Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SGA Season Six and SGU S3 Comics (American Mythology)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome! It would great if they don't conflict with legacy too much.

Comment

I have a feeling that the Legacy novels are not being considered at all in regards to the comics. Mark Haynes confirmed that the comics will pick up shortly after the ending of Enemy at the Gate.

SG comic tweet 4.PNG

Which is fine in my opinion, as both Legacy and the Season 6 comics can coexist as equally valid thanks to alternate realities =]

Comment

Yeah, looking forward to these, but I actually think the Legacy books are a very well thought out continuation of SGA which would translate brilliantly to TV/film … but hey, not complaining - the more SGA I can get, the better!

Comment

Originally posted by mercy moon View Post
          ...but I actually think the Legacy books are a very well thought out continuation of SGA which would translate brilliantly to TV/film…
          And I'm thinking that they wouldn't and are not well-thought out... so bring on these comics and see what they do with the continuation.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            And I'm thinking that they wouldn't and are not well-thought out... so bring on these comics and see what they do with the continuation.
            Well while I quite enjoyed the Legacy books I have to agree, I'm happy for them to be considered an alternate reality. In fact, I'd love to see other authors give us their interpretation of what happened next so I'm quite excited for the comics, though in truth I'm hot a huge comic fan.....heck, I'll take my Atlantis any way I can get it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Arica15 View Post
              ...though in truth I'm hot a huge comic fan.....
              I think one could consider me a N00B when it comes to comics. I do have a few graphic novels.

Comment

I understand any scepticism when it comes to being a newcomer to comics. I'm a huge Charmed fan and was utterly delighted when I heard that it was going to be continued in comic book form for a Season Nine (now on Season Ten!). The transition to waiting a month for new 'episodes' was hard at first but I got used to it. Going back and reading an entire story arc in a continuous run is so rewarding, as you'll pick up on things that you missed while reading them weeks in between.

I just hope whoever is doing the pencil work can replicate (ha!) the actors' likenesses fairly well. I don't think they have to be perfect - just recognisable enough so that the reader isn't confused. We have to wait until March for the first Issue - I just hope I don't explode with excitement in the meantime.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  Yes please, because I could not tolerate those Legacy novels. I try not to even think about them.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                    Yes please, because I could not tolerate those Legacy novels. I try not to even think about them.
                    Hehe, really don't know why people are so negative about them, after all if I didn't enjoy a book/series having read the first one (maybe two if unsure), I wouldn't waste time & money on a further 6 books! Anyway, different strokes, for different folks … & as far as I'm concerned all SGA formats are very welcome!

Comment

Hehe, really don't know why people are so negative about them...
                      I could say a few things that I find highly problematic, but I'm not gonna...

And I only needed one passage to hightail it out of Legacy.

Comment

Hehe, really don't know why people are so negative about them, after all if I didn't enjoy a book/series having read the first one (maybe two if unsure), I wouldn't waste time & money on a further 6 books! Anyway, different strokes, for different folks … & as far as I'm concerned all SGA formats are very welcome!
                        And I didn't manage to get through them. Looking forward to the comics.
                        sigpic

Comment

I liked the Legacy books but that doesn't mean I think they were perfect, they had some major problems (particularly around the wraith and some of the characterisations) but overall I found them worth a read.

Now as I said before I don't love the comic book format but I'll take new SGA any old way I can get it. If that means putting up with hippy wraith, characters so out of character you'd swear they had been replaced by Zygones or indeed comics then I'll probably but it. Its better than a big fat nothing.

Comment

I am excited about the new comics, but I have to tell you the earlier SG-1's comics were poor. The drawing and and the stories were hardly acceptable. That is the reason I haven't got really high hopes for this new SG:A comics either. Earlier I would have said that anyything is better than nothing, I mean to revive the franchise from this coma state, but if the quality of the merchandise products are so low or unacceptable then they should rather bury the franchise until the new SG movie.
                            Last edited by Platschu; 09 November 2015, 05:44 AM.
                            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                              ...but if the quality of the merchandise products are so low or unacceptable then they should rather bury the franchise until the new SG movie.
                              Much like the Lego (htat aren't Lego) Stargate sets. Very poor quality.

Comment

Exactly... Stargate : Worlds could have been the biggest support for SG brand, but even that MMO game was cancelled. Sometimes I feel that they believe we will buy everything what has got a Stargate logo on it.

But back to the comics. It is a bit worrying that the previous SG writers are not involved. And even this publusher seems to be just a tiny little fish in a giant pond in comparsion to the DC or Marvel.
                                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Working...
                                X