Major Lorne/Kavan Smith Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

It's after midnight here so it's Kavan Smith's birthday!

Comment

Hi everyone - I am a long-time lurker, but also a long-time SGA fan (and esp. Lorne).

I hope I can find an answer here instead of heading to the general SGA forums:

I am working on a fanfic, have been for way too long, finally hope I can be happy enough with it so I can start posting it on some fanfic sites...

For EatG: Where exactly was Lorne as Atlantis reached the Milky Way, just before Zelenka did his magic and 'wormholed' the city to Earth? Was he still on Atlantis, or had he and his team piggy-backed on one of the ships protecting Earth? Did his team engage Darts to try to (unsuccessfully, sadly) protect Area 51 and The Chair?

I tried watching pieces of the episode on some sites, but for some reason, Lorne's presence is choppy, not sure where he is, and for sure he wasn't IN Atlantis as she sat outside of San Francisco.

Oh, and happy birthday, Kavan!

Comment

*waves* Hi Taladyvet.

From what I remember, Lorne was in the City with everyone but Sheppard (who'd gone to Earth to man The Chair). When the City tried to dial the SGC from the fringes of the Milky Way galaxy, they connected instead with the Hive ship and so he and the rest of Sheppard's team went through the gate to the Hive ship in hopes of stopping it from inside the Hive.

They met up with Sheppard on the Hive ship and are about to nuke it with themselves on board, but at the last minute Atlantis shows up and fights the Hive, giving the team (with Lorne) enough time to have Rodney fix the gate to dial the SGC and for them all to get off the ship right after flipping the switch on the Nuke.

He probably was IN Atlantis when it was outside San Francisco... he just wasn't shown again.

Here is a link to the episode information and summary here on the Gateworld website. There are links there also for the picture gallery and the transcripts as well so you can glean some more specific information.

Good luck with your story. You should post a link here to the story once you finish it too.
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the info as well as the welcome, bailey1ak!

I read through some of the summary, still couldn't remember what else was going on in the City as it reached Earth, as well as if Wraith also entered the atmosphere in areas NOT around Area 52...but since I *think* I'll make my story a semi-AU, I guess I can play around with 'How I Really Think That Episode Should Have Been...' (hence, fanfic).

I've been tweaking my fanfic as soon as I told myself that I should put it in the fanficdom...but Sayin' it and actually thinking my stuff is ready for others to read is hard.

That, plus I think my rating my story and deciding if it would be better as a series...(which is why I am HERE drooling over lornesheppardrononcarson and not, well, working on the story/ies.

Comment

Actress Thandie Newton was on Jimmy Fallon tonight (May 23, 2014) because the series "Rogue" is coming back for a second season on DirecTV on May 28. Kavan was her husband on the show. I checked out the show and found that Thandie's character has separated from Kavan's character and has moved to another city, taking their child with her. I don't know if Kavan will be in second season. The show's IMDB doesn't have him in any second season shows and on the show's website his character isn't clickable anymore.

However, in researching this, I found Kavan was in a TV movie, "Baby Bootcamp," airing May 2014 in Canada on Super Channel on Demand and aired in April in the UK on Movies24. If you get Super Channel, there are still some airings left for May.

For those in the US, keep an eye out to see if it will air on something like the Hallmark Channel.

Trailer and info here.
              http://www.christiewillfilms.com/#!baby-bootcamp/cz0f

My kind of guy:
              "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
              Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
              (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Baby Bootcamp poster.

My kind of guy:
                "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog

Comment

Originally posted by taladyvet View Post
                  Hi everyone - I am a long-time lurker, but also a long-time SGA fan (and esp. Lorne).
                  I tried watching pieces of the episode on some sites, but for some reason, Lorne's presence is choppy, not sure where he is, and for sure he wasn't IN Atlantis as she sat outside of San Francisco.
                  Another place for info is the Stargate Wiki. Here's the link to Enemy at the Gate.
                  http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Enemy_at_the_Gate

And here's the link to Lorne's entry.
                  http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Evan_Lorne

My kind of guy:

Comment

Thanks watcher652 for the information!
                    sigpic
                    KavanSmithFans.com
                    Live a life less ordinary ... Live a life extraordinary with me ...

Comment

Not sure if anyone is interested in fanfic/art challenges, but if you are, this is the newest challenge. All fandoms thunks and ships are welcome, so far 8 threads here on GW are participating. If not one is interested, then pretend I was never here.

Challenge #34

Let's do a little Spring Cleaning, shall we? If you have missed a challenge, go back and do it! The list for all past challenge is right here.

If you have done all the past challenges, or none of them are calling out to you, then this week's challenge is The Four Elements. Use earth, air, water and or fire in your fan fic or your art.

Entries are due to me by Monday, June 2nd, by noon your time.
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm not sure if someone have asked this question and I don't want to look through all the post but if you could describe the character Major Lorne with one word, what would it be?

tumblr_n2q0tnpCWH1sdpemao1_500.jpg

Comment

Thudworthy!
                          sigpic
                          KavanSmithFans.com
                          Live a life less ordinary ... Live a life extraordinary with me ...

Comment

sigpic

Comment

A couple of days ago I had a dream of Lorne It was nice.... very nice
                              Lost in space ...

Comment

How wonderful to not only dream about the dimpled flyboy!... but to also remember it.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X