Rachel Luttrell/Teyla Emmagan WOW Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maxbo View Post
    In the Season 5 episodes thread some have expressed concern that Teyla won't be around much in the second half of the season because there's no mention of her after The Queen. I hope TPTB doesn't do what they did last season and have a few Teyla-heavy episodes (Missing, Spoils of War and Kindred) and then practically ignore her for most of the other episodes.
    Don't shoot me, but that's exactly what's it going to be like... I fear. It wouldn't be any different from other seasons.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Your not wrong FH they always seem to do that to her Character and its not fair to the people who like to watch her i mean Teyla is my Fave character and i would hate for them to keep doing it to her Character
      Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Don't shoot me, but that's exactly what's it going to be like... I fear. It wouldn't be any different from other seasons.
        Don't worry, no shots will be fired from this corner.

And, I agree that what I'm hoping won't happen probably will happen because that seems to be the only way they know how to write Teyla - give her a few focused moments and then forget she exists for most of the season.

With these writers, it sucks to be a Teyla fan because if they don't love a character, they tend not to want to write for that character. It's clear that they don't love Teyla because they can't seem to find a neat little box to fit her in so they ignore her instead.

Originally posted by DONNA BOOTH View Post
        Your not wrong FH they always seem to do that to her Character and its not fair to the people who like to watch her i mean Teyla is my Fave character and i would hate for them to keep doing it to her Character
        Yes, as a Teyla fan it's annoying to see this same tired dance played out season after season. I wish SGA had writers who welcomed the challenge of writing hard to define characters like Teyla.
        sigpic
        Sig by Luciana

Comment

I completely agree with both of you... I hate being ignored, and I totally hate it when a character's potential is wasted as well.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Hence why i think they should bring in female writers....Or let Alan (at least i think that's who wrote Teyla best) write all the Teyla scenes!

TPTB don't seem to be interested in anyone except their golden boy McKay,that's why i'm beginning to really detest him and can't stand the sight of him,well that and the fact i can't stand much more of his incessant whining!
            sigpic

Comment

*pops in* I haven't been here for a while. You all have been sooo busy
              we only have finished season 3 and I'm a bit afraid of the following season after reading your posts. I hope Teyla will be more focused on too.

*pops out*

Comment

Hi everybody !
                Originally posted by DONNA BOOTH View Post
                I dont know if anyone has posted this yet
                http://www.atlantisarchive.com/journal/?p=320
                Thank you so much for the link
                Originally posted by maxbo View Post
                Rachel seems to be adjusting well to being a busy working mom. Love how her son reacted to seeing her in Wraith makeup. Poor Rachel was worried for nothing. And Joe Flanigan teasing her was hilarious. As a father of three(?) he's probably seen it all and the opportunity to tease nervous, first time mom Rachel was too good to pass up.

I'm happy that Rachel is happy, but I am a bit concerned about how much emphasis has been placed on Teyla as a mom in Rachel's last 3 interviews. Of course, Teyla being a mom bears mention, but focusing on this doesn't do anything to ease my fears that Teyla's Season 5 story will be all about her baby just as Teyla's Season 4 story was mostly about her pregnancy.

In the Season 5 episodes thread some have expressed concern that Teyla won't be around much in the second half of the season because there's no mention of her after The Queen. I hope TPTB doesn't do what they did last season and have a few Teyla-heavy episodes (Missing, Spoils of War and Kindred) and then practically ignore her for most of the other episodes.

Ok please don't shoot at me but I disagree. You know I'm a fan of Teyla and I would really like to see her more. I think it's even the onlycharacter and actress that I really love and try to support as best as i can andI agree she had missed focus and the direction
                Spoiler:
                (as Teyla being a mom really didn't please me too much).
                But after my squee was gone for so long I think it returns.

Spoiler:
                First of all on the mom subject I have to say that it disturbs me a little especially because it seems that the baby will stick around (I know I'm horrible lol) I know you don't trust JM and I can understand but I think he can have the benefice of the doubt (?)After all as I said they try to support Rachel and Teyla and Kindred 1 was I think one of my fav Teyla ep (and it was written by JM). My squee was gone for so long because I thought there won't be team ep and you know that team ep are a priori the occasion where everybody shines. In the 2nd half of S4 we haven't this. We have a lot of 2 centered ep and I don't really enjoyed this. Did you follow ? You are extremely genius because generally people can't follow my way of thinking lol.
                JM said that Teyla won't be missing any action or adventure because of motherhood. It could mean 2 things she won't be here but she won't have excuse to not be here but since the spoilers we have I think that we won't have Teyla missing action ep because there is none lol Shep didn't seem to participate too. So it recomforts me that perhaps we won't have so much talk over the baby except in the real beginning.

2ndly we haven't a lot of information at all for the second half. She never missed so many eps if she missed 4 past year is because of her pregnancy. I don't think they will forget her. Especially that I think that all the best Teyla eps were in the 2nd half. S3 was pretty bad but in the 2nd half the authors tried to adjuste things and if Teyla hadn't have been pregnant I thought tha they try to incorporate her.

I know it seems stupid but I'm always amazed that they incorporate Teyla in Midway (story which could keep on going ) while she missed so many eps or wasn't really present.

So here again my opinion sorry
                sigpic
                Sig by the Great Linda06

Comment

Originally posted by Fainne View Post
                  we only have finished season 3 and I'm a bit afraid of the following season after reading your posts. I hope Teyla will be more focused on too.

*pops out*
                  This is awesome and beautiful. Great work and I LOVE your sig with Martouf, Carson and Janet. I love Martouf lol
                  sigpic
                  Sig by the Great Linda06

Comment

*pops out*
                    Very nice indeed

and as for Teyla in S4
                    Spoiler:
                    Well she was in it quite alot in the first half of the season but we barely saw her in the second half until near the end of the season!

and S5
                    Spoiler:
                    well JM did say that we'll see alot more of Teyla in S5 than we did in S4 so that's good.....I'm being optimistic for S5
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by asgard30 View Post
                      This is awesome and beautiful. Great work and I LOVE your sig with Martouf, Carson and Janet. I love Martouf lol
                      Thank you you like Martouf? I made something for you hope you like it.
                      Spoiler:

thank you Linda - now I'm really curious

Comment

Thank you you like Martouf? I made something for you hope you like it.
                        Spoiler:

thank you Linda - now I'm really curious
                        Very nice,i'm sure asgard will love it

Your welcome...

Eps to look out for in S4
                        Spoiler:
                        Missing and Spoils of war

eps to give a wide berth to are Travellers(the worst ep in stargate history....IMHO),Miller's crossing and Harmony(unless you like really annoying whinging,and i mean worse than Rodney whinging little brat )

As for S5
                        Spoiler:
                        The ep The Queen looks like it's gonna be one awesome ep
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post

Eps to look out for in S4
                          Spoiler:
                          Missing and Spoils of war

eps to give a wide berth to are Travellers(the worst ep in stargate history....IMHO),Miller's crossing and Harmony(unless you like really annoying whinging,and i mean worse than Rodney whinging little brat )

As for S5
                          Spoiler:
                          The ep The Queen looks like it's gonna be one awesome ep
                          thanks ^^

YAY... i also read a bit before about the seasons but I don't want to know everything that happens. I can't wait for the new season

Comment

thanks ^^

YAY... i also read a bit before about the seasons but I don't want to know everything that happens. I can't wait for the new season
                            Don't worry i won't tell ya Just giving you a heads up what eps to look out for and what eps to avoid but you'll probably watch them like me....Even if they are bad eps i just can't bring myself to miss any of them
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                              Don't worry i won't tell ya Just giving you a heads up what eps to look out for and what eps to avoid but you'll probably watch them like me....Even if they are bad eps i just can't bring myself to miss any of them
                              I won't miss any episode too. It's not that I don't want to know everything. But I like the mood "just can't wait for the new episode" or " yay, tonight is Stargate on TV" you know what i mean? but thank you for giving me an overview about the seasons

Comment

I won't miss any episode too. It's not that I don't want to know everything. But I like the mood "just can't wait for the new episode" or " yay, tonight is Stargate on TV" you know what i mean? but thank you for giving me an overview about the seasons
                                No problem.....Some of the eps i mentioned is the eps that i didn't like for various reasons that i won't go into because it might give too much away but who knows,you might like them...So do ya know when you'll get S4 yet?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X