          "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
          "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
            Calm down Lemming...
            Trust me, I am much calmer, otherwise I wouldn't have started posting here again.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              Trust me, I am much calmer, otherwise I wouldn't have started posting here again.
              I can see why *looks out of window with a pair of high powered glassses* There's a lot of dents in the East Peir....

TEYLA CHALLENGE!!

Name your FAVORITE Teyla scene (can be with another character or just she herself on her own) but the scene must be from between Risisng, and First Strike, seasons four and five seem to have been a mistake (personally speaking)

Rule is simple, it is only ONE SCENE that must be your top scene!

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

I can see why *looks out of window with a pair of high powered glassses* There's a lot of dents in the East Peir....

TEYLA CHALLENGE!!

Name your FAVORITE Teyla scene (can be with another character or just she herself on her own) but the scene must be from between Risisng, and First Strike, seasons four and five seem to have been a mistake (personally speaking)

Ahh.. thats not easy... there are so many..

I think my fav is probably our first introduction to Teyla when she turns around in the tent in Rising... I fell in love with her character instantly... she was just so naturally beautiful and had such an air of strenght and integrity....
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maxbo View Post

And, Probie, no hate coming from me because although I love Teyla, I understand that some of the posters on this thread are more fans of Rachel than of Teyla.
                  I'm relieved. I don't want to hurt some Teyla's fans.

TEYLA CHALLENGE!!

Favorite scene: I wanted to take a scene during "The Queen" with Todd but it's the last season.
                  So I will take when she has an argument with John in the jumper during "Letters from Pegasus". She's fighting for her convictions and they seem to not understand each other. We can see her detrmination, her leader side and...she's just great here.

FH: Bonjour! Ca faisait longtemps! I hope you're fine.
                  sigpic
                  Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                    FH: Bonjour! Ca faisait longtemps! I hope you're fine.
                    Oui, je sais. Je m'excuse.

Comment

Oui, je sais. Je m'excuse.
                      Ne t'excuses pas. C'est pas grave.
                      J'espère juste que tout va bien pour toi et te souhaite pleins de bonnes choses pour 2010.
                      sigpic
                      Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                        J'espère juste que tout va bien pour toi et te souhaite pleins de bonnes choses pour 2010.
                        Pour toi aussi! Plus de Teyla où Rachel, et plus de plaisir ici au Gateworld!

Comment

Start talking english or I'll talk Sanskrit!

Comment

...I'll talk Sanskrit!
                            Please do! What's Happy New Year in Sanskrit for example?

Comment

Please do! What's Happy New Year in Sanskrit for example?
                              ????????
                              dratted gateworld translates it into ? marks >.< if you can see what i just wrote, Happy New Years

Comment

????????
                                dratted gateworld translates it into ? marks >.< if you can see what i just wrote, Happy New Years
                                Darn it...

Oh well... I have a fairly good idea how Sanskrit looks, and that's something I guess.

Oh, in the meantime I can also add my absolute favorite Teyla scene:

Echoes - when she kicks Ronon's ass in training and the smile afterwards. He so deserved that ass-whoopin after falling asleep during meditation, and he so knew it.

Comment

Working...
                                X