No announcement yet.

Major Lorne/Kavan Smith Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha, thanks camelot7414!!! I love madness!!
    "I'm afraid the only bandaids we have are Ninja Turtles...that's the last time I let Colonel Sheppard help me with my medical supply list!!"

--Dr. Beckett "Real Life Atlantis" Fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Silversi View Post
      Heya everybody! So I'm new to the Kavan Smith/Lorne phenomena! I've been a Stargate Atlantis fan for what seems like forever, but only very recently did my eyes settle on Lorne, and I went 'whoa....look at you'. And its as if my eyes were just opened to his awesomeness (not to mention hotness!) So now I'm finding everything Lorne/Kavan related that I can get my hands on!!

I just recently wanted the '06 interview with him from Gateworld, and I have to say I thought the whole interview was quite adorable. I love when he's thinking about answering a question he slowly repeats it back and just turns his head to the side with a slight smile on his face as he contemplates, that was frankly adorable. ALSO while he's answering an interview question his left eyebrow starts to quirk up ever so slightly, as if on its own accord. I was transfixed on that eyebrow for most of his answer that I forget what the question was. LoL.

Anyway--just wanted to pop in and say hi--and glad that I can share my Lorne/Kavan obsession with others!!!
      Originally posted by camelot7414 View Post
      Welcome to the madness Silversi!!
      **Echoes Cam** But it is a pleasant sort of madness, is it not?
      sigpic
      Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
      Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

*waves* Hi and welcome Silversi!
        sigpic
        KavanSmithFans.com
        Live a life less ordinary ... Live a life extraordinary with me ...

Comment

Welcome silversi This is the place to be to talk Kavan and Lorne ... we've got lots of awesome Kavan/Lorne pics to inspire you to art, fanfic, fan vids. Probably lots of great stuff from way back too, although you'll have to dig through quite a few pages to find it. Mmm, we could help you out by recapping our own stuff. I'll start but hopefully others will do the same ..

Here's a vid I did a really long time ago (when I was new to making vids and now look at it and see all the problems I'd fix!). I'm ShaViva3 on youtube and there are a few other Lorne centred vids I've made posted there. There are probably way better ones someone here could link you to

Not sure if you're interested in fanfiction but if so I have LOTS of Lorne stories here. Again I'm sure lots of people here could link you to some awesome stories.

Lastly, art ... I have loads of Lorne and Kavan art - mostly signatures and a few wallpapers. Lorne here ... Kavan here ... please feel free to snurch anything you like of mine. I can resize wallpapers pretty easily too. I see you've already found us over on the Team Flyboy thread (sweet!) - lots of great Lorne stuff getting posted over there. I'm repeating myself but I know there is plenty of great Lorne/Kavan art our fellow Kavan/Lorne thunkers could link you to.

Something I was going to post today anyway, in honour of our second Flyboy Day ...

Last edited by ShaViva; 22 September 2012, 11:14 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Nice work ShaViva!
            sigpic
            KavanSmithFans.com
            Live a life less ordinary ... Live a life extraordinary with me ...

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome, everybody! I'm LOVING it here!!!

ShaViva -- LOVE the art!!! Especially the second one with his eyes--so lovely! And I remember watching that video a few months ago!!! Kudos!! It really made me smile! I have some fanvids on youtube as well--same username--but they're older, so no Lorne ones yet. I have a Ronon one and Carson one from SGA, and a Daniel one and a team one of SG1 amongst a ton of other random non SG related content. I'll have to search out your vids! I love fanvids!!

And also...yay fanfic!! I do like fanfic, I don't seem to ever have much time to read it, but I do so love it. Thanks for all the links, I highly appreciate it! This is such a fun place to hang out! Everyone is so warm and friendly! Love it!!!
              "I'm afraid the only bandaids we have are Ninja Turtles...that's the last time I let Colonel Sheppard help me with my medical supply list!!"

Comment

Sha does fabulous vids. When you've got time, bunches of us write fan fic (I usually do my reading in the morning while I'm drying my hair at the laptop--). My latest story is the link in my siggie, In the Blood, which is also being uploaded to AO3. If you write, you're welcome to join us for some writing sprints at the Fanfic Writer's Sprinting Station. Everywhere but LiveJournal, I'm Whytewytch (at LJ I had to be Whytewytch4). See you around!

(Oh, and I love your user name--silver is my favorite metal and metallic color!)
                sigpic
                Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
                Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

I see we have a newbie amongst us. Welcome to the Fun House! We have drool buckets over by the counter for you if you need one!
                  sigpic myLornefanfic

Comment

Thanks for the invite Whytewytch! I'll have to check it out! I do love fanfiction! I like to write too, but my muses are fairly sporadic when they decide to hit! I'll relish in reading though!

Haha, thanks SciFiSGFan!! I *do* need a drool bucket every morning when I see all of the DELISH pics here! Love it!!

So I just watched this movie that was on the Hallmark Movie Channel called 'Growing the Big One', I had searched on my dvr for 'kavan smith' and was surprised when I saw his name come up for this movie...just finished watching it, and I'm in love with this movie!!!! He was so crazy adorable through the entire thing! And he had such great chemistry with the lead actress!! I'm gonna have to buy this movie, it was just great! Have you guys seen it?? When I first saw his hair, after being used to Lorne's short hair, I wasn't quite sure if I'd like it on him...but you know...I think he can make any hair style work, b/c it took like 30 seconds for me to get used to it, then I loved it. There were so many sarcastic Lorne moments in this movie, I found myself laughing out loud so much. Makes me want to go and watch it all over again! Ha, not deleting this one off the dvr until I have a dvd copy!

I love being able to swoon about him here with people that get it!

Kavan.jpg

Comment

Might I recommend Amazon? There's also the Hallmark Channel Shop and Nici runs his fan site, where you can get a complete listing of his appearances as well as some great photos and screen caps.
                      sigpic

Comment

You read my mind! Straight after posting here, I found it on Amazon and ordered it straight away!

Ooooh, sweet! Will check out Nici's site! Thanks!! I love it here!

Comment

I also have Red: Werewolf Hunter, Eve's Christmas (where he plays a small role, luckily, as he made or had made for him, an unfortunate hair color choice ), Metal Shifters, Nightmare at the End of the Street, The Killing Game, A Date with Darkness, and an Outer Limits Collection with Caught in the Act on it (was supposed to have Flower Child, too, but does not ). My Kavan Kollection is slowly but surely filling in.

blonde.jpg

Duh! And I have some of the Eurekas, too!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
                            I also have Red: Werewolf Hunter, Eve's Christmas (where he plays a small role, luckily, as he made or had made for him, an unfortunate hair color choice ), Metal Shifters, Nightmare at the End of the Street, The Killing Game, A Date with Darkness, and an Outer Limits Collection with Caught in the Act on it (was supposed to have Flower Child, too, but does not ). My Kavan Kollection is slowly but surely filling in.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35673[/ATTACH]

Duh! And I have some of the Eurekas, too!
                            Sounds like my list WW. I've also got the seasons of 4400 that he was in, his Smallville ep and Titanic, along with a bunch of avi files of a lot of his other stuff.
                            sigpic

Comment

WOW! NICE collection! That's awesome! I've been using Netflix to watch 'Eureka', but I'm only on season 2--I know he doesn't show up until season 4, but that spurred me into action watching that show! And I also saw 'Red' via my dvr. I liked Kavan in it...but I wasn't too big of a fan of the movie--but I'm not overly into werewolves, so that could be the reason why! LoL! It's fun to be able to use the search function on my dvr to find stuff that he's in (I have his name saved as a 'favorite' search, and just randomly check to see if anything's been added) Searching by his name on Netflix doesn't yield very much, unfortunately. I do feel I've hit the jackpot when I find something new that I like though! 'Growing the big one' is definitely one!
                              Last edited by Silversi; 29 September 2012, 01:47 PM. Reason: replaced wrong word with correct word

Comment

Sometimes you can find some of his older stuff on Ebay. Typically fairly cheap.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X