• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elizabeth Bartlett View Post
    http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c216/ecbartlett/sga/Blade/00gdf04x.jpg
    *sigh*

Originally posted by kethryveris View Post
    AAAAAAARRGH...GW just ate my reply to Queen's post...and it was such a nice, long one..... Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I wonder if I can remember what I wrote.

Kethry ... off to a second try.
    How rude!!! *kicks GW*

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by queen_hathor View Post

I'm totally with you there kethry. I don't really *notice* many blokes, and they usually grow on me, Kavan was one of them. It's hard not to notice his eyes - obviously - but I didn't really take much notice until 5 or 6m ago. Yes, I know, I'm a bad thunker!!

Ah, no, QH, you aren't. I noticed JF right away. Among other things, Sheppard was what kept me with SGA. I liked his irreverence, his dry sense of humor and the way he kept a sense of wonder despite/plus being one hell of a fighter.

The other things were Teyla, Elisabeth and Carson. I never liked Ford. Don't know why, but I was glad they lost him at the end of S1. Rodney I could barely tolerate in S1. He grew a little later, but I really started to like the character only after mid S3, I think when he lost a little of that arrogance.

Well, when SGA came around I'd lost some of my interest in SG1; they were getting way too political for my liking, too real. They lost the fun and adventure aspect. Some of it came back with Vala and Cam, but by then I was a firm SGA fan. They still had it all...fun, adventure and a true team spirit. No political and military machinations, no X-Files stuff. I was on board and the fact that Sheppard was hot didn't hurt, either.

Then I got hit by the Kavan-effect.

It was his voice mostly, and his smile. Well, the rest came after that and I must have been here for the same 5-6 months you have, QH

I really hope Kavan will get to become a regular in S2 of Sanctuary and maybe get a new show as well where he'll appear more often if not be the "star". Cop show anyone?

There, that was most of it, I think.

Kethry
      sigpic
      I'm a 60%er. - Kethry's fanfiction

Comment

Originally posted by queen_hathor View Post
        Absolutely intentional repost...

What is it about that pic that fascinates so?

The broad shoulders? The eyes?

I have no idea, but I could look at him all day.

Kethry
        sigpic

Comment

I really need to get me a rotating digital picture frame and load it with Kavan pics. All my favourites on rotation, Joe, Lorne, Fly, Alex...

Something to wake up to and fall asleep with.

Oh boy!

I think I'd better call it a day before I start drooling on the keyboard.

Night all.

Kethry
          sigpic

Comment

I could look at him all day.
            me too

It's Complicated Butterflies and Hurricanes

Comment

Ah, no, QH, you aren't. I noticed JF right away. Among other things, Sheppard was what kept me with SGA. I liked his irreverence, his dry sense of humor and the way he kept a sense of wonder despite/plus being one hell of a fighter.

The other things were Teyla, Elisabeth and Carson. I never liked Ford. Don't know why, but I was glad they lost him at the end of S1. Rodney I could barely tolerate in S1. He grew a little later, but I really started to like the character only after mid S3, I think when he lost a little of that arrogance.

Well, when SGA came around I'd lost some of my interest in SG1; they were getting way too political for my liking, too real. They lost the fun and adventure aspect. Some of it came back with Vala and Cam, but by then I was a firm SGA fan. They still had it all...fun, adventure and a true team spirit. No political and military machinations, no X-Files stuff. I was on board and the fact that Sheppard was hot didn't hurt, either.

Then I got hit by the Kavan-effect.

It was his voice mostly, and his smile. Well, the rest came after that and I must have been here for the same 5-6 months you have, QH

I really hope Kavan will get to become a regular in S2 of Sanctuary and maybe get a new show as well where he'll appear more often if not be the "star". Cop show anyone?

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/n...nap-1734-9.jpg

There, that was most of it, I think.

Kethry
              Blimey, I'd be p*ssed off if I'd lost all that too!! *huggles*

I'm sort of with you on JF - again, hard to *not* notice him straight away, but he never really did anything for me until Conversion, which of course happens to have our boy Evan in too!

The person I noticed immediately was Jason. I don't think I've ever had a reaction like that to anyone else... wrong thread so long story short, very hot food, jaw dropping, food spilling, scar to this day !!

I've always liked Lorne as a charcter, always, right from the off where he's having a go at Rodney about foregoing reproduction in Runner!! Now, of course I like Kavan too, and picking up on him late means he won't be a crush of the month type thing. It also took me 8 or 9 eps of Prison Break before I realised Wentworth Miller's stunning too!! Not that you'd know it from some of my cheeky comments, but my brain just doesn't really work that way. A person's a person, whether they're good looking doesn't really matter to me in general, but seeing as this is a thunk thread after all, it's what it's all about!

Absolutely intentional repost...

What is it about that pic that fascinates so?

The broad shoulders? The eyes?

I have no idea, but I could look at him all day.

Kethry
              The hair too. It's just everything!!!

I really need to get me a rotating digital picture frame and load it with Kavan pics. All my favourites on rotation, Joe, Lorne, Fly, Alex...

Oh boy!

Night all.

Kethry
              Haha, good idea!

I'm off too, night all *waves*

sigpic

Comment

Thanks, QH, Melfan, JPJ, and LizzieAnne for the congratulations!!

JPJ, I can't wait to get my own personnal Lorne/Kavan avatar!!

Lovely photos, Elephantgirl and thank you very much for sharing!!

Love your banners, Melfan.

I don't know if I could pick a top 5 fave Lorne eppies. Runner would be in there, and that's the ep I became a Lorne lover.

sigpic
                Thanks to Jumble for the icon and siggy.
                My ff.net My Own Website

Comment

I have a bunny rattling around my head (and I blame you Lizzie and the vid for it! ) as to what a 'King/Queen of Hearts' (charity) auction would be like on Atlantis. I think that the bids would be quite unique since they really don't have a use for money on the city!

Comment

I can so see you write Kavan's biography one day.

And since you mentioned it to me, I can't either.

Bad Mac....

Kethry
                    Now why would you see lil 'ole me writing his biography? *shines her angel halo*

I'm such a bad influence aren't I?

Originally posted by LizzieAnne View Post
                    Just been rummaging on You Tube and found this HERE
                    OK slightly OT as it's Paul McGillion at a 2007 con. But the thing is he auctioned off a kiss. Some one paid him $500+ dollars to make out with him (OK it was brief and tasteful ) So ....you know what I'm going to say next.. How much would you pay for a snog with Kavan? .. Really... how much?
                    Hmmm, I guess in a way it would depend what charity it went to. See for me I don't mind giving but,

*re-reads*

OH! wait kissing Kavan?

Uh, for him? I'd pay whatever I had to.

Oh boy!

Night all.

Kethry
                    I have something similar but its called my 'laptop'. I put one of my 'mixed' folders from my Kavan folder(it has sub-folders, some of which also have sub-folders) on as my screensaver, and have turned it into a twisted version of 'name that song'.

A picture appears on screen for 10 seconds and I have exactly that amount of time to name the episode AND the season/show. Sadly? I usually know it within about 2-3 seconds. (Mind you the file that I picked has over 200 photos in it).
                    Kassandra

I'm a 60%'er
                    sigpic

Comment

Comment

Woohoo! I love everyone’s Top 5 choices, makes me wanna go back and change mine And my we’ve been busy! Post milestones and everything! Do we need a party?

OK slightly OT as it's Paul McGillion at a 2007 con. But the thing is he auctioned off a kiss. Some one paid him $500+ dollars to make out with him (OK it was brief and tasteful ) So ....you know what I'm going to say next.. How much would you pay for a snog with Kavan? .. Really... how much?
                        Hmmm…honestly, I don’t think I would! Shocking I know. I’m just…yeah I don’t think I would *laughs* As it is (despite my age) I’ve never even been kissed! Besides like several other LorneLovers, I have like nothing in the bank after paying for classes and books for my final semester!

Comment

Originally posted by Cathain Nottingham View Post
                          Woohoo! I love everyone’s Top 5 choices, makes me wanna go back and change mine
                          It was so hard to pick just five that I was tempted to do a Top 10

random question; season two and onwards does Atlantis have two ZPMs or just one? I need to specify for my fanfic and I can't remember for the life of me

Comment

yes staring at him all day is a good plan *grins* and my bunnies are so very evil... *twacks em more.*
                            Spoiler:
                            they want the future section dealin with a story im writin for fun... oy ya very naughty bloody bunnies... course it is a multi series x-over too... SG1/Atlantis/BtVS/Torchwood/Highlander... yes im one of those who can manage to do multi series and make em work too... *giggles*
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth Bartlett View Post
                              I have a bunny rattling around my head (and I blame you Lizzie and the vid for it! ) as to what a 'King/Queen of Hearts' (charity) auction would be like on Atlantis. I think that the bids would be quite unique since they really don't have a use for money on the city!
                              Dammit, now I have that bunny, too... you don't happen to intend to share, do you?
                              I'm a 60%er.

I will always place the mission first.
                              I will never accept defeat.
                              I will never quit.
                              I will never leave a fallen comrade.
                              ------
                              "There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives."

Comment

Oh my.....love it. Great banner too. Is it one of Mel's?

Kethry
                                Yep, tis one of mel's she likes it tooo- Always good i suppose

Right, like some here I have a had a kiss from Paul, when i met him *dies* he was quite yummy in person, though Kavan still wins, even though I haven't met him!

As for paying to have Kavan kiss me, I'd rather money go to charity.

That gives me an idea, "How many times can Kavan kiss his thunker/whumper fans in 2mins, £5 a kiss to go to charity!"

That would be cool!

Spoiler:
                                I have also been kissed by Kevin Sorbo & Corin Nemec *squee*
                                sigpic
                                JPJ = John's PuddleJumperJPJ: pssss Lorne I'm a 60%er!
                                Major Lorne/Kavan Smith Thunk Thread, Lorne Whumpage Thread, Crazy Alternate Universe Thread, My ff.net account
                                Banner sigs :- Shanthaia, CKO, Smurfettethatdoesnotshare, Fenrir Foxz, Kali1, SciFiSGFan and others

Comment

Working...
                                X