• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let me try this.

Did I do it right?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
      As much as I want Jason to score a good movie role, this is my fear precisely. After Ronon and Drogo, if he does Conan too he could well end up so stereotyped it could have serious consequences for his career. I want to see him in something contemporary and real-world based, like a cop/PI show or something... *drifts off to daydreaming of Jason dressed in sharp suit, chasing down bad guys and oozing attitude*
      Oh my! You do know how to kill a woman dead, don't you?

Woowzers!
      sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Wicked pix gang!! When does Jason's new HBO mini-series debut? Cuz I'm daft at remembering dates and things. More Momoa shots please!! Woohoo!! hehe }:O
        sigpic

Comment

Woo Hoo!!!
          http://www.deadline.com/hollywood/to...n-hires-momoa/
          Apparently, today's the day for all things Conan to be resolved. First, there was Conan the late night host getting a whopping check to leave. Now, Conan the Barbarian has been crowned. I hear that Millennium Films, Lionsgate, and rights holder Paradox Entertainment have approved Jason Momoa to star in Conan, the rebirth of the Robert E. Howard-created series. Momoa, the brawny star of Stargate Atlanis who also stars in HBO's Game of Thrones, got the nod over Kellan Lutz, the Twilight guy.
          sigpic

Comment

Thank you Lythisrose for the info. As soon as I saw your post, I went and did some surfing of my own, and it's really exciting.

According to the different things I read, the director was sold on Momoa but the powers that be wasn't so the guy did some trial films with Momoa showing his sword skills, and that convinced them.

Now we all know Jason can convince anybody of anything when he's got his sword in his hands.

but seriously, we do know how talented he is in that department, and we won't worry about him getting typecast as of yet. I mean Arnold eventually got out of his typecast setting and look where he wound up. And if they go with the actual books and not the movie, it won't be just muscle bound fighting.
            Last edited by Cougarbelle; 21 January 2010, 06:59 PM. Reason: put wrong word
            sigpic

Comment

CONGRATS JASON!!! WOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Now if only he can make Joe Flanigan his sidekick or something and Rachel his other sidekick!!!
              sigpic

Comment

Yippie!!!!!!!!!!!!
                Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
                Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

Okay, now we need to start a campaign to make sure they change everything from the original movie except the outfit. Must keep original outfit. That is what really makes the entire movie. I promise!!!

Can we get that done by March 15th?
                  Last edited by Cougarbelle; 21 January 2010, 05:06 PM. Reason: had something else to say
                  sigpic

Comment

Help! I'm searching for "North Shore episode 17 and 19" streaming, uploading but not torrent.
                    sigpic

Comment

It is good news Jason being the main character in a major movie is good but he is going to get sterotyped into brainless muscled idiots if he doesn't get something that isn't all about the body (not that the body is a bad thing) but I still want him as something other than the Brawn
                      sigpic

Comment

Jason as Conan is going to be Epic! But I agree he could be stereotyped as the brawny guy in a show/movie.

Comment

I just heard the wonderful news! (Thanks Courgarbelle and Lythisrose) This is going to be fantastic. I would absolutely love if they based this movie off the books by Robert Jordan....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carpentersam/
                          MY ARTWORK -- ALL SIGNATURES BY HERMIIOD

Comment

Originally posted by Belmene View Post
                            Help! I'm searching for "North Shore episode 17 and 19" streaming, uploading but not torrent.
                            Youtube has them periodically, but they disappear too so you'll just have to be patient, sorry.

Originally posted by dragongirl View Post
                            It is good news Jason being the main character in a major movie is good but he is going to get sterotyped into brainless muscled idiots if he doesn't get something that isn't all about the body (not that the body is a bad thing) but I still want him as something other than the Brawn
                            ITA DG. Great news if it's not a brawn-over-brains role... but I'm apprehensive *fingers crossed*
                            sigpic

Comment

OMG... I don't know why this has just occurred to me, but this means Jason, possibly (probably?) shirtless on the

BIG SCREEN!!!!!!!!!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

I know. Right!!???? I thought about it last night, but I had already said too much so I told myself to let other people say something for a while. I guess I'll have to sit in my seat at the movie theatre. Other people might not appreciate me sitting right at the screen and petting it every so often when a pretty part (Jason) comes on like I do at the house. My kids are used to it. Plus, I pay the cable bill so nothing they can say.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X