Major Lorne/Kavan Smith Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teal'c_PI View Post
    Well, I personally would've much rather had a tag that read Adrian Lorne. But that's just me
    Okay, Adrian - that just creeps me out a bit. All I can think of is Adrian Monk. And while I love that show (helps Tony Shalhoub is from GB) somehow I just cant see Kavan as that kind of character. Sorry...

Ugh, polyester. Blech. Like that helps
    I do what I can!!!

(No, it's okay, it's not a dumb question at all Damian Kindler is the guy in my signature. He wrote some absolutely great episodes for SG-1. Right now he's working on Sanctuary--actually, he created the show! But I'm an aspiring writer and, after realizing that most of the episodes he wrote for SG-1 were favorites of mine, I really admire him. It also helps that he's not bad-looking )
    Okay, not bad looking, although the facial hair - reminds me of one of my least favorite people at the moment...

So have you written anything?? Or did I ask you that once?
    sigpic myLornefanfic

Comment

Originally posted by SciFiSGFan View Post
      Okay, Adrian - that just creeps me out a bit. All I can think of is Adrian Monk. And while I love that show (helps Tony Shalhoub is from GB) somehow I just cant see Kavan as that kind of character. Sorry...
      Oh, that's okay. Not like TPTB are going to change it anyway. I actually started watching Monk after I named him that, so I think of Lorne every time I hear someone call Monk by his first name My first idea was to call him Andrew Lorne, but then a friend of mine suggested Adrian and it just worked for me. After all...it means 'dark one'

I do what I can!!!
      And it worked, trust me

Okay, not bad looking, although the facial hair - reminds me of one of my least favorite people at the moment...

So have you written anything?? Or did I ask you that once?
      Well, as afore-mentioned friend would say, "He's not like a leading man or anything." He actually didn't have a beard back in his SG-1 days, though. If this isn't too off-topic, take a look here. Maybe that'll be more to your liking

As for writing, I don't think you asked me yet! I've done some fan fiction, mostly about SGA and Lorne of course, although I wrote some SG-1 stuff too. Worked on a fantasy novel for a while, but that was before Damian got me interested in screenwriting. Now I'm attempting to screenwrite a bit, and it's actually easier than writing story-style fiction, believe it or not What about you?
      sigpic
      ~the guitarists~

Comment

Oh, that's okay. Not like TPTB are going to change it anyway. I actually started watching Monk after I named him that, so I think of Lorne every time I hear someone call Monk by his first name My first idea was to call him Andrew Lorne, but then a friend of mine suggested Adrian and it just worked for me. After all...it means 'dark one'

And it worked, trust me

Well, as afore-mentioned friend would say, "He's not like a leading man or anything." He actually didn't have a beard back in his SG-1 days, though. If this isn't too off-topic, take a look here. Maybe that'll be more to your liking

As for writing, I don't think you asked me yet! I've done some fan fiction, mostly about SGA and Lorne of course, although I wrote some SG-1 stuff too. Worked on a fantasy novel for a while, but that was before Damian got me interested in screenwriting. Now I'm attempting to screenwrite a bit, and it's actually easier than writing story-style fiction, believe it or not What about you?
        Not bad --- kinda cute -- I like the little stargate thing on his desk.

Good luck with the screenwriting. Dont think I'm that patient. I might have to check out your stories. It scares me a bit to read other peoples stuff when I'm trying to do my own - I dont want to steal anything.. even unintentionally. As for me-- yes, if you look below my sig/pic - links to the 2 things I have put on fanfic. One is a short (realllly short) story, the other is (currently) a 7-chapter mini-story. I have 6 more chapters done and want to make a 7th, so when I ever finish ch 2 I will put them up, minus ch 6 till 7 is done. Oh and I have another short story almost done. oh yes - mine are Lorne-related.
        sigpic myLornefanfic

Comment

Not bad --- kinda cute -- I like the little stargate thing on his desk.

Good luck with the screenwriting. Dont think I'm that patient. I might have to check out your stories. It scares me a bit to read other peoples stuff when I'm trying to do my own - I dont want to steal anything.. even unintentionally. As for me-- yes, if you look below my sig/pic - links to the 2 things I have put on fanfic. One is a short (realllly short) story, the other is (currently) a 7-chapter mini-story. I have 6 more chapters done and want to make a 7th, so when I ever finish ch 2 I will put them up, minus ch 6 till 7 is done. Oh and I have another short story almost done. oh yes - mine are Lorne-related.
          Yeah, I wanted to get that little Stargate when I first saw it

Thanks! I'm afraid I don't have any of my stories up anywhere. I wouldn't mind putting up my fan fiction, but when it comes to the novel and the screenwriting I mentioned, I don't think I will. (I'm a bit protective and I take it seriously, and plus you never know whether someone'll come along and decide to claim it as their own.)

Actually, I forgot to mention those links of yours I took a look at the stories the other day and man, are they detailed! Nice work The tiny short story is really quite interesting, and the longer one is...well, it's a bit like what I had planned for my Lorne. I guess the only difference is that you put everything into one story, while I (tried to) spread things out across the course of several episodes. (Plus my OC is military, so that's a BIG problem ) But you did a great job on both of them. I think if you work at it, you could probably come up with some novels. Maybe the SGA novel people are looking for more Lorne stories

Well, bedtime is coming semi-early, so I'll bid you good night!

sigpic
          ~the guitarists~

Comment

sigpic
            Thanks to Jumble for the icon and siggy.
            My ff.net My Own Website

Comment

Originally posted by mackenziesmomma View Post
              You know Queen- I think you're about the only person who could give me a run for my money if we were to have a cap off
              I think we have another new member of Cappers Anonymous you know... she's over in the Pet Shop (Jared Padalecki thunk thread)... she has real potentional. I realise now that holding back has no merits whatsoever... I was capping a Spn ep the other day.... after much weeding I was left with 84 caps from a 15 minute period. Which is good.... I originally had 200!!

You both cap "most excellently"!!!
              Aww why thank you!

Nice pics! I didn't even know there were any to be had in The Ark, since he's always in that hazmat suit

Hmm. I suddenly feel compelled to join in with pictures...let's see. A little 4400 never hurt anyone!

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/v...pedresized.jpg

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/v...pedresized.jpg
              There's always something to thunk... even helmet hair in this ep!

Great pics!

Originally posted by Stargate78fan View Post
              http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b388/Gomeroi/Kavan%20promos/KavanSmithOct.jpg
              Blimey, that's a wake up call! Lovely!!

Some more from The Ark?

*leaves with a smile on her face*

sigpic

Comment

eep.. that page that shall not be mentioned save
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CKO View Post
                  eep.. that page that shall not be mentioned save
                  Now, what's wrong with the yellow pages?!

Yeah I know, not my best work but my brain is still asleep. May need to go outside with these 70 degree temps to try and wake it up!

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantean2005 View Post
                    Now, what's wrong with the yellow pages?!
                    LMAO, good catch... very good!!

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Hey Atlantean! Hey Queen! Did I catch either of you!??!
                        sigpic myLornefanfic

Comment

guh *slurps*
                          sigpic

Comment

Hey Sci! Been awhile! But.. totally my fault!

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantean2005 View Post
                              Hey Sci! Been awhile! But.. totally my fault!

Yup, 'cause it wasnt my fault!! Hmmm, you said 70's huh... Mind sharing a little?!
                              sigpic myLornefanfic

Comment

Yup, 'cause it wasnt my fault!! Hmmm, you said 70's huh... Mind sharing a little?!
                                Yep.. 70s.. almost into at the 80 degree mark... If I COULD share I would... but unfortunately, my weather machine is kinda busted at the moment....

Comment

Working...
                                X