Major Lorne/Kavan Smith Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aang posted this over on the Team Flyboy thread:

Hey, for the Lorne fans --Here's some Major Lorne emotes! http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/b...Major%20Lorne/

Note-I didn't make them. I found them over in the Stargate Fandom section, made by Myn or something like that, and put up for snurching. Don't think Myn's been on in a while but I thought all you Lorne fans might like them

sigpic

Comment

Hahah, too cute!

Okay, I really shouldn't have done it, but I bought myself an early Christmas present which arrived today: a package from Lifetime. Yup, I bought The Killing Game and A Date with Darkness. I'm just soooo glad I didn't have to pay any additional taxes. I guess I got lucky or the guys at the customs office where in a good mood.

Comment

I'm popping into the thread to see if anyone would like to play Evan Lorne, in my Stargate SG-1 and SGA RPG. A quick note that the Sam/Jack, Sheppard/Teyla and Daniel/Janet relationships are a part of the RPG. If you would like to play another character please PM me and I'll give you a list of the characters from the Character List SGA & SG-1 that are needed to start the RPG as I haven't made a post in the Fandom section about my RPG yet as I just wanted to check in some of the character and relationship threads first.

These are the two important threads to look at if you decide to join:
        This is what’s going to be happening in the RPG
        The rules and information of the RPG
        Last edited by planet_tv; 30 November 2012, 12:22 AM.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Originally posted by immertreu View Post
          Hahah, too cute!

Okay, I really shouldn't have done it, but I bought myself an early Christmas present which arrived today: a package from Lifetime. Yup, I bought The Killing Game and A Date with Darkness. I'm just soooo glad I didn't have to pay any additional taxes. I guess I got lucky or the guys at the customs office where in a good mood.

Um, first of all - hi, I'm Cate, a Lorne-loving newbie.

I've had a lovely hour (or three!) reading through this thread, and I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone here.

Just had to say I love these emotes, and to Sabine - don't worry, I've treated myself to a couple of early Christmas presents too, the DVDs of Jetstream and Combat School, that Kavan did the narration for.

I'm really happy about it too, because the TV channel that started showing it earlier this year pulled it from their schedules with three episodes still to show!

Also, there were so many moments during Jetstream that I thought "That sounds just like something Lorne would say!!"

I couldn't wait three weeks to watch them, though, but I've just found Growing The Big One, so hopefully that'll arrive in time for Christmas Day.

Cate
          sigpic

...with thanks to the wonderful Bay...

Comment

Hi Cate! Welcome to the thread!
            sigpic
            KavanSmithFans.com
            Live a life less ordinary ... Live a life extraordinary with me ...

Comment

Hi again, Cate! Good to see you here. So, you being a Lorne Lover means you liked my greetings over on Team Flyboy, then?

I've heard OF those two shows he narrated, but have never heard them or seen them.

sigpic
              Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
              Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

You'll love GTBO--his character is just so...so...so danged sweet and wonderful and charming and helpful and...

sigpic
                Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
                Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Hello again, whytewych! Sorry I disappeared a bit abruptly last night - lost my internet connection, just as I was getting into my stride!

Oooh, more lovely piccies from, I guess, GTBO? I've seen quite a few publicity photos of Kavan from this movie, and thought - yep, definite must see. He fits these good guy next door roles so well.

I've followed Kavan's career for quite a while now. I first saw him in the Titanic mini series (love it when he decks Tim Curry with that paddle) and, of course, just loved watching him in Atlantis. Evan was such a dependable character and, I think, was more believable as Shep's XO than Ford. I think those few extra years, and higher rank, made the difference.

Hm, I could chat about him all night, but I don't want to swamp you on one post!

Thanks again for the welcome, and I'm really looking forward to sharing the LorneLove here. I can see there's lots to go around!

Cate
                  sigpic

Comment

Well, good news is my internet behaved itself tonight, so no sudden disappearances.

Bad news, I need to get up really early in the morning, so I'm turning in. See you tomorrow!

Cate
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
                      Hi again, Cate! Good to see you here. So, you being a Lorne Lover means you liked my greetings over on Team Flyboy, then?

I've heard OF those two shows he narrated, but have never heard them or seen them.

[IMG]http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm204/whytewytch/Growing%20the%20Big%20One/workingontruckwithradio.jpg[IMG]

Yep, I'm here - and with so many lovely greetings, I'll be here as much as I can!

Yes, these shows were both excellent. Although you don't see Kavan at all, he narrates through the whole length of each episode (eight for Jetstream, which came out in 2008, and six for Combat School, which followed the year after). And as I mentioned in another post, for Jetstream especially, there are several times when you can hear a little bit of Lorne! I think that's why I prefer Jetstream to Combat School, which focuses more on the Canadian army.

You can see trailers for both shows on Youtube, but as a newbie, I'm not sure if you can include links to other sites here. If it is, can you please let me know?

Ooh, more good news, my DVD for GTBO is on the way!! I will now celebrate with chocolate.

Cate
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cate'sCorner View Post
                        Yep, I'm here - and with so many lovely greetings, I'll be here as much as I can!

Yes, these shows were both excellent. Although you don't see Kavan at all, he narrates through the whole length of each episode (eight for Jetstream, which came out in 2008, and six for Combat School, which followed the year after). And as I mentioned in another post, for Jetstream especially, there are several times when you can hear a little bit of Lorne! I think that's why I prefer Jetstream to Combat School, which focuses more on the Canadian army.

You can see trailers for both shows on Youtube, but as a newbie, I'm not sure if you can include links to other sites here. If it is, can you please let me know?

Ooh, more good news, my DVD for GTBO is on the way!! I will now celebrate with chocolate.

Cate
                        My boys would love them because they have to do with war/military; I would listen to Kavan read the phone book and be content. **sigh**

sigpic

Comment

Just posted the final chapter of In the Blood.

AO3

ff.net

Hope you enjoy!

sigpic

Comment

My boys would love them because they have to do with war/military; I would listen to Kavan read the phone book and be content. **sigh**

Yes, it's the voice, isn't it? Instantly recognisable, and so melodic. As you say, he could recite a phone book, and still make it sound - wow!!

I'm guessing you already have the Impressions CD? I have it on my iPod, along with all Kavan's eppies of SG1, Atlantis and Eureka - perfect for occasions like today, when I'm stuck on a train for four hours, just trying to get into work.

Honestly, one centimetre of snow, and the UK grinds to a halt. Grrrr.

On a much happier note, we're finally getting the Christmas special eppie Do You See What I See? here over Christmas - can't wait!

Cate
                            sigpic

Comment

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/m...girlsLorne.gif
                              WW, I have both series on my laptop. I'll bring it with me in March.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by camelot7414 View Post
                                WW, I have both series on my laptop. I'll bring it with me in March.

They're both excellent series, aren't they? For Jetstream especially, the airborne footage is fantastic. Some nice touches of humour, too.

BTW, camelot, I love your signature banner!

Cate
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X