Rachel Luttrell/Teyla Emmagan WOW Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
    Um....Yeah......I think I erased most of the stuff from SGA from memory so can't think of anything

Oh wait, favourite Teyla moments? Moments we actually saw her Does that count?
    >.< not funny *marks a big red X ontop of Linda for Lemming's landing space (kidding)*

I mean that your favorite Teyla scenes or moment that are Teyla centeric, things she did on the show and such (about about for your sake of sanity I limit your favorite moments to the first three seasons?)

Comment

Originally posted by Teyilia View Post
      Got plenty of those, had the Daedalus pick up a few, might explain why Lemming is taking so long to get down here, oh well moving on!

A CHALLEGNE!!!

This challegen is easy, Name your top three favorite TEYLA moments and why you like them. Please note however that the summary of why you like said moments must be at least 25 words in length and use the following format

Episode name:
      Season:
      Scene:
      Summary:
      Why you like said scene:

have at it ladies and germs!
      Episode Name: The Queen
      Season: Four
      Scene: Standing up to the other Queen; and being tough and threatening with Todd, especially after she's ordered her hive to fire on the other hive.

Episode Name: The Prodigal
      Season: Five
      Scene: Getting to kick the crap out of Michael and finish him off ... while Shepard has to sit back and watch

Episode Name: Missing
      Scene: Pretty much the whole episode, since it focuses so much on her and her warrior abilities.

Sadly, can't say I recall any stand-out moments from previous seasons or episodes.

Comment

>.< not funny *marks a big red X ontop of Linda for Lemming's landing space (kidding)*

I mean that your favorite Teyla scenes or moment that are Teyla centeric, things she did on the show and such (about about for your sake of sanity I limit your favorite moments to the first three seasons?)
        My little Lemming friend wouldn't land on me......Would she

Okay thank you, that helps. As of now S4-5 does not exist

Episode name: The Gift
        Season: Season 1
        Scene: Teyla getting taken over by a Wraith

Well I love this episode because we get to learn more about Teyla and we find out she has Wraith DNA, also we get to see a different side to Teyla, normally she is quite calm and serene but here we see that she has more than one layer, she just doesn't show it very often. The scene when she gets taken over is cool and well acted by Rachel.

Episode name: Critical Mass
        Season: Season 2
        Scene: Teyla singing at the ring ceremony

Well it's just a beautifully sad scene, from Teyla losing the one person she was closest to, the person who was like a grandmother to her, to Carson who was there for Teyla to give her support when she needed it. We didn't really get to know Charin very well but she came across as a very kind and wise woman and it was sad when she chose to die.

Episode name: Trinity
        Scene: Scene when she holds a knife to Ronon's throat

Here we see that when she needs to be she is no one to mess around with, Ronon used her friendship to get to that guy and she told him in no uncertain terms that that's the one and only time he would use her friendship like that. This story was actually better than the A story. Go figure
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AlbinoMonkeyC View Post
          Wait, she needs to be on the thunk threads in order to get *really* corrupted, doesn't she?
          If you're talking about IloveTeyla - he's he.

If it's me you're talking about - I am the lemming. I am corruption impersonated.

Not sure about the other project though
          IT HAS CLAIRE IN IT!!!!!!!! *bounces around* CAN I HAZ NEW PROJECT NOAW!!! PLZ???? KTHX!!!

Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

If it's me you're talking about - I am the lemming. I am corruption impersonated.

IT HAS CLAIRE IN IT!!!!!!!! *bounces around* CAN I HAZ NEW PROJECT NOAW!!! PLZ???? KTHX!!!

Lemming has made splash down, repeat, Lemming has made splash down!

LEMMING!! you haz a project in progress for moi do you not?! >.<

Comment

Yes it does But it has a certain someone else in it that I'd hoped not to see for a very long time
              sigpic

Comment

Lemming has made splash down, repeat, Lemming has made splash down!

LEMMING!! you haz a project in progress for moi do you not?! >.<
                Yup, I remember.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Yup, I remember.
                  No powerbars until i'm given results

Comment

X-Files was awesome Except for that last movie
                    Which I missed!

Not sure if this is the episode you mean but I'm talking about the episode "Earth", The US are a few days ahead of us Let's just say there were a few Icky moments in it Well it sure is an improvement, I think I learned more about Scott in the first few eps than I ever did Teyla, Ronon and John in 5 years I never understood why they didn't do it with SGA either Although we got to know about the "most important" character on the show so it didn't matter about the others Bitter? Me? naaaaaa

SGU
                    Spoiler:
                    Yeah it's mostly sex just for the sake of having sex on the show, The one time it wasn't so bad was with Scott and Chloe, we saw them kissing and starting to take their clothes off then we saw them sitting in bed talking, That looked better than actually showing someone have sex The scenes we've seen of folks actually having sex have been rather Icky to say the least. It makes me shudder.

One thing I had objections to was Young and his wife getting it on, because Young was in Telford's body, It wasn't even his own body and he's getting it on with his wife? Then the stones malfunctioned for a minute and it was then Telford in his own body then it changed to Young in Telford's body again. If they thought that was funny then I don't like their brand of humour

But I am giving them the benefit of the doubt for the time being, I just hope they can get a better balaNCE between character development and action.

Okay, we are not talking about the same episode then. Yeah, I read some of the comments. Well at least that is an improvement, but for me it's still a bitter pill. You know my thoughts. And I just didn't like some of the stuff the TBTB were saying too.

Spoiler:
                    Okay. Oh, and the way that show ended too. Telford going to see Young's wife. That is what I am interested to hear about the balance between character development and action. And my opinion of them writing for women hasn't change...considering the female character that I seem to read the most comments about is Chloe. I don't know what to think about her character at the moment. I don't hear much about Ming's character? I got to give you credit for hanging in there girl.

Well I didn't wanna say it in case I got into trouble but you could probably guess why I was banging my head off the desk

Cool, a CD. That's awesome Not sure about the other project though

Um....Yeah......I think I erased most of the stuff from SGA from memory so can't think of anything

Oh wait, favourite Teyla moments? Moments we actually saw her Does that count?
                    LOL, yes, but I'm starting to feel bad though. Because the actor didn't have any say so in how his or her character was written, or how much their character consumed the canvas. No, the blame lie with the writers, who by the way never admit to that issue/problem. Yeah, I'm glad that Rachel is finally working on her CD too. And the other project sounds interesting. Can't wait to hear more.
                    sigpic
                    Sigs made by the talented Cazzblade, Donna, Jeyla, Linda, Luciana, Mayra, Mrs.B, Padme
                    Scifan, Teylafan, WraithLord & YC & me.

Thanks for the memory to the cast and crew of Stargate Atlantis.
                    WraithLord - R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                      Episode Name: The Queen
                      Scene: Standing up to the other Queen; and being tough and threatening with Todd, especially after she's ordered her hive to fire on the other hive.

Episode Name: The Prodigal
                      Season: Five
                      Scene: Getting to kick the crap out of Michael and finish him off ... while Shepard has to sit back and watch

Episode Name: Missing
                      Scene: Pretty much the whole episode, since it focuses so much on her and her warrior abilities.

Sadly, can't say I recall any stand-out moments from previous seasons or episodes.
                      My little Lemming friend wouldn't land on me......Would she

Okay thank you, that helps. As of now S4-5 does not exist

Episode name: The Gift
                      Season: Season 1
                      Scene: Teyla getting taken over by a Wraith

Well I love this episode because we get to learn more about Teyla and we find out she has Wraith DNA, also we get to see a different side to Teyla, normally she is quite calm and serene but here we see that she has more than one layer, she just doesn't show it very often. The scene when she gets taken over is cool and well acted by Rachel.

Episode name: Critical Mass
                      Scene: Teyla singing at the ring ceremony

Well it's just a beautifully sad scene, from Teyla losing the one person she was closest to, the person who was like a grandmother to her, to Carson who was there for Teyla to give her support when she needed it. We didn't really get to know Charin very well but she came across as a very kind and wise woman and it was sad when she chose to die.

Episode name: Trinity
                      Scene: Scene when she holds a knife to Ronon's throat

Here we see that when she needs to be she is no one to mess around with, Ronon used her friendship to get to that guy and she told him in no uncertain terms that that's the one and only time he would use her friendship like that. This story was actually better than the A story. Go figure
                      Love the comments!! If my brain wasn't so fried, I would try to comment. Maybe tomorrow if I can get GW.
                      sigpic
                      Sigs made by the talented Cazzblade, Donna, Jeyla, Linda, Luciana, Mayra, Mrs.B, Padme

WraithLord - R.I.P.

Comment

Hello
                        I know most of you are really good at doing this

But for those that are new or missed the big announcement at the top of the Character & Relationship Folder & Off Topic Folder......

Pictures rules-
                        1) They cannot be larger than the forum boundaries, 300x400 is a good size. They cannot be larger than 100K.

2)If they are called from another server you must have permission to hotlink to them. Links like this do put a drain on servers and too many folks linking to too many pictures has been known to take a server down every once in a while.

.gif rules -
                        1) They cannot be larger than the forum boundaries. They cannot be larger than 100K

Also a reminder that we have requested that you DO NOT REPOST pictures. Please change the IMG tags to URL when quoting a picture.

If you are unsure how to do this, it means that you literally change the letters IMG, /IMG to URL, /URL and it will change the picture to a link in the quoted post

We are asking for this due to bandwidth it uses on the server and you can help lower that as well as be thought of as wonderful to our Dial-Up members

Post not adhering to this will be deleted. The Moderators will not be changing the tags any longer

Thanks
                        TameFarrar
                        GateWorld Moderator
                        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Hope24 View Post
                          Which I missed!
                          You didn't miss much, It was pretty cheap and it could have been an episode from any TV show. It wasn't even X-filesy

Okay, we are not talking about the same episode then. Yeah, I read some of the comments. Well at least that is an improvement, but for me it's still a bitter pill. You know my thoughts. And I just didn't like some of the stuff the TBTB were saying too.

Spoiler:
                          Okay. Oh, and the way that show ended too. Telford going to see Young's wife. That is what I am interested to hear about the balance between character development and action. And my opinion of them writing for women hasn't change...considering the female character that I seem to read the most comments about is Chloe. I don't know what to think about her character at the moment. I don't hear much about Ming's character? I got to give you credit for hanging in there girl.
                          Oh I know, I'm still bitter about how SGA ended up that's why I decided to step away from it and try not to think about certain things too much.

SGU
                          Spoiler:
                          They still need to write for women a little better but saying that, I think I know more about Chloe and TJ in the first few eps than I ever kew about Teyla. They really dropped the ball there But I really don't know where all the hate's coming from in regards to Chloe, sure she's not exactly useful at this particular moment cause she isn't military or a scientist but she is trying to be more useful, I've quite liked Chloe apart from that one episode "Earth" but I didn't like most of them in that *shrugs* But given the right development she could become a strong character, same for TJ (where have I said that before )

Yeah we haven't seen much from Ming Na so far, we probably will later on in the season. Wasn't she originally penned as a recurring character until they decided they wanted her as a regular?

I've quite enjoyed SGU for the most part. We'll just call "Earth" a blip

LOL, yes, but I'm starting to feel bad though. Because the actor didn't have any say so in how his or her character was written, or how much their character consumed the canvas. No, the blame lie with the writers, who by the way never admit to that issue/problem. Yeah, I'm glad that Rachel is finally working on her CD too. And the other project sounds interesting. Can't wait to hear more.
                          Yeah I know it's not his fault but I can't help the way I feel SGA ruined him, I probably could watch him in other things if we didn't get such a gross over abundance of him in SGA I just shudder now every time I see him on TV
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iloveteyla View Post
                            Looks like i have found my new home but its going to take a while to read all the posts
                            Welcome, iloveteyla - love your user name.

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                            Have you guys seen this interview? It's not long, but I thought it was interesting.

Working Mom: Gateworld talks with Rachel Luttrell

Quote:
                            I actually just wrote the first installment to a series that I am going to start pitching. And we're starting to shoot the pilot episode. I don't think he would mind if I said this, but David's going to be in it -- Hewlett is going to be in it... and a number of other people. It's going to be a lot of fun. That's what I'm doing. I'm very excited about it, actually.
                            Cool, I look forward to hearing more about this project. In addition to wanting to see this project, I'm also interested in hearing more about some of the behind the scenes details.

The latest from Rachel...

http://www.rachelluttrell.com/note.asp

I believe a little Lemming as gotten her wish.
                            Indeed and very cool.

Got plenty of those, had the Daedalus pick up a few, might explain why Lemming is taking so long to get down here, oh well moving on!

A CHALLEGNE!!!

This challegen is easy, Name your top three favorite TEYLA moments and why you like them. Please note however that the summary of why you like said moments must be at least 25 words in length and use the following format

Episode name:
                            Season:
                            Scene:
                            Summary:
                            Why you like said scene:

have at it ladies and germs!
                            Great idea, Teyilia. I'll come back later to give my answers. I haven't had a chance to do my SGA marathon yet, so I'll go over the transcripts to refresh my memory of favorite Teyla moments of the earlier seasons in addition to recent moments.

Ahhh, there's nothing like a happy lemming even though she can be a bit scary when she's so happy.
                            sigpic
                            Sig by Luciana

Comment

You didn't miss much, It was pretty cheap and it could have been an episode from any TV show. It wasn't even X-filesy
                              Wow, that bad.

Oh I know, I'm still bitter about how SGA ended up that's why I decided to step away from it and try not to think about certain things too much.
                              A very good idea on your part. Step far away. Me, I'm still bitter too, the show will still be one of my favorite, even with my major disappointments for the writing and character development, but my contempt for the TBTP hasn't abated yet for me to watch and invest in another show by them. Who knows they may say something that might change that.

SGU
                              Spoiler:
                              They still need to write for women a little better but saying that, I think I know more about Chloe and TJ in the first few eps than I ever kew about Teyla. They really dropped the ball there But I really don't know where all the hate's coming from in regards to Chloe, sure she's not exactly useful at this particular moment cause she isn't military or a scientist but she is trying to be more useful, I've quite liked Chloe apart from that one episode "Earth" but I didn't like most of them in that *shrugs* But given the right development she could become a strong character, same for TJ (where have I said that before )

Yeah we haven't seen much from Ming Na so far, we probably will later on in the season. Wasn't she originally penned as a recurring character until they decided they wanted her as a regular?

I've quite enjoyed SGU for the most part. We'll just call "Earth" a blip

I am not surprise by that. That was was a concern of mines. That's an improvement. Big time! A lot of fans wanted character development, but we never got it. That was hard to come by for most of the characters except .

Spoiler:

Yes, she does get a lot of hate. Since, I don't watch the show, it is interesting to read the comments of the people who do. Yes, her "usefulness" is at the crux. She seems to be one of those character that you either like or you don't.

I'm a fan of Ming Na so I'm hoping to hear more about her.

Yeah I know it's not his fault but I can't help the way I feel SGA ruined him, I probably could watch him in other things if we didn't get such a gross over abundance of him in SGA I just shudder now every time I see him on TV
                              I know. I know what you mean I needed a timeout too. Wow that is a pretty bad reaction! Maybe, with time that will pass for you.
                              sigpic

WraithLord - R.I.P.

Comment

Wow, that bad.
                                Well I wouldn't say it was bad as such, but it wasn't exactly what I was expecting, so I was a little disappointed by it

A very good idea on your part. Step far away. Me, I'm still bitter too, the show will still be one of my favorite, even with my major disappointments for the writing and character development, but my contempt for the TBTP hasn't abated yet for me to watch and invest in another show by them. Who knows they may say something that might change that.
                                Best idea I've had in ages I'm a happier person now, and part of that is because I rediscovered the greatness of Sam/Jack And nothing can take them away from me

I am not surprise by that. That was was a concern of mines. That's an improvement. Big time! A lot of fans wanted character development, but we never got it. That was hard to come by for most of the characters except .

Spoiler:

Yes, she does get a lot of hate. Since, I don't watch the show, it is interesting to read the comments of the people who do. Yes, her "usefulness" is at the crux. She seems to be one of those character that you either like or you don't.

I'm a fan of Ming Na so I'm hoping to hear more about her.
                                Yeah we never really got any character development in SGA except for That was part of a bigger problem of SGA, at least in SG-1 we got some character development, we got to learn things about all the characters, even the recurring characters, they didn't half drop the ball with SGA in that department.

SGU
                                Spoiler:
                                In SGU's episode "Earth" I felt there was far too much character stuff and not enough everything else, It felt like a strange episode, at first I didn't know what to make of it, but in "Time" they seemed to get the correct balance between character moments and action. When they find the right balance they come up with a rather awesome episode, but when the balance is skewed they come short on quality.

I don't understand why there's such hate for the character of Chloe, I mean it's not like she's justr sitting there feeling sorry for herself or crying every five minutes. In all the other episodes there's really not much she could have done but in "Time" she herself is trying to pull her weight and trying to find things to do to at least make herself more useful. It's actually Eli that just stood around talking to the Kino and sat around doing pretty much nothing but no one is blasting him for that. It's like double standards, which on this forum I shouldn't really be too surprised at

The only people I ever heard of that was in SGU were Robert Carlyle and Louis Ferreira. I hadn't heard of any of the others.

I know. I know what you mean I needed a timeout too. Wow that is a pretty bad reaction! Maybe, with time that will pass for you.
                                It might given time, but I think it's still pretty raw at the moment, still pretty fresh in the memory
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X