No announcement yet.

Major Lorne/Kavan Smith Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, that's the same info I found. But I wasn't confident that it was right, so I went with the studio instead. Maybe Kavan will tell me when he writes back.

Comment

Is the hotness in this week's episode of SGA?

Comment

We don't know. But in the mean time I found this fic that has a Lorne part in it. It's really a Shep and McKay piece but our boy plays an interesting part. Just thought I'd post it. Enjoy.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2540127/1/
        Last edited by GatetheWay; 19 August 2005, 11:51 AM.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
        Spoiler:

Comment

ATTENTION LORNELOVERS!

On Tuesday 8/23 is an Atlantis marathon of all the eps thus far this season! That means Mr. Hottie McLorne will be on!

Comment

I got carried away doing icons today. I managed to make four (well three really) of the lovely major. Want, take, have.

Comment

I love the last one. Do you mind if I use it in my sig?

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
                I got carried away doing icons today. I managed to make four (well three really) of the lovely major. Want, take, have.
                Nice job! I like them. Thanks for sharing Blue!

Comment

Very nice! My icons never turn out half as good!

Comment

Oh.

My.

GOD.

I just got through watching the pilot for Time Tunnel. It never actually aired, but I snagged a copy off ebay and Oh. My. GOD. What psychotically asinine network failed to pick this up?! This pilot ROCKED. And Kavan was all OVER it. Ye gods, the boy can ACT HIS ASS OFF. I mean, I knew he was good, of course, but WOW. He was main character throughout. He was smart and funny and had heaps of dialogue so I could hear his lovely, lovely voice... He smiled a lot, he got to kick some ass, and he played an all-around awesome character. I LOVED him. He was FANTASTIC.

You knew you were in for something odd when, in the opening sequence, it shows traffic stopped at a green light and going at a red and on the radio the sports guy is talking about the Boston Yankees.

Basic premise: The Dept. of Energy built a hot fusion device which worked except for the minor hiccup of unleashing a massive, cataclysmic time storm which is raging through the past creating havoc and making countless changes- some big, some little.

Flynn (played by our hero, Kavan) is the leader of a team which goes back in time to try and fix the anomalies caused by the storm. In the pilot, he brings his friend Phillips on board so they can go back and rescue someone from the 1500's who was dumped in the middle of a battle in WWII.

I loved everything about this ep except for the fate of the boy from the 1500's and the fate of Flynn. *sigh* Unfortunately, as kickass as Flynn was, he was also the stereotypical Sacrificial Leader, He Who Must Die So That the Wide-Eyed Rookie Has a Reason to Take His Place.

Still, there's always the chance that the storm could drop them in a time that would allow them to save Flynn. Not a very LIKELY chance, but you never know... *sniffle* That's my dream and I'm sticking to it.

And did I mention how awesome this pilot was?? If they had actually aired this puppy, I would have been HOOKED. Even overlooking Flynn's untimely (ha) demise, the whole premise and execution of this show was great. I can't believe those rat b***ards killed this thing before it even aired. It should at LEAST have gotten six episodes to a full season before getting canned!

I need to find out how to screencap this puppy.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                      Oh.

My.

GOD.

I just got through watching the pilot for Time Tunnel. It never actually aired, but I snagged a copy off ebay and Oh. My. GOD. What psychotically asinine network failed to pick this up?! This pilot ROCKED. And Kavan was all OVER it. Ye gods, the boy can ACT HIS ASS OFF. I mean, I knew he was good, of course, but WOW. He was main character throughout. He was smart and funny and had heaps of dialogue so I could hear his lovely, lovely voice... He smiled a lot, he got to kick some ass, and he played an all-around awesome character. I LOVED him. He was FANTASTIC.

Oh please oh please oh please! I'm so jealous! Hopefully screen caps can be found!

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay
                        I love the last one. Do you mind if I use it in my sig?
                        Go for it. The boy deserves to be plastered all over gateworld.

Hmmm... Time Tunnel.... might have to grab a copy.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                          Flynn (played by our hero, Kavan) is the leader of a team which goes back in time to try and fix the anomalies caused by the storm. In the pilot, he brings his friend Phillips on board so they can go back and rescue someone from the 1500's who was dumped in the middle of a battle in WWII.
                          ooo, time travel, I like it!

Comment

Funny. I went on IMDb to check out this 'Time Tunnel' and there was a review that went...
                            excellent, for a pilot. the characters are as fleshed out as they can be in 50 or so minutes, while still having time to explain the concept for the tunnel itself, which looks great. i found myself looking for lee meriwether or james darren in the background someplace. this is a superior reworking of the original 60's "time tunnel", except the characters return after completing each mission. the concept, a fix-the-errors-in-time-that-not-everyone-remembers scenario is somewhat more interesting than the original guys-bouncing-around-aimlessly plots that were used originally. i guess i can see why this probably wasn't picked up as a series. it would have been too closely compared to "stargate", which was a ripoff of sorts of the original. i still wish someone would start a network that shows nothing but unaired pilots. some of them are fascinating.
                            Kinda ironic isn't it?

Spoiler:

Comment

Damn, the only copy I could find of the pilot on ebay was the one where it's packaged with the 1966 series.

Comment

Damn, the only copy I could find of the pilot on ebay was the one where it's packaged with the 1966 series.
                                Yeah, lots of the 1966 series.

Comment

Working...
                                X