Major Lorne/Kavan Smith Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Medie13 View Post
    hey i own casablanca on dvd and i've never seen it. yeah my parents bought it for me one christmas--i'm not entirely sure why.

i've been thinking about this...yeah i need to put a radio or something in the kitchen cuz my mind wanders while i'm cooking/cleaning in there--does anyone else think it strange that stargate combined air force and marines? cuz normally the marines work with the navy...and the only branches that hate each other more on principle than the air force/marines are the navy/army.

i have also always thought it odd that the only air force guys on atlantis are sheppard and lorne. did the powers that be ever give a reason for that?? just something that popped into my head when i was working up a team for lorne for my fic. and never mind the argument i had with my cousin trying to convince her ford was air force (yeah i don't watch season 1 much or haven't recently and yes i now know she is right and he's a marine and yes i bowed down and told her she was right),
    Sheppard and Lorne aren't the only USAF boys,
    Spoiler:
    in Sunday there were a few Air Force uniforms at the funeral

Plus, the crew of the Apollo and the Daedalus will be Air Force I would imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by firefly827347 View Post
      Sheppard and Lorne aren't the only USAF boys,
      Spoiler:
      in Sunday there were a few Air Force uniforms at the funeral

Plus, the crew of the Apollo and the Daedalus will be Air Force I would imagine.
      true but the majority of them are marines and it still doesn't explain why they mixed marines and air force.

yes the apollo and daedalus are air force. and yeah considering like every other scifi show has the spaceships as navy--that does amuse me. (hey even my series the military is the "space naval service"--i just realized that!)

Comment

just saw an atlantis commercial for september and definitely saw lorne!!

once they start the commercial and start flipping scenes after john yells "elizabeth!" the next shot is lorne holding a 9 mil on someone. looks like he's actually on atlantis too cuz he's not dressed in tac vest and gear. just thought everyone would like to know.

oh and flash gordon isn't half bad--it'll be one of the lead in shows for atlantis come september. i mean its no stargate but it could be a WHOLE lot worse.

Comment

Awesome questions. Never seen the pic of Kavan as a blonde, quite disturbing actually.

Banner by Stef
          Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

Originally posted by firefly827347 View Post
            I've never seen Casablanca...
            You've never seen Casablance!? -gasp- then you have missed one of the greatest movies of all time (or at least I think so). You must rent it sometime and actually watch it. (same goes for you too Medie!)

Originally posted by Medie13 View Post
            just saw an atlantis commercial for september and definitely saw lorne!!

once they start the commercial and start flipping scenes after john yells "elizabeth!" the next shot is lorne holding a 9 mil on someone. looks like he's actually on atlantis too cuz he's not dressed in tac vest and gear.

oh and flash gordon isn't half bad--it'll be one of the lead in shows for atlantis come september. i mean its no stargate but it could be a WHOLE lot worse.
            Yes Lorne is in a "blink and you'll miss it" shot...I think that it's from 'Doppledanger' but I'm not a 100% sure. hehehe...he had bed-head in that shot

Flash's hair scares me. And I think the main comp. for SGA will be 'Eureka' and 'Dresden Files'.

It's Complicated Butterflies and Hurricanes

Comment

Which version of Casablanca?

Banner by Stef
              Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyLikeaFox View Post
                Which version of Casablanca?
                *raises hand* I've never seen any version *shakes head*

Now...Blonde!

Comment

People need to see the original (1942) version of Casablanca...Humphry Bogart and Ingrid Birdman are awesome. "Here's lookin' at you kid." is one of my favorite lines from the movie...that and "We'll always have Paris."

-giggle- I always start laughing whenever I see Kavan with that hair color....I just can't help it, it's just so funny

here's some more blonde

It's Complicated Butterflies and Hurricanes

Comment

People haven't seen Casablanca? It's not one of my favorites (I like my movies to be a little more action-packed) but it's one of those movies you need to see at least once.

Blond Kavan. *shudder*

Originally posted by Elizabeth Bartlett View Post
                    Flash's hair scares me. And I think the main comp. for SGA will be 'Eureka' and 'Dresden Files'.
                    Except that Dresden Files got cancelled so SGA only has to compete with Eureka.

Comment

Originally posted by PuddleJumper42 View Post
                      People haven't seen Casablanca? It's not one of my favorites (I like my movies to be a little more action-packed) but it's one of those movies you need to see at least once.
                      I'm not a fan of the oldies. The oldest films I watch are ones like ET, Star
                      Wars and The Last Starfighter

Originally posted by PuddleJumper42 View Post
                      Except that Dresden Files got cancelled so SGA only has to compete with Eureka.
                      I know, I'm really bummed about that. I like Paul Blackthorne...

Comment

Well I know David Tennant was in a version of Casablnca so I want to see that but that's really OT.
                        Is it agreed somewhere that Lorne's first name is Evan? Kavan said it was on the side of Lorne's plane (don't know the real name for it) but I never noticed it.

Banner by Stef
                        Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyLikeaFox View Post
                          Well I know David Tennant was in a version of Casablnca so I want to see that but that's really OT.
                          Is it agreed somewhere that Lorne's first name is Evan? Kavan said it was on the side of Lorne's plane (don't know the real name for it) but I never noticed it.
                          His 'plane' is an F-302 And his name was supposed to be on his flight suit but it never made it into the shot.

David Tennant was in Casanova, not Casablanca. But he was brilliant in it anyway

Comment

damn I'm really mixing myself up must be tired. Apparently his name was on the side of his F-302, not that I've ever looked.

Banner by Stef
                            Fruitcakes Anonymous C2

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth Bartlett View Post
                              You've never seen Casablance!? -gasp- then you have missed one of the greatest movies of all time (or at least I think so). You must rent it sometime and actually watch it. (same goes for you too Medie!)
                              i don't have to rent it. i own it or at least i'm pretty sure i do. at the moment i have no idea where it is though.

Yes Lorne is in a "blink and you'll miss it" shot...I think that it's from 'Doppledanger' but I'm not a 100% sure. hehehe...he had bed-head in that shot

well apparently i've blinked and missed him a couple of times cuz i coulda sworn i've seen that commercial before and not him. yes he had bed-head and looked slightly freaked out--you'd think after 2 years he'd start to find atlantis "normal".

oh i guess i haven't really paid much attention to flash's hair--what about it scares you?

eureka is airing now and i think it will be done before sga starts so how can it be competition? plus it airs on a different night.

i watched a little bit of "dresden"--like paul b (can't remember his last name now but the guy that played dresden) but wasn't that impressed with the show overall. but yeah it did get canceled and i don't think they even aired all the ones they filmed.

speaking of the whole blonde thing. the first time i found a picture of kavan blonde, i pulled it off-line and emailed it to my cousin with the title "guess who?" she emails me back "is that kavan??" i told her yes and asked how did she guess and she goes "well honestly cuz it was you, but that is really disturbing...what was he thinking?!" we had a good laugh over it.

now i have to go get ready--mom's picking me up in a few minutes to go to a teacher thing why do they start these things before 9am on a saturday??

Comment

morning peoples
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X