Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SGA Season Six and SGU S3 Comics (American Mythology)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My lady friend received her Kickstarter stuff last week. All looking good!
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I'm working on the SG-A and SG-U comics too. Lots of great things going on, but cannot talk about all of them yet.

Once thing I would ask -- please go out and buy the comics! It's the only way they will continue to be produced. I assure you, none of us are getting rich off them, and I strongly believe that they are the last, best, hope for stories in the TV-verse to continue.

I also strongly believe that these are the closest to the TV stories that we're going to get. For example -- the Stargate Universe comics I'm working on come directly from outlines written by Robert Cooper!

But please support them by buying from your local comic shop, directly from the publisher, or digitally from Amazon, Google etc.

Thanks!
      Author of 'The Legend of the Locust' Sci Fi Series

Worked on SGU (a little)

Comment

That universe news is interesting. Any idea when that will get a release? Is it starting via Kickstarter as well? Is the performance of Atlantis factoring into universes release?

Comment

Originally posted by lightsyder View Post
          That universe news is interesting. Any idea when that will get a release? Is it starting via Kickstarter as well? Is the performance of Atlantis factoring into universes release?
          Great sales for Atlantis can only be a good thing!

There's no direct effect -- we're still doing SGU, but for long term viability, like with anything, good sales are vital.

I've spoken with a lot of folks who are wary about comics, and feel that they're only interested if there's a renewal of the TV show. I'd encourage everyone to at least give the comics a try.

Great sales would be a huge signal to MGM that there's life in these characters and stories.

So please, if you haven't done so yet, go to your comic store and ask for Stargate Atlantis. Or whip out your Kindle and buy it on Amazon. The team have done a fabulous job of bringing a great story to life. It's really the next best thing to a new season on TV!

Worked on SGU (a little)

Comment

Showed my comics to a friend this past weekend who does comics as well - she is a professional letterer for quite a few comics - while she was happy to see SGA, she had a few criticisms about the art and lettering.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vecturist View Post
              Showed my comics to a friend this past weekend who does comics as well - she is a professional letterer for quite a few comics - while she was happy to see SGA, she had a few criticisms about the art and lettering.
              Please send them to me...we are doing everything we can to make this the best possible series.

Worked on SGU (a little)

Comment

Both the lady and I have our standing orders in. One of the things I've noticed is that Stargate fans largely seem to ignore the expanded universe which is a shame.
                sigpic
                Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                  One of the things I've noticed is that Stargate fans largely seem to ignore the expanded universe which is a shame.
                  For which they probably have a good reason.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I'm not sure most of the ones who ignore have ever sampled it to begin with. That's exactly what happened with the stargate audio dramas from big finish.

Comment

Originally posted by lmoroney View Post
                      Great sales for Atlantis can only be a good thing!

There's no direct effect -- we're still doing SGU, but for long term viability, like with anything, good sales are vital.

I've spoken with a lot of folks who are wary about comics, and feel that they're only interested if there's a renewal of the TV show. I'd encourage everyone to at least give the comics a try.

Great sales would be a huge signal to MGM that there's life in these characters and stories.

So please, if you haven't done so yet, go to your comic store and ask for Stargate Atlantis. Or whip out your Kindle and buy it on Amazon. The team have done a fabulous job of bringing a great story to life. It's really the next best thing to a new season on TV!
                      Totally understandable. I've got a standing order at my comic shop for every issue and every cover variant. Also supported the Kickstarter.

Is there an ETA for the universe comics? Are they going to be season 3?

Comment

Originally posted by lmoroney View Post
                        Hi, I am trying, but I still can't find print copies of Back to Pegasus #3 for order anywhere for August. I see Gateways #1, which is issue #4 up for pre-order for October on Midtown Comics, and also past issues #1 and #2, but no #3.

http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/s...=16&q=stargate

I'm not sure most of the ones who ignore have ever sampled it to begin with.
                        Yes. This.

Comment

I'm not sure most of the ones who ignore have ever sampled it to begin with. That's exactly what happened with the stargate audio dramas from big finish.
                          If they didn't know about it, that's not the same as ignoring the expansion.
                          Ignoring means you do know about it, otherwise you can't ignore it. I mean, you can't ignore what you don't know.

People generally have different reasons for not being interested in one media or another, or in the expansion of the universe.

Comment

I'm saying they knew about it and ignored it. With the audio dramas MGM tried to promote them in the stargate Facebook page and the "fans" came n bashing it immediately. Comments mostly were along the lines of we want tv shows nothing else. So, they knew about it and trashed it without ever trying it...at least that's how I see it anyay...

Comment

I did not know that. My apologies.

Fans come in all shapes and sizes, and likes and dislikes.
                              Well, you gotta admit, audio dramas, or books or comics or fanfic or virtual series are still not the same as the actual TV-show, so I can understand the ignore. The bashing a little less, that reeks of entitlement or something.

And yes, for those around to have seen it, I've outgrown my anti-SGU days.

Comment

No apologies necessary. And yes, while it may not be what you are looking for there is no reason to tear it down so no one else can enjoy it. I'd much rather have season 3 of universe and Atlantis and SG1 movies but sadly that will never happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X