No announcement yet.

Rodney McKay/John Sheppard Friendship Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh yeah - I'd forgotten about that scene. Poor Rodney - I always cringed in embarrassment for him there. But you're right - he's obviously very worried about John.
    - Life after Stargate -
    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
      Oh yeah - I'd forgotten about that scene. Poor Rodney - I always cringed in embarrassment for him there. But you're right - he's obviously very worried about John.
      Yeah, I felt the same way. But thankfully for Teyla's words of praise.

Comment

Hey guys!

Just wanted to let people know that the Stargate Fan Awards is now open for voting. If you're looking for some John and Rodney friendship fic to read, there are 31 fics nominated in the John & Rodney friendship category. So check it out - maybe you'll find something new to read.

EDIT: Well, no sooner had I posted this than the site crashed. But hopefully it will be up again soon.
        Last edited by Killdeer; 02 July 2009, 08:50 PM.
        - Life after Stargate -
        Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
        Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
        sigpic

Comment

Hey guys!

Just wanted to let people know that the Stargate Fan Awards is now open for voting. If you're looking for some John and Rodney friendship fic to read, there are 31 fics nominated in the John & Rodney friendship category. So check it out - maybe you'll find something new to read.

EDIT: Well, no sooner had I posted this than the site crashed. But hopefully it will be up again soon.
          I'm avoiding that site, as it makes me feel insignificant, useless, bitter, angry and sad all at the same time

I made some avi's though (mostly playing around with fonts)

McKAY: Hey, I can eat frozen dinners without thawing them. (~Trinity)

Comment

Originally posted by x Varda x View Post
            I'm avoiding that site, as it makes me feel insignificant, useless, bitter, angry and sad all at the same time

I made some avi's though (mostly playing around with fonts)
            Really? Why?

Cool icons.
            - Life after Stargate -
            sigpic

Comment

Really? Why?
              Because I've written absolutely loads of fanfic since last August including stacks of McKay/Sheppard friendship stories and never get anything beyond fanfic.net. No mention on LJ and certainly nothing from this site. I know being prolific isn't justification for a mention, but my reviewers always say they love my stuff...
              Cool icons.
              Thanks I made this one too

Comment

Because I've written absolutely loads of fanfic since last August including stacks of McKay/Sheppard friendship stories and never get anything beyond fanfic.net. No mention on LJ and certainly nothing from this site. I know being prolific isn't justification for a mention, but my reviewers always say they love my stuff...
                Oh. I'm sorry.

Cute.
                - Life after Stargate -
                sigpic

Comment

Oh. I'm sorry.
                  Thanks I'll just have to avoid it like the plague otherwise I don't think I'll ever write again...
                  Cute.
                  I'll have to make some more

Comment

You realize that reviewers are the ones who nominate, right? The SG Awards don't make those decisions. They ask for nominations, put the site together, notify the authors, and have the authors place their nominations in categories. The volunteers at that site are facilitators, not nominators. If you want a wider audience, may I suggest posting your work to LJ? From what I can tell, most of the fics nominated are hosted on LJ.
                    sigpic
                    Sig by Luciana
                    My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Hello all just wanted to fill you in on JF twitter

http://twitter.com/JoeFlanigan

He wants to beat DH

sigpic
                      My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                      poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

I´d like to revive this thread for a moment. I am in the middle of SGA marathon and I think I appreciate the McKay/Sheppard friendship more than I did before. Things that annoyed me before don´t annoy me anymore and I think there is a great circle going on with Rodney and John.

I was never a fan of Sheppard but now, after...3 years since I watched it for the last time, I have to admit, him and Rodney are Atlantis for me.

I love the second half of Season 3 because (as much as some Teyla or Ronon fans hate it) is kind of Sheppard/McKay show. But on the other hand, there are also great team episodes in the second half of S3 and I started appreciate episodes like The Ark or Submersion.

I love the subtlety of their relationship. They snark, they argue, they are both loners and let´s face it, BOTH are kind of jerks. Sheppard is in his own way, they both had problems with relationships or authorities before they came to Atlantis.
                        That is why I like their relationship more than, for example Jack and Daniel on SG1. I liked the friendship of Jack and Daniel but it was already there in the first episode because they knew each other. To watch the friendship develop between Rodney and John on SGA is something that I missed terribly on SG1.
                        And yes, I prefer these "McKay, you are an idiot." "Sheppard, you are an idiot." kind of relationship than more straightforward Jack and Daniel.
                        There are no "I am so happy you are alive!" moments between Rodney and John, only "What took you so long?" moments and that is great.

The subtle development even in the first name basis was interesting to watch. I considered myself as S4 hater. I still think there are some really bad episodes and I still think that bring Carter was a mistake. But the friendship of these two got to a different level in S4. First of all, Rodney finally started to call Sheppard "John". Second, they had some great scenes there - like in The Seer, where they spoke about the mistake they made with the Replicator code or when Rodney wanted to sacrifice himself to save Jeannie in Miller´s Crossing.
                        They have just been there for each other, naturally, and I love it

Different acting styles also help - Joe Flanigan has more subtle style of acting. You can see it in his eyes. David is more eccentric and I think those two work perfectly.

I am aware that this is an ensemble show and relationships here work maybe even better than on SG1 (where it was pretty much only about SG1 interacting with each other, occasionally with Hammond and Janet) but there is no doubt that Rodney and John are friends. After S4, I wouldn´t even hesitate to say "best friends".

I think the scene in Doppleganger, where Sheppard walks totally broken throught the hallway when he thinks Rodney is dead, says it all (this scene made me to write here, actually, because I think it was perfect)

Woohoo, a long post I hope somebody will read it
                        Last edited by Klenotka; 15 May 2011, 01:49 AM.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

I read it I love their friendship over the years
                          sigpic
                          My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                          poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

John helping Rodney
                            Attached Files
                            sigpic

Comment

Started a few games here are the Stargate related ones
                              http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/8...vies-1st-to-50

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/8...vies-1st-to-50
                              sigpic

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X