No announcement yet.

Major Lorne/Kavan Smith Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey there, immer! Love that first pic there. He looks so adorable--a little bed-heady and that smirk is so cute. I think I simply must borrow it. Here's a sweater for you to help you keep warm.

sigpic
    Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
    Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Hello, folks!

Thanks so much for the welcome, immer! It's great to be here!!

Yes, Jetstream was always my favourite out of those shows that Kavan narrated. I don't know if it's because of the fighter pilot connection between those rookies and a certain Major, or just that the group were more likeable as a whole - but I definitely prefer Jetstream to CS. And it doesn't matter how many times i see it, I still choke up when you see Mike in that final episode. What an amazing, and astonishingly brave man!

I loved the extras on the DVD too, especially the graduation ceremony. How handsome did all of them look?

Speaking of which, those photos are gorgeous! I'm with WW, that first one is beyond adorable - and is it just me, or does he look a bit like a young Robbie Williams there?

Oh, I haven't seen GTBO yet, I'll be watching that tomorrow night. Before then, I need to get some shopping in, and try and do a bit of writing for the latest fic.

Hm, action packed day ahead - might just need some chocolate to keep up my energy!

Yeah, I know - any excuse!

Cate
      sigpic

...with thanks to the wonderful Bay...

Comment

Hi imme nice to meet you

Comment

Thanks for the sweater, Why! *snuggles close*

Now I want to watch Jetstream again, but I should go to bed. I have an appointment with a colleague and tons of cookie dough tomorrow. Hm, I don't see any resemblance to Robbie Williams but yes, it is a very cute pic.

Oh my, my Internet is so slow tonight. I'm trying to post more pictures, but it may take a while...

I'm off to bed!

Comment

Originally posted by immertreu View Post
            Hm, I don't see any resemblance to Robbie Williams but yes, it is a very cute pic.

Hmm, guess I overdid the coffee last night. Still slept well, though, and hope you had happy Lorne shaped dreams too

Love these latest piccies, but can I ask a question, please? I've been trying to upload a poster that I'm working on to make as a signature, but at 290kb it's far too big. I've tried everything to reduce its size down to 89kb, but nothing's working. Any ideas on how to get that kb size down?

Thanks!

Cate
            sigpic

Comment

Cate, try PMing Bay (Bailey1ak); she's pretty good with the tech stuff.
              sigpic
              Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
              Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

I'll do that, WW - thanks!

Cate
                sigpic

Comment

Fedcon 2012 intro vid. Kavan's part is very short and is at about 2:15

sigpic

Comment

Another one....

Kavan's in a couple of places. The biggest part is at the end (about 2:20-2:40)
                    sigpic

Comment

Ooooh, those are great, Cam - thanks for sharing!

Well, had a great day yesterday. I picked up my second pressie from Santa Postie - a signed photo of Kavan, the one from Doppelganger where he's all confused and bedheady. (is that even a word? Guess so now!)

Also watched GTBO, complete with big bowl of popcorn. Oh, wow, I loved it! And later, we've got two episodes of Eureka, building up to Do You See What I See?

Yes, my friends, life is good - and even better when it's Kavan-shaped!

Cate
                      sigpic

Comment

Oooh, here's a question that, I hope, hasn't been asked here before.

If Lorne hadn't had the ATA gene, joined the Air Force, then the SGC etc, what do you think he'd have been?

We know he's a gifted artist, and he seems to have at least some knowledge of geology and surveying... but what other careers do you think he might have followed?

Cate
                        sigpic

Comment

Well, he was supposedly Shep's admin in his duties as XO, so maybe a management position? He'd clean up nice to work in an art gallery. In ITB, I have a hint of him teaching art like his mom.

sigpic

Comment

An article about the upcoming "Rogue" ... it just mentions Kavan's name ... nothing else. But worth the read.
                            http://www.theprovince.com/entertain...646/story.html
                            sigpic
                            KavanSmithFans.com
                            Live a life less ordinary ... Live a life extraordinary with me ...

Comment

Comment

I feel like this today. Going to the chiro

Comment

Working...
                                X