No announcement yet.

Major Lorne/Kavan Smith Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ohhh, watching a new show that I think Kavan would have been great it -- White Collar -- it's on USA. I can see him as Neil Caffrey, a con-man.
    sigpic myLornefanfic

Comment

Just a flyby picspam from me tonight Enjoy LorneLovers!

Comment

Okay so I found some more info on Kavan's upcoming project "Growing the Big One" I was able to find the following about it:

Original Writer's blog

From The Film Catalogue:
        Emma's a successful radio DJ in Seattle with a career on the rise. When her Grandfather dies she is called back to the small town she grew up in, bringing back long hidden memories from her childhood and uncovering long standing debts accrued by her grandfather. Desperate for a way to pay back these loans, Emma comes upon a bag of her grandfather's prize pumpkin seeds and so is planted an idea in her head which could save the farm, with a little help from her new friends and gorgeous neighbour. Emma enters the local pumpkin growing competition! Suddenly uber-chic Emma finds herself up to her waist in manure, going on late night spying missions to rival farms and playing poker with the quirky local characters. And she loves it! But can the charms of the country really compete with her celebrated life in the city? A quirky, funny and feel good comedy drama.

Oh and from what I can gather it looks like it is a Hallmark movie, that is being slated for release NEXT October (2010).
        Kassandra

I'm a 60%'er
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mackenziesmomma View Post
          Okay so I found some more info on Kavan's upcoming project "Growing the Big One" I was able to find the following about it:

Original Writer's blog

From The Film Catalogue:

Oh and from what I can gather it looks like it is a Hallmark movie, that is being slated for release NEXT October (2010).
          Cool find, Mac.

Can we hope for Kavan to be the "gorgeous neighbour"?
          sigpic
          I'm a 60%er. - Kethry's fanfiction

Comment

Originally posted by RowenaR View Post
            Oh, not rewriting anything isn't good, either. But part of being an author is being able to see when the rewriting is done and simply letting go. It's like sculpting. There always comes a point when you should stop chiping away stuff because chip away that teeny tiny bit too much... and the whole sculpture is ruined just because you couldn't stop
            Hate to disappoint you, Row, but I know a few published writers and they all say that re-writing never stops. Even after you're published you apparently can't read your book without re-writing parts because you suddenly notice how this or that could have been phrased better.

I think, though, that there comes a point when you simply have to stop because you have to admit it won't be the great masterpiece of the century no matter what you do. So you let it go even though you know it could have been better.

Fine, thank you. Had a bit of RL trouble lately (which will continue for a while but hopefully not as bad) but I hope I'll get it sorted out. How are you?
            More or less okay, thanks. Some things just don't go away without a fight. Hope your troubles will get sorted out soon.

The amazing Jaime Ray Newman?

Not sure about that, but at least I had no trouble recognizing her or Rebecca, who looks gorgeous in this show.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kethryveris View Post
              Cool find, Mac.

Can we hope for Kavan to be the "gorgeous neighbour"?
              Yeah I think that's what we're hoping for here. Though from the sounds of it there is a good possibility that

Spoiler:
              He won't die.

Which reminds me- funny story. Today I go to turn the TV on to find something for the little one to watch and it happens to be on some random station and I glance at the screen and realize that its Mission to Mars. The funny/odd part about it? It was just getting to the part where
              Spoiler:
              he dies.
              Kassandra

I'm a 60%'er
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cathain Nottingham View Post
                I think I will

Thanks for the SGU chats from Kethry, SciFi, Row, didn’t respond because SGU is sorta and I felt like getting on some doc!Lorne picspam
                *hugs* Hope you're okay and don't need Doc Lorne's professional services.

Drooling is okay, though.

I've seen her in some other things (Big Bang Theory, last season) and it just seems to me that her characters are always a little....different.
                Her characters (all two of them that I know ) always sound a little whiney to me, but maybe it's just me.

I'm just glad Kavan got to be the romantic lead, no matter who the girl was. We don't really have trouble blocking her out and replacing her, do we?

Yeah I do agree with you they were probably the same studio or something.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...anSmithJun.jpg

I was thinking that as well and if you'll notice the shirt looks very similar as well...
                We didn't look at them too closely, did we?

Originally posted by Elizabeth Bartlett View Post
                http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d147/LorneLovers/KavanSmithJul.jpg

This is one of my favorites as well
                *sighs* Did I mention sexy?

also, (on a slight related note) does the idea of Kavan speaking German make anyone turn slightly into goo?
                If Kavan would, I'd be over the top...but unfortunately some German voice-over actor does the dialogue. Nothing like Kavan's voice at all.
                sigpic

Comment

Yeah I think that's what we're hoping for here. Though from the sounds of it there is a good possibility that

Spoiler:
                  He won't die.

Which reminds me- funny story. Today I go to turn the TV on to find something for the little one to watch and it happens to be on some random station and I glance at the screen and realize that its Mission to Mars. The funny/odd part about it? It was just getting to the part where
                  Spoiler:
                  he dies.

He just has to stop doing that.

Let's keep our fingers crossed that Kavan will indeed be the romantic lead. He needs to be more than just "the guy who dies".

Btw, Mac, shouldn't you be in bed? Time difference-wise and all.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lissafoss View Post
                    http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c230/lissafoss/Lorne/ks1.jpg

Dimple alert! *drools*

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CKO View Post
                      yes the gutter is a great place to be... some of us never leave it *cackles*
                      Really?

Who'd have thought?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RowenaR View Post
                        If it's really his voice... (slight OT: Germans tend to find a French accent or an Austrian accent sexy, not necessarily an English accent... but then again that's a question of taste, of course)

*rotflmao*

Honey, I have no idea where you're getting this idea from, but there is actually no one, repeat no one, I know who finds an Austrian accent sexy. And French sounds funny, not sexy.
                        sigpic

Comment

Great one, Cath.

Worth repeating, since I can't get two things side by side on the netbook.

sigpic

Comment

Strangely, Gateworld forum has been behaving this morning...it wouldn't let me in yesterday.

Still, I need to do some work around the house.

I'll try to drop by again later. Have fun, everybody.
                            sigpic

Comment

And a lovely pic!spam it was!

Original Writer's blog

From The Film Catalogue:

Hmmm, sounds interesting.. but Oct 2010!!! Dont know if I can wait that long.. not that I'll have a choice. Guess I'll have to go back to watching SGA dvds and maybe Titanic.

Hate to disappoint you, Row, but I know a few published writers and they all say that re-writing never stops. Even after you're published you apparently can't read your book without re-writing parts because you suddenly notice how this or that could have been phrased better.

I think, though, that there comes a point when you simply have to stop because you have to admit it won't be the great masterpiece of the century no matter what you do. So you let it go even though you know it could have been better.
                              How true, kethry. I think I'm my own worst critic. It's hard to re-read stuff just to find typos sometimes. But I'm getting better.

Spoiler:
                              He won't die.

I sure hope your right.
                              sigpic myLornefanfic

Comment

Her characters (all two of them that I know ) always sound a little whiney to me, but maybe it's just me.
                                Yeah I have seen her in other things too and have yet to see a character of hers that I 'like' but it could just be the characters.

I'm just glad Kavan got to be the romantic lead, no matter who the girl was. We don't really have trouble blocking her out and replacing her, do we?
                                Most definitely good that he got to play a romantic lead it was nice seeing him *not* die for once

We didn't look at them too closely, did we?
                                Who me? Never.
                                Kassandra

I'm a 60%'er
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X