Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SGA Season Six and SGU S3 Comics (American Mythology)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm willing to give them a fair chance. As long as the characters are clearly distinguishable from each other the actor's likenesses don't have to be perfect. Hopefully we'll be able to judge for ourselves when we get our hands on previews.

Since this is a licensed product from MGM and may well be an official continuation I think they'd want to put out a good product. So far, according to the writer, Mark Haynes, he's had positive reactions for his take on the story post Enemy at the Gate.

SG comic tweet 5.PNG

Also, this tweet from Mark Haynes suggests that there will be some comic news relatively soon! Technically it's a bit late but it's always the studio that gets the final say on divulging information:
    SG comic tweet 6.PNG

Comment

I will give them a chance and find out story details and art previews before I make a decision either way.
      sigpic
      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Heck, I'll buy them regardless just to show there are still people out there that are interested in Stargate.

Comment

Originally posted by lightsyder View Post
          Heck, I'll buy them regardless just to show there are still people out there that are interested in Stargate.
          Aye, I'm with you. I'm not a comics guy, but I'll be one for SGA.
          If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

I'm not much of a comics fan, but I'll be buying the SGA ones

I loved the Legacy novels (no they weren't perfect and the last book wasn't good but it was a fascinating take on the show...I learned to ignore one or two plot threads I disliked, but the rest of it held together very well)
            sigpic
            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

American Mythology has teased an announcement for the comics due to be revealed in a few days! =D

https://twitter.com/AmericanMytho/st...61207993925634
              Attached Files

Comment

LOL - Rodney's face.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

WANT TO BE A PART OF STARGATE ATLANTIS SEASON SIX?! Here's your chance!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...urce=hootsuite

American Mythology is launching a Kickstarter for the comics. They have some qmazing and very well themed pledge offerings, including being drawn into the comic as an extra or even having a speaking role! I could never have afforded it but there was an option to even have your character appear on the cover but all availability has been pledged.

There are 9 pledges left for being an extra and 5 left for having a speaking role (I've pledged the first one! ) If you want to see SGA Season 6 please pledge whatever support you can!

It's a shame that MGM aren't giving the series its full monetary support, but if we can raise over the initial goal there will be amazing extras like longer comic issues (up to 40 pages!) and bonus behind the scenes drawings and sketches! Also there's a chance for them to make a catch up comic which would really help bring in new fans!

It would be pretty amazing if this post/thread could get pinned or highlighted somehow by a mod.

Comment

Great, if you want something shipped you pay more. Yeah, that's not happening.

Good luck, with the kickstarter then!

Comment

MGM doesn't pay to have the comics done. The publisher buys the rights from MGM then it's up to them to get them made.

Comment

I'm not particularly familiar with Kickstarter so I have no idea whether additional shipping fees are standard or not. It is a shame but if you're in the US I think shipping might be free, the additional costs are for international shipping.

If there's anyone on here who does want to support the Kickstarter but are wary of additional shipping costs there are two options available for you: Chevron 1 and Chevron 2.

(I'm sorry if I sound like a PR rep or something I'm just super stoked for this and want it to do the best it can!)

Comment

Appreciate the heads up. I backed them

Comment

I just had a thought: for anybody who wants to support the comics but can't for whatever reason pledge to the Kickstarter, a great way to help is simply raise awareness. The more people that know about the campaign hopefully the more people will pledge and get involved! =D

So get on those social media outlets and let everyone know =P I'll be making a tumblr post about it shortly.

Comment

I'm sharing this too. I'll be pledging shortly too. I really want the Chevron 8 pledge but I think I'd be more interested in that for the Universe series. Just curious as to if they'll Kickstart that series too.

They're not doing bad either. Already at 3K.
                              sigpic
                              Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Con Man did better in just 2 days...

If they need Kickstarter to get this show on the road (in a manner of speaking) then I have more doubts than I care to admit.

Comment

Working...
                                X