No announcement yet.

Major Lorne/Kavan Smith Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, that's what makes life as a commuter so exciting, SG! If you remember that lovely line that Kavan has in the One Small Step eppie of Eureka - you get up in the morning, and never know where the day will take you.

In my case, it's usually because a trainline has a problem on it, which means taking an alternative route. And, of course, I don't find out about such problems until I'm at the station, at which time I find somewhere to sit, and bring out the Pod.

When we snow recently, I had a lovely, magical mystery tour around Surrey. Again, as long as i have my Pod, or some nice scenery to look at, I don't mind. And my bosses at work are really good too, they know how far I have to travel, so will always make allowances for when the trains are playing up.

Cate
    sigpic

...with thanks to the wonderful Bay...

Comment

I have to admit -- I've missed several of Kavan's Eureka eps.... I think the night it came on we always had plans and I just assumed it would be on reruns at some point in time. Guess not. I might have to break down and buy the dvds. Just have to know what seasons he was on.
      sigpic myLornefanfic

Comment

Oh, for just Kavan's series alone, SG, it's definitely worth getting the DVDs! He has some classic eppies, combining laugh out loud comedy to real, choccie-and-tissues drama.

If you just want Kavan's series, you'll need to get seasons four and five. Rather like Atlantis, there are some episodes where he only appears for a few minutes, but when he does - awww, he steals the show!

The lovely thing is that both Jamie Paglia, and Colin Ferguson, have had only the best things to say about him, which I think speaks volumes for how much they think of him.

Cate
        sigpic

Comment

Thanx Cate. Amazon has always been a good friend of mine! Looks like it will be again.
          sigpic myLornefanfic

Comment

I just looked on Amazon -- there is a season 4.0 and 4.5. Which do I need to get - or do I need both of them? Why did they make one a half season - that is weird.
            sigpic myLornefanfic

Comment

Oh, mine too, SG! Luckily, I have a multi region DVD player, and a PAL/NTSC format VCR, which means I've managed to get an awful lot of Kavan's stuff that I wouldn't be able to play on the UK format alone.

Cate
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SciFiSGFan View Post
                I just looked on Amazon -- there is a season 4.0 and 4.5. Which do I need to get - or do I need both of them? Why did they make one a half season - that is weird.

Well, Kavan's first appearance/episode, The Story Of O2, is the fourth episode of the fourth season, and he appears in several episodes right to the end of the season, so you'll need to get both sets. As to why they released them in two halves - not a clue! These DVD companies move in mysterious ways!!

Oh, and if you can, you've got to get seaon five too! Luckily, that's a single release, but if you're going to watch all of season four, you're going to want season five too! Trust me, it is brilliant!!

Cate
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks Cate -- all three are on my Wish List... now to crunch some finance numbers!!
                  sigpic myLornefanfic

Comment

Yes, that's the only downside on being such a devoted fangirl - finding the cash to buy all these goodies! I'm hoping to get a second hand Kindle this weekend, so I can read the new Legacy books on the way to work.

Speaking of which, it's another early start tomorrow (04:30, oh lucky me!!), so I'm heading for bed. Good luck with the DVDs, and have a great day!

See you tomorrow!!

Cate
                    sigpic

Comment

Nite Cate........ sweet dreams!

sigpic myLornefanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Cate'sCorner View Post
                        Oh, for just Kavan's series alone, SG, it's definitely worth getting the DVDs! He has some classic eppies, combining laugh out loud comedy to real, choccie-and-tissues drama.

If you just want Kavan's series, you'll need to get seasons four and five. Rather like Atlantis, there are some episodes where he only appears for a few minutes, but when he does - awww, he steals the show!

The lovely thing is that both Jamie Paglia, and Colin Ferguson, have had only the best things to say about him, which I think speaks volumes for how much they think of him.

Cate
                        Totally agree with Cate. I love Andy; sometimes more than Lorne It's worth getting the dvd's too for the extras.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cate'sCorner View Post
                          Well, Kavan's first appearance/episode, The Story Of O2, is the fourth episode of the fourth season, and he appears in several episodes right to the end of the season, so you'll need to get both sets. As to why they released them in two halves - not a clue! These DVD companies move in mysterious ways!!

Oh, and if you can, you've got to get seaon five too! Luckily, that's a single release, but if you're going to watch all of season four, you're going to want season five too! Trust me, it is brilliant!!

Cate
                          One reason for why they split it $$$$$$. They could charge twice as much for season 4. Besides the two "half" seasons came out so far apart that it could have been an attempt to cash in on the popularity and not have to wait another year to get it all out at once. They did the same for other seasons.

Spoiler:
                          SG, I can add Kavan's eps to the list if you want
                          sigpic

Comment

That would be great, Cam!!! If you have time! Thank you.
                            sigpic myLornefanfic

Comment

OK, I just watched "Strip the City" that I had recorded on my parents' DVR. In the version they are showing in the states, they've replaced Kavan as the narrator
                              sigpic

Comment

They've WHAT?!?!? As if I'm not miserable enough already with a tooth infection, that's made me a little bit mad

Cate
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X