Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SGA Season Six and SGU S3 Comics (American Mythology)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You must have missed the ConMan crowdfunding. Although, I don't think that was on Kickstarter. Nevertheless, it hit 6K in less than a day. And Firefly's been off the air even longer.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

$7,266/10,000! Nearly three quarters of the way in two days! I think that it has a strong chance of succeeding but I doubt any of the stretch goals beyond the first will be reached. The project simply needs more awareness. It's pretty impressive that less than 100 fans have contributed so much in so little time.

Comment

Less then 100 fans is not good in the grand scheme of things.

Think long-term here for a second:
        You need a whole lot more to be succesfull after the kickstarter. If only those 100 are going to be reading your comics then chances are there won't be much to read. They need to reach a whole lot more people to make it worth their while.

Be easily available international too.

Comment

I've had those concerns but I'm hopeful about the comic books. Once it's published it will naturally gain more popularity between new fans via comics and old fans moving past their comic book scepticism. However, I do realise that that is a best case scenario.

I remain positive about the less than 100 fans who have brought so much hope to the project and I can only imagine what might happen if more people get on board.

Also, the project is now at $8,885/$10,000! We are so close!

Comment

109 backers
            $8,959/ $10,000 goal
            9 days to go

I just threw some money to them and posted the link on facebook.
            Its a start and wish MGM would be ok for kickstarter movies like they have been doing for Star Trek.
            LETS GO PEN'S

Comment

Just backed this; I completed a full re-watch of Stargate today upon reaching the end of SGU. I'd truly love for Stargate, and in particular SGA, to make a TV return but I guess this will have to do for now.

Comment

Originally posted by glennh73 View Post
                Its a start and wish MGM would be ok for kickstarter movies like they have been doing for Star Trek.
                MGM has granted Devlin & Emmerich another go at their Stargate trilogy, so that won't be necessary. I don't think they will need kickstarter to get their project off the ground.

Looks like they'll make their 10K...

However, someone made a comment about the 10K and why it seemed so little. It's only for the first episode/issue as far as I understand it. And then the answer to comment might actually suggest they want to continue to Kickstart for every episode... That's not gonna fly long.
                Last edited by Falcon Horus; 05 December 2015, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Only $537 to go! I definitely think that the campaign is going to pay off =D

Honestly it is far too soon in the process to be making those kind of assumptions. The Kickstarter is obviously being used as some initial funding to cover costs such as printing and labour, while also giving the company the opportunity to interact with the fans and get them on board with the project.

I doubt that the company would be taking on multiple licenses if they couldn't see them through. I say we see how it goes and enjoy it for as long as it lasts.

Comment

Err... you do realize that printing and labour (writing, drawing, inking, filling text, concept art, graphic design) costs way more than 10K, right?

I mean, I imagine that the two authors alone cost 10K each per script.

Comment

Even if that is true, the people behind American Mythology have decades of experience in the industry. I just don't see why they would announce multiple licensed projects if they could not follow through with them. I trust that they can pull this off. Until the first arc is completed and they announce their continuation plans what we think may happen is entirely conjecture.

According to the two co-writers (in the article I linked a page or two ago):

"JCV: There will be A LOT more information out in either January or February, with the comics following in March or April.
                      MLH: Until then we’ll keep the information coming. "

So we'll have more information about the project within the coming months. I'll reserve my judgement about the fate of the series until see more of the bigger picture.

Comment

The lady friend has also pledged towards this. We're in the final stretch of it now.

I asked them about it and it sounds very much like this is just to cover startup costs. They said they don't have any intent on using a kickstarter for each arc. Just going to be initial startup for this and then another for SGU I believe.
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I've just been looking over the backer rewards and they've made me think that the comics will be going for at least 9 issues. The ultimate backer pledge mentions issues 2-6, while the penultimate one mentions issues 2-9. If there were plans to kickstart the series every 3 issues I highly doubt that they would have put these goals in place if they couldn't reach them.

Also: only $78 to go! =D

EDIT:
                          The Kickstarter has officially reached its goal! Now let's just hope it stays that way for the next 8 days and people don't back out.
                          Last edited by Super Hive; 06 December 2015, 08:20 AM.

Comment

They mention a specific number in one of the interviews. I can't remember off hand how many though.

So glad it made it! Gotta keep going for those stretch goals! Keep sharing!
                            sigpic

Comment

Yeah it's been mentioned that the plan is for six three-issue arcs for a total of eighteen issues. However, there is also the possibility of the occasional one-shot comic in between arcs. I'd love to see some solo Teyla or Ronon-centric issues, since they kinda got sidelined in the later seasons.

Has anyone taken a look at the preliminary artwork that was featured in the Kickstarter video? I have a feeling that the grey aliens that attacked Atlantis in the alternate reality of "The Daedalus Variations" are making their debut in our Atlantis' reality. I'm so stoked if that's true! It'd be nice to get some antagonistic variation from the Wraith.

DaedalusVariationsAliens.jpgSGA CB Page 1A.jpgSGA CB Page 2.jpg

If you look at the cranial structure of their foreheads they look very similar if not the same. I definitely wanted to see these aliens again after their sort-of introduction in Season 5 - it makes sense that the Wraith are not the only technologically advanced species in the Pegasus galaxy. I really wonder what their story is and what they are called.

Comment

Yeah I'd noticed that too! It'd be nice to see them show up and to see how they interact with the Wraith too. I'd especially like the Vanir to return too.
                                Last edited by Elite Anubis Guard; 07 December 2015, 02:10 AM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X