No announcement yet.

Major Lorne/Kavan Smith Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He just gave me another reason to watch next week... not that I wouldn't anway but it's still a good reason.

Love the Lorne | The F.O.R.D shall rule the earth.... | Fly boys do it in the air
    Quirk - The Paul McGillion fanlisting | Grace - The Rachel Luttrell fanlisting

Comment

Sorry off topic, but in that pic the lady looks HILARIOUS!!!
      I'm sure i know that lady nad i'm sure i no the black dude too in another Condemned photo. Could just be that they've appeared on SG1 before.

Anywhos....from the photos i'd say he was same height/slightly shorter than TH. Not that size matters

Comment

Okay. . I admit I like the guy. But I can't find myself getting too attached as I still hurt from Grodin and Bates.

I'm gonna keep an eye on him (as he is back in at least two more episodes, I believe), but I don't trust TPTB. . .yet anyway.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
          Anywhos....from the photos i'd say he was same height/slightly shorter than TH. Not that size matters
          I dunno, I think the impot- er, importance of size depends on the context.

As for not trusting TPTB... I don't trust them either, but I'm not going to let that stop me from, um, appreciating Lorne while I can. I'm not gonna let it interfere with my general enjoyment of the show, either, even when I think they're fracking something up.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
            Okay. . I admit I like the guy. But I can't find myself getting too attached as I still hurt from Grodin and Bates.
            Aw, yes. I'm sad over Bates. I think his "injuries" are a lame ass excuse from tptb that there can't be two people in Atlantis who question Shep and Weir's authority. I loved Kavannaugh but we haven't seen him since LfP. But that's just me.

Okay, back to Lorne. Gotta love the guy.

Love the Lorne | The F.O.R.D shall rule the earth.... | Fly boys do it in the air

Comment

Originally posted by coolove
              Okay, back to Lorne. Gotta love the guy.
              Indeed - I can't wait for "Duets" only because I really love David (not to mention Paul!) And now with news that a certain Major will appear? I'm in heaven!

Comment

If Major Lorne came over on the D (which he had to of done because he would of been the same rank as Sheppard in season 1 therefore Shep would not of been the only ranking military officer) why is he not wearing that uniform of urban cameo and maroon berret but the usual Atlantis military uniform? I thought all the newbies wore the former or am I wrong about that?

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay
                  If Major Lorne came over on the D (which he had to of done because he would of been the same rank as Sheppard in season 1 therefore Shep would not of been the only ranking military officer) why is he not wearing that uniform of urban cameo and maroon berret but the usual Atlantis military uniform? I thought all the newbies wore the former or am I wrong about that?
                  Arg. The military uniforms just give me a headache on the show. And I think you're correct on the major Lorne coming on the D. If Lorne came on the initial expedition, I'm pretty sure he would have been second-in-command considering he's had years of experience in the program compared to Shep who was only introduced to the concept of it all in the series premiere (let's forget the fact that Joe is the show's lead ). Somehow, I don't think Shep would have been second then the lead military officer because he has the ancient gene.

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay
                    Maybe because he has a better sense of taste and a little more common sense?

Or maybe people dressed in the silly hats signify "Caldwell's men" and people dressed in Atlantis gear signify "Sheppard's men". I sense a Bloods and Crips standoff in the making.... Or Jets and Sharks, complete with a nifty musical number.

Either way it's good to know Lorne is fighting for the right team.

Comment

What SG Team was he on?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                        Maybe because he has a better sense of taste and a little more common sense?

Or maybe people dressed in the silly hats signify "Caldwell's men" and people dressed in Atlantis gear signify "Sheppard's men". I sense a Bloods and Crips standoff in the making.... Or Jets and Sharks, complete with a nifty musical number.

Either way it's good to know Lorne is fighting for the right team.
                        You make a good point Shadow! Lorne obviously was intended to stay in Atlantis when he came on the D therefore receiving the Atlantis spiffy uniform and those who are on the D crew have the "regular" uniforms.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
                          What SG Team was he on?
                          I don't know but Joe Mallozzi made a funny joke about that on his thread. He said they were changing the name of the SGA teams to put the number at the begining ie...First Atlantis Reconaissance Team or F.A.R.T. for short! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
                            What SG Team was he on?
                            Yay! Lorne has an Omnipedia entry

Major in the U.S. Air Force, assigned as executive officer to Colonel Edwards at the naquadah dig site on P3X-403.

Comment

Wow, that is cool!

Comment

Lorne probably got tried of mining and Unas therefore decided to pack up and go the Atlantis. Who could blame him.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X