Major Lorne/Kavan Smith Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FlyBoyFanGirl View Post
    They really need to show Andy with Sarah more.
    http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/s...heAirAndy2.jpg
    Spoiler:
    I think the original plan, had the show continued, was to put Sara into the body of a pretty little human-form. I vaguely remember reading that somewhere...

For some reason, I can't get it to unattach attached photos, so enjoy the two-fer!
    Attached Files
    sigpic
    Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
    Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Kavan said he was trying to go to DragonCon, but he said he had contacted someone (my guess Julie Caitlen Brown) asking her to keep him in mind when she goes to DragonCon. I've also heard, that she wasn't taking many this year as she lost money last year, so it doesn't sound promising.

I would prefer he go on his own as:

1. It's usually cheaper
      2. no combo pics with Kavan and Colin
      3. Less interaction as JCB doesn't typically let you in the room unless you're buying something, unlike the main Walk of Fame room where if they don't have a line, you can talk to the guests as long as they are there.

Still it's better than nothing so hopefully she will come through (assuming it's JCB).
      sigpic

Comment

fuu... if ever there was a year i should go to D*C..... *sigh* stupid nascar races and soccer tournies and family reunions and wedding parties .-. the one thing i hate about working at a hotel.... labor day weekend is the bussiest weekend of the year... if anyone's coming let me know... even if i don't make it up to the Con, i'd still like to set up a M&G ^^
        I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
        sigpic

Comment

Lilith, at first I thought all those events were ones YOU were attending. I know what you mean, though. I used to work as a waitress and getting week-ends, particularly holiday week-ends, off was near to impossible. And the ONLY day we were closed was Christmas (which I'm sure you're open). My in-laws work at Disney and if the holiday falls on one of their working days--oh, well. They've had to work Christmasses, Thanksgivings, Easters, etc. for years now.

sigpic
          Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
          Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

i don't mind working the holidays... i mean hey! time and a half! and the holidays around here are pretty tame, but labor day weekend is just atrocious.... our property is near the race track and we get a lot of vendors b/c of this... they like to check in really early.... this year our VP doesn't want anyone not affiliated with the races, so hopefully that means no screaming kids... there's a 12-14 yr old soccer tournie that weekend and in the past we've hosted a few teams.... and then this year, we've had one family reunion and atleast two wedding parties try to book for that weekend
            I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
            sigpic

Comment

From Saturday's panel. I am really happy with how my photos came out considering the amount of complaints I've heard about the lighting...

Kassandra

I'm a 60%'er
              sigpic

Comment

It is a beautiful pic, mackenziesmomma!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bailey1ak View Post
                  It is a beautiful pic, mackenziesmomma!
                  Thanks. I really just kind of sat back and enjoyed more than photographed this year even though I was getting good photos (despite the lighting conditions). I only took 89 of Kavan surprisingly (as opposed to upwards of 300-400 in the past at cons)
                  Kassandra

I'm a 60%'er
                  sigpic

Comment

I had heard the lighting was bad so it seems you had a great camera and seat for these... and enjoying it with only 89 photos sounds like fun just the same.
                    sigpic

Comment

I had heard the lighting was bad so it seems you had a great camera and seat for these... and enjoying it with only 89 photos sounds like fun just the same.
                      Yeah a very lovely friend was kind enough to loan me her seat up in Row F for the panel. Though I was getting just as good of shots from my regular seat in the back (I'll stick one under spoiler tag for comparison, though its of David H, not Kavan). I <3 my camera very very much (He is just one step below a DSLR but is still point and shoot).

Photo from my other seat:
                      Spoiler:
                      Kassandra

I'm a 60%'er
                      sigpic

Comment

That is a great pic too Looks like you had a great time!
                        sigpic

Comment

That is a great pic too Looks like you had a great time!
                          Had an absolute blast for the most part. Though I'm really sad this will be my last one unless I can scrounge up money for Chicago...
                          Kassandra

I'm a 60%'er
                          sigpic

Comment

Chicago is the one that I'm impatiently waiting for.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mackenziesmomma View Post
                              From Saturday's panel. I am really happy with how my photos came out considering the amount of complaints I've heard about the lighting...

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/k...arkedKavan.jpg
                              Great photo! Thanks for sharing
                              Last edited by Rosehawk; 03 May 2012, 06:43 PM. Reason: Remove IMG tags
                              sigpic
                              KavanSmithFans.com
                              Live a life less ordinary ... Live a life extraordinary with me ...

Comment

Originally posted by Nici View Post
                                Great photo! Thanks for sharing
                                You're very welcome.

Oh! I have a bunch for Kavansmithfans.com if you want them. Hit me an email (username @ gmail) and I'll send you the link to the google doc I'm using to store them (most are in glorious 4000x3000 resolution)
                                Kassandra

I'm a 60%'er
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X