Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*waves at FG*

Originally posted by Cate'sCorner View Post
    Howdy doody, Bay! How's your day going?!?

Cate
    Good, good... just finished a few work related things and now excited to see only 20 minutes to go.

You?

sigpic

Comment

Well, now that I've got power back - yep, I'm good!

Running the 'putie on battery power though, just in case Had a major power cut here last night, and the lights are still a bit flicky, so I've got candles and torches at the ready.

Still, on the much brighter side, what a lovely lot of photos to thunk over!

Cate
      sigpic

...with thanks to the wonderful Bay...

Comment

Well, the power's still on, which is good - much better than the total blackout we had last night, but it's time to hit the hay now. Hope your day's gone well, Bay, and see you tomorrow!

Cate
        sigpic

Comment

Hope you slept well, Cate. I kind of enjoy power outages... as long as they are short... just a couple of hours. We don't seem to get them often here though and when we do they are really short... only 5 - 10 minutes.

Feel bad for those on the East Coast here though... many, many are without power and it is cold too. Not a good combination!

sigpic

Comment

Thanks, Bay!

Yes, that power outage was pretty serious, it took out a local generator, hence the length of time it's taken to fully repair. So those folks on the East coast have my sympathy.

Luckily our weather here is really mild at the moment, and I also have gas fires for heating and cooking. So even if we have a really bad outage, at least I can keep warm, and fed!

So, how's your day going?

Cate
            sigpic

Comment

Love the "...and fed" part. Made me smile.

Day is going okay. Son has pretty bad cold so not much sleep was had last night. Working rather late tonight as well trying to make a deadline. At least the deadline is around the corner.

So your power is back I'm assuming. The gas heating and cooking would be helpful for such situations.

sigpic

Comment

Oh yes, food is important. It's just a shame I've already had dinner, because I'm getting this strange sudden craving for pumpkin

And glad I could make you smile. I always think if you can make someone smile instead of making them cry, you're having a good day!

Yes, the power is fully back now, which is good. Luckily these serious outages don't happen often, but when they do - oh, they do it bigtime!

Hope that your son is feeling a bit better. I know there's nothing more disruptive to a nice night's sleep than a rotten cold. If I get one, I dose myself up with remedy, and that usually zonks me straight out!

Cate
                sigpic

Comment

A huge craving for pumpkin, or a craving for huge pumpkins?

What is that picture from?
                  sigpic
                  Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

The picture is from the movie Growing the Big One. Fun movie with lots of Kavan.

And yes making me laugh instead of cry is a bonus, Cate. Although, I can only see you making me smile.

sigpic

Comment

Hey, Morgania!

Pumpkins?! Oh, I really don't mind what form they take, I just love them - especially in homemade soup!

And the picture is from a TV movie that Kavan did, called Growing The Big One. It's a great movie, perfect for a girls' night in, and you can get it on DVD from the usual online stores.

Hope that helps!!

Cate
                      sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Awww, we must have posted our answers at the same time, Bay!!

Glad to hear I'll always make you smile too - just as you'll always make me thunk myself senseless with these piccies!!

I mean, hot diggity, can that boy wear denim, or what?!?!?

Cate
                          sigpic

Comment

Yep, he sure can.

sigpic

Comment

*imagining myself in Shannen Doherty's place*

Well, a girl can dream, right?!?!? And you know, my DVD player might just be getting a workout this weekend. So note to self - pick up choccies and popcorn on way home tomorrow, 'cos it's girlie movie time!!

Cate
                              sigpic

Comment

I want some girlie movie time! I think I'm about due... will have to tell hubby it is my turn to pick a movie.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X