No announcement yet.

Rachel Luttrell/Teyla Emmagan WOW Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How fantastic that she did this with her mom!
    sigpic
    Fun fan fic . Check it out at stargatenexus.com or on FF.net

Comment

Yes, I hope they have success.

sigpic

Comment

Lol cool vid

I loved s1 Teyla, but didn't like s1 hair.
        sigpic

Comment

S1 Teyla-hair was like S5 Ronon-wig... it had a life on its own.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

How true Hey made s1 Teyla's hair mated and out popped s5 Ronon's hair. Oh that is disturbing
            sigpic

Comment

Disturbing indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                Lol cool vid

I loved s1 Teyla, but didn't like s1 hair.
                It depends on when in season 1 you're talking about. I liked her hair in hot zone and in letters from pegasus a lot. It was early in the season when they seemed to have the most problems with it. It felt like she had a dozen different hairstyles in s1.

sigpic

Comment

The beginning of S1... though Rachel mentions somewhere that they were testing the hair and the wigs a lot at that time. Hence why it changed so much.

Comment

For appreciation's sake

sigpic

Comment

I watched The Aviary again two days ago, and I had totally forgotten Rachel also was in it, playing an incredible airhead.

Comment

Oh, really. I've never seen the film, but I checked the synopsis and it says her character was having some sort of identity crisis. I can't tell if it was supposed to be serious or funny. What kind of film is it?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Lady Blue View Post
                          Oh, really. I've never seen the film, but I checked the synopsis and it says her character was having some sort of identity crisis. I can't tell if it was supposed to be serious or funny.
                          I wouldn't say her character goes through an identity crisis, but she does change her appearance several times to more or less please her boyfriend who's a football player.

Screencap:

What kind of film is it?
                          It's an independent film, and on the back of the DVD it says the following:

"The life of a flight attendant seems glamerous and exciting, but as The Aviary follows Summer Pozzi from city to city we discover that when the uniform comes off, things can get very complicated. An unexpected transfer takes Summer from Chicago, her boyfriend and her mother, to a crowded San Francisco apartment. Her new roommates include flight attendants Portia (Rachel Luttrell) (who is in the throes of an identity crisis), Kate (Claire Rankin) (who has an old score to settle with Summer) and Lucas (who Summer hastily finds affection with but discovers he's not what he appears to be). In this new city Summer watches the carefully designed blueprint of her future begin to slip out of reach. Finally, Summer falls into the arms of the Captain (Josh Randall) of her dreams. Everything seems back on track until a disturbing visit from Summer's past forces her to choose between true love and the man she has been searching for all her life."

I like it. It has its flaws sure, but I like it.

Comment

I think that's the most natural I've seen her on anything. That's the same synopsis I read, but I still can't tell if it's supposed to be told in a serious manner dealing with these issues or is it mainly a fun comedy? Sorry to ask, but independent films don't always get categorized as well, aside from them being independent.

sigpic

Comment

I think that's the most natural I've seen her on anything. That's the same synopsis I read, but I still can't tell if it's supposed to be told in a serious manner dealing with these issues or is it mainly a fun comedy? Sorry to ask, but independent films don't always get categorized as well, aside from them being independent.
                              I wouldn't classify it as a comedy. It sure has some fun bits, like when Lucas returns from Amsterdam and they all get high. Or Kate being an annoying traveller, making Summer's life just that little more difficult.

It's told from Summer's POV and I guess you could classify it as the daily life, with all its ups and downs, but those ups and downs are put under a magnifying glass. It's low-budget (financed almost entirely by the actors themselves). The camera-work is not always the best out there. A lot of airport shots have been filmed with a low-angle camera, which I assume was stuck to a bag.

Anyway... the website doesn't exist anymore (couldn't find it) but I did find a trailer of sorts on IMDb.com.

Comment

Cool, so it's kind of like watching a live journal in some ways. Sounds interesting.

And baby Groot.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X