• Show
Clear All

Sleep well, Cate.

He would have made a good boyfriend.

sigpic

Comment

sigpic myLornefanfic

Comment

Got a 394 on the Kavan quiz on easy. Is that good?

Cate--glad you had a nice visit with sis and some fun trips. I about fell out when you said "Portsmouth". I was born near Portsmouth. New Hampshire.

Bay, Sci--sorry about the snow. It was 87F here today.

Gotta fly--karate!
        sigpic
        Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
        Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Originally posted by bailey1ak View Post
          Okay... this quiz is even harder because I haven't seen most of his movies....
          When I loaded that page, I saw this:

Top Scores For This Game
          Updated hourly
          Score User When
          418 rcrens01 3 weeks ago
          298 nici-3 6 hours ago

rcrens01 is me, lol...... Obviously I've taken it before.
          sigpic

Comment

I didn't like that quiz. lol!
            sigpic
            KavanSmithFans.com
            Live a life less ordinary ... Live a life extraordinary with me ...

Comment

Originally posted by camelot7414 View Post
              When I loaded that page, I saw this:

Top Scores For This Game
              Updated hourly
              Score User When
              418 rcrens01 3 weeks ago
              298 nici-3 6 hours ago

rcrens01 is me, lol...... Obviously I've taken it before.
              Originally posted by Nici View Post
              I didn't like that quiz. lol!
              Holy cats! I didn't sign in, but I was right between you two. Didn't even notice the letters of the first name enough to put two and two together, but I did think that might be our Nici. I really AM a blonde! Not bad for a first time, but I mainly guessed by using "fill in the blanks" mentality and wracking my brain for the names of shows he'd been in. Kind of funny that his "top three" fans according to that quiz's results are coming to see him in August and staying together in a hotel room.

ETA: I did do it on the "easy" setting, too.
              sigpic
              Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
              Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
                Holy cats! I didn't sign in, but I was right between you two. Didn't even notice the letters of the first name enough to put two and two together, but I did think that might be our Nici. I really AM a blonde! Not bad for a first time, but I mainly guessed by using "fill in the blanks" mentality and wracking my brain for the names of shows he'd been in. Kind of funny that his "top three" fans according to that quiz's results are coming to see him in August and staying together in a hotel room.

ETA: I did do it on the "easy" setting, too.
                Yeah that is a funny coincidence. Course it could just be that we are all obsessed
                sigpic

Comment

Oh, I've really got to do this quiz, it sounds fun!

Been busy elsewhere today, stocking up my library of Atlantis books on Kindle. Going from the reviews on Amazon, for all the books that feature our favourite Major, I've downloaded four.

The first two were a bit disappointing, with just a few lines, and very little action. But the other two are absolutely brilliant, loads of Lorne in the thick of the action, and some dialogue that you can almost hear Kavan saying during an actual episode. One exchange, in particular, just made me howl, but I'm not sure if I can repeat it here? Or maybe just paraphrase?

Either way, those two are now loaded up on my Kindle, while the others will just stay on my PC.

So, how's everyone doing? Having a good Saturday?

Cate
                  sigpic

...with thanks to the wonderful Bay...

Comment

Originally posted by Cate'sCorner View Post
                    Oh, I've really got to do this quiz, it sounds fun!

Been busy elsewhere today, stocking up my library of Atlantis books on Kindle. Going from the reviews on Amazon, for all the books that feature our favourite Major, I've downloaded four.

The first two were a bit disappointing, with just a few lines, and very little action. But the other two are absolutely brilliant, loads of Lorne in the thick of the action, and some dialogue that you can almost hear Kavan saying during an actual episode. One exchange, in particular, just made me howl, but I'm not sure if I can repeat it here? Or maybe just paraphrase?

Either way, those two are now loaded up on my Kindle, while the others will just stay on my PC.

So, how's everyone doing? Having a good Saturday?

Cate
                    Cate, which were the books that had more Lorne?
                    sigpic

Comment

Ooooops! I should have put this in my post to start with - sorry, Cam!

*Gives herself a hard Gibbslap*

Okay, the ones that have loads of Lorne are Casualties Of War, and Nightfall, which features the exchange I put in my first post. I've paraphrased it under the spoiler bar
                      Spoiler:
                      Lorne is caught up in a small explosion which leaves him with several cuts on his face. Shep, being the ever concerned and courteous CO that he is, suggests that he switch to an electric shaver. And the reply is just pure Lorne. "With all due respect, sir. Bite me."

Honestly, it's worth getting the book for that line alone, but there are loads more classic Lorne one liners, so I can definitely recommend it!

Cate
                      sigpic

Comment

Morning, folks!! And happy Sunday!!

Thought I'd just follow up on yesterday's post about the SGA novels that feature our favourite Major. Another one that I'd love to recommend is Death Game, by Jo Graham.

It reminds me of Runner, since Evan spends much of the book with McKay - so you can imagine the snarking that goes on between them! It also gives us more of a backstory for Evan which, although not part of the canon-based Legacy series, is still one that I'd be happy to take as true to the series.

It brings Evan's birth year into line with Kavan's, and the date is pretty close too! So from that, it looks as if something I've always thought about his age against John's is more likely to be accurate, ie that Evan is roughly three years younger.

Anyway, the book is brilliant, and I'd happily recommend it! Off now to see if I can find any more!!

Cate
                        sigpic

Comment

Sounds like lots of good books to look forward too.

sigpic

Comment

Hi, Bay!! *waves*

Yes, these books really do our favourite Major proud - and like I say, that line from Nightfall is just classic Lorne!!

I can't remember if I mentioned this before, but he also has a significant role through the latest Legacy series. There's six books for that series in total, the sixth has just come out, and they're all available as e-books through Kindle.

They were the first ones I downloaded onto my 'putie, and then my new portable Kindle. If I find any more, I'll be sure to let you all know here.

Cate
                            sigpic

Comment

*waves back at Cate*

I have the first two in the Legacy series on my Kindle and am about to finish the first one. It was very good! Been a while since I've read anything that wasn't fanfiction. I usually just download fanfiction to my Kindle. I will probably get the rest on my Kindle as I go.

sigpic

Comment

Well, my Kindle is the really basic one, that just lets me read e-books, but to be honest that's all I need. If I want to access the internet to read fanfic, or just watch some of Kavan's eppies of Atlantis, SG1 and Eureka, I use my iPod.

It took me ages to get a Kindle, I'd been thinking of getting one for quite a while, then these Legacy books were the final push I needed. Getting them in normal paperback format is such a longer process.

Glad you're enjoying the Legacy series too - it's a fabulous story as a whole, and they've really kept true to Lorne's character too!

Cate
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X