No announcement yet.

Rachel Luttrell/Teyla Emmagan WOW Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, I forgot about AO3 (Archive of our Own). It's the new big thing in the fanfic world, and it has over 5000 SGA fics. It's kinda hard to search and browse, for me anyway (to be honest the search function annoys me to no end ) . But you might check it out.
    Last edited by Killdeer; 13 August 2010, 01:08 PM.
    - Life after Stargate -
    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AlbinoMoneyC
      Yeah I went ape **** on people because all they could talk about was how TPTB screwed Teyla over and I got sick of it. But hopefully that's changed now!!
      That you did, my buddy.

However, she was screwed in ways, but she was totally awesome in others. And Rachel Luttrell was excellent!!!

Anyhoo, I tried to get back to some of the appeciation of the character/actress with the SGA Teyla rewatch, but I think something else will be better suited for this thread.

Originally posted by Killdeer
      My recs will be heavily weighted toward the gen/friendship area though (with a few random exceptions) so I'll be counting on others to provide the more shippy stuff.
      Jeyla is really good about posting the shippy stuff from/for Beya each month. I don't know if she posts the link here, though. I'll try to re-post it here if she doesn't.

And, thanks for all of those links.

Originally posted by Princess Awinita
      Is everyoner OK with my idea of what goes to whom?
      Pictures and fanfics. I was thinking that perhaps if you all are going to write new fanfics, the picture people could do caps from episodes that would fit certain portions of each fic. That would give them some added definition. IDK... I'll try to help out where I can.

Let me know if there's something you all need help with.

@Linda

Thanks for your links, too.

Comment

Thankies!!
        Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
        Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantis4Life View Post
          You're welcome.

Another one I just thought of - the Stargate Fan Awards. Their archives are another good place to start finding fic.
          - Life after Stargate -
          Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
          Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks again!

Comment

Ok, first fic rec. Not the first one I intended to rec, but I just stumbled across it and cracked up laughing, so....here it is.

Fic Rec #1 - Joint Mission to Aessuma (The One With the Shiny Rocks), by Nomad
              Word Count: 913
              Rating/Genre: Gen, humor, crossover with SG-1
              Author's Summary: In which Teyla and Vala both write mission reports.

Best line:
              Spoiler:
              Caught Teyla buying three hideously ugly necklaces; suspect she intends to tell her teammates they're part of an Athosian custom next time they annoy her.
              Last edited by Killdeer; 13 August 2010, 04:51 PM.
              - Life after Stargate -
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantis4Life View Post
                That you did, my buddy.

However, she was screwed in ways, but she was totally awesome in others. And Rachel Luttrell was excellent!!!

Anyhoo, I tried to get back to some of the appeciation of the character/actress with the SGA Teyla rewatch, but I think something else will be better suited for this thread.

Jeyla is really good about posting the shippy stuff from/for Beya each month. I don't know if she posts the link here, though. I'll try to re-post it here if she doesn't.

Pictures and fanfics. I was thinking that perhaps if you all are going to write new fanfics, the picture people could do caps from episodes that would fit certain portions of each fic. That would give them some added definition. IDK... I'll try to help out where I can.

Let me know if there's something you all need help with.

@Linda

Thanks for your links, too.
                I guess I better get my butt in gear and start capping some more eps then, eh Just as well I'm on holiday for a fortnight

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                Ok, first fic rec. Not the first one I intended to rec, but I just stumbled across it and cracked up laughing, so....here it is.

Joint Mission to Aessuma (The One With the Shiny Rocks), by Nomad
                Gen, humor, crossover with SG-1, short (913 words).
                Author's Summary: In which Teyla and Vala both write mission reports.

Best line:
                Spoiler:
                Caught Teyla buying three hideously ugly necklaces; suspect she intends to tell her teammates they're part of an Athosian custom next time they annoy her.
                I'll check it tomorrow cause I'm.......Tired
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AlbinoMonkeyC View Post
                  Yeah, I noticed.

Thankies!!
                  And sometimes I just go into a mood and that's where the negativity starts coming through my posts
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                    I guess I better get my butt in gear and start capping some more eps then, eh Just as well I'm on holiday for a fortnight
                    Sounds nice. Enjoy your time off.

And, you're great whether your posts are negative or positive, Linda.

Cheers.

Comment

hmmmm...i like all your idea guys.

We could also do a list of Top Tens. That's fun when we do it in the John and Teyla thread, but of course we do it here for just Teyla.

We could also do themes. Can you tell the teacher in me?

We could set a title/theme for each week and find fics, pictures, episodes, topics and what not on the theme.

We're including of course, Rachel in other roles besides Teyla, correct? But obviously, that's what she's done the most so.....

What do you guys think? And if per chance we can't find anything in regards to the theme, then we can do it here.

For example fanfics based on the topic, the writers here can give it a try, and artwork, etc....

Examples: We could do for a week something like......Best Teyla Quotes: And we could write fics, artwork, top ten, etc....
                      sigpic

Comment

We could start with Teyla's Top Ten Worst Outfits!!!

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Yes, that was bad. However, there was one that was worse but I can't remember what episode it was in. It was kind of puffy. Although, I think it was during season 1 as well.

Great idea, Jeyla!!!

Comment

Sorting through fics - it's hard to decide what to rec first. There's a lot of good ones out there.

Rec #2 - All the Roads Return, by Friendshipper/Sholio
                              Word Count:
                              Rating: PG/gen
                              Characters: Mostly Teyla & Rodney, with a little team. Teyla POV.
                              Author's Summary: Rodney and Teyla are stranded and captured, with a valuable burden to carry. Set in some vague season-five or post-season-five timeline (i.e. after Torren's birth).

I really liked this one. I didn't quite figure out what was going on until the very end, so I won't spoil it for you. Although you all are probably smarter than me.
                              - Life after Stargate -
                              sigpic

Comment

Thanks for posting those, Kill. I tend to only read John and Teyla centric fics, but I will give those a shot as long as there's no other ship between John and Teyla. *gasps* Did I just write that?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X