Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SGA Season Six and SGU S3 Comics (American Mythology)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never say never -- we're seeing all those reboots. Who knows in 20 years time or 30 there will be new material.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Everything comes back around eventually...lol

Comment

Originally posted by lightsyder View Post
        Comments mostly were along the lines of we want tv shows nothing else.
        Agreed -- and those comments are particularly destructive. A few years back I had funding in place for a pilot episode in what could be a new series in the TV-Verse. The investors wanted to see that, given the commercial failure of SG-U, that one could be profitable. The plan was to release some low-cost books, at a loss to us, but based on their sales we could gauge if there really was an interest.

When the message came through, loud and clear, that it was TV-or-nothing, the investors bailed. So fandom chose 'nothing'.

I'd hate for that to happen again, which is why I am doing everything I can to help the comics effort.
        Author of 'The Legend of the Locust' Sci Fi Series

Worked on SGU (a little)

Comment

Originally posted by lightsyder View Post
          Is there an ETA for the universe comics? Are they going to be season 3?
          I can't share the specifics yet, but we're working both on a prequel to SG-U, leading up to the events in 'Air', and a sequel to SG-U, which would, in effect, be a season 3.

I'm absolutely in love with the stories in the prequel. Can't wait for you all to see them.

Worked on SGU (a little)

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            Never say never -- we're seeing all those reboots. Who knows in 20 years time or 30 there will be new material.
            Given the relative failure of Independence Day: Resurgence, I'm worried the SG reboot will get slow-tracked, so it might be 20 or 30 years...

Worked on SGU (a little)

Comment

Originally posted by lmoroney View Post
              Given the relative failure of Independence Day: Resurgence, I'm worried the SG reboot will get slow-tracked, so it might be 20 or 30 years...
              I would let it rest for that long, and then with the rise of new talent perhaps try something new.

I don't doubt that Emmerich and Devlin had or have something in mind for their Stargate universe, but I think it wise to perhaps let it stew a little before releasing anything new or old in a new jacket. Just look at Star Wars (if we ignore Episode I to III for a minute -- even if I love Jar-Jar to bits).
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                I would let it rest for that long, and then with the rise of new talent perhaps try something new.

I don't doubt that Emmerich and Devlin had or have something in mind for their Stargate universe, but I think it wise to perhaps let it stew a little before releasing anything new or old in a new jacket. Just look at Star Wars (if we ignore Episode I to III for a minute -- even if I love Jar-Jar to bits).
                R.E. and D.D. are going back to reboot the original movie, and make the trilogy that they always wanted to make.

http://variety.com/2016/film/spotlig...in-1201795494/

Worked on SGU (a little)

Comment

Here is a site with thumbnails of cover variants for Back to Pegasus #3, but the release date of the printed copies still says unknown.
                  http://www.atomicempire.com/issues.aspx?title=17435&

So, I might switch to digital at this point, because the release dates on those are known and there is no shipping lag time or cost.

Comment

Originally posted by WraithTech View Post
                    Here is a site with thumbnails of cover variants for Back to Pegasus #3, but the release date of the printed copies still says unknown.
                    http://www.atomicempire.com/issues.aspx?title=17435&

So, I might switch to digital at this point, because the release dates on those are known and there is no shipping lag time or cost.
                    I hear you. I don't have insight on the dates.

I personally prefer dropping by my local comic shop and picking up some issues

Worked on SGU (a little)

Comment

I hear you. I don't have insight on the dates.

I personally prefer dropping by my local comic shop and picking up some issues
                      Thanks for your response. A local comic shop would be nice-- I live in a very rural area and there aren't any at the moment. I did pre-order the Comixology version and look forward to read it. I also had switched to digital for the Fandemonium books, because I just can't wait for the novellas to be printed. The suspense gets to be too much the more the story lines build, in both books and comics.
                      Last edited by WraithTech; 28 July 2016, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Thanks for your response. A local comic shop would be nice-- I live in a very rural area and there aren't any at the moment. I did pre-order the Comixology version and look forward to read it. I also had switched to digital for the Fandemonium books, because I just can't wait for the novellas to be printed. The suspense gets to be too much the more the story lines build, in both books and comics.
                        I really love Greg LaRoque's cover for #3. Very dramatic.

http://www.atomicempire.com/issue.as...LJ1G1H0XY1XTOQ

Problem with going to the comic store to find them...it can be a lottery to see what they have in stock. But I want this one!

Worked on SGU (a little)

Comment

I really love Greg LaRoque's cover for #3. Very dramatic.
                          That is dramatic!

I like two of the covers for #4 a lot, a dramatic one
                          http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/d...ATEWAY_1567939
                          and a whimsical one:
                          http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/d...ATEWAY_1567938

Comment

That is dramatic!

I like two of the covers for #4 a lot, a dramatic one
                            http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/d...ATEWAY_1567939
                            and a whimsical one:
                            http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/d...ATEWAY_1567938
                            Hi WraithTech, I've sent word out trying to gather as much information about issue 3 as I can for you guys and haven't heard back. Sorry for the delay, I'm working hard on issue #2 of Gateways so as you can imagine it's keeping me busy. I'll let you guys know all I can as I find out, except for trade secrets of course, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by SWAT View Post
                              Hi WraithTech, I've sent word out trying to gather as much information about issue 3 as I can for you guys and haven't heard back. Sorry for the delay, I'm working hard on issue #2 of Gateways so as you can imagine it's keeping me busy. I'll let you guys know all I can as I find out, except for trade secrets of course, lol.
                              Thank you and glad to hear Gateways issue #2 is well under way.

Comment

I've gotta say it's pretty cool seeing the team working on the comics posting here. Always good to keep in touch with the fanbase.

Now just tell us when we can expect Universe! Lol

Also, with each 3 issued arc being considered an episode how will you guys handle collected editions? And how many episodes are planned for season 6?

And finally, are the ideas from Copper being used for the Universe prequel or season 3? And is this the same Universe prequel that Dynamite Comics had planned?

Comment

Working...
                                X