Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SGA Season Six and SGU S3 Comics (American Mythology)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know if this series was cancelled or delayed? The Previews catalogue for comics shipping in August doesn't have a new Stargate: Atlantis comic solicited. The publisher, American Mythology, has other items listed but no Atlantis.

Comment

Don't think so. Might just be a break

Comment

Originally posted by Lorne View Post
        Does anyone know if this series was cancelled or delayed? The Previews catalogue for comics shipping in August doesn't have a new Stargate: Atlantis comic solicited. The publisher, American Mythology, has other items listed but no Atlantis.
        I'm one of the kickstarter backers and I have talked very briefly with the individual who runs the kickstarter page for them. My sense is that they are a fairly small company and they are trying to do a lot. I am not sure they have a monthly schedule yet for any of the products. So far they don't have anything I've seen for sale on their webpage past #2 (atlantis and pink panther). Their property with the most announced issues is Three Stooges with 3 one shots (MGM owns Stooges, Pink Panther, and Atlatis if you were wondering the reasoning behind those random sounding properties) They delivered on the physical kickstarter goods so that alone has me willing to be a bit patient and see where things go. Had enough projects vanish into smoke that I am fairly patient with the people who are producing or updating.

Comment

Originally posted by Valen200 View Post
          I'm one of the kickstarter backers and I have talked very briefly with the individual who runs the kickstarter page for them. My sense is that they are a fairly small company and they are trying to do a lot. I am not sure they have a monthly schedule yet for any of the products. So far they don't have anything I've seen for sale on their webpage past #2 (atlantis and pink panther). Their property with the most announced issues is Three Stooges with 3 one shots (MGM owns Stooges, Pink Panther, and Atlatis if you were wondering the reasoning behind those random sounding properties) They delivered on the physical kickstarter goods so that alone has me willing to be a bit patient and see where things go. Had enough projects vanish into smoke that I am fairly patient with the people who are producing or updating.
          That American Mythology keeps putting out new #1 issues for different series isn't reassuring. I'm glad they honored their Kickstarter deal, but a string of first issues with little to no follow-up issues in any series gives the impression that American Mythology may be only interested in a quick buck and not long for the comic market.

For any comic series to be successful, the issues have to come out on a regular basis. If months pass with no solicitations for fresh issues in a series, the comic retailer is likely to forget about it or assume it's been cancelled. So will the average comic book reader, for that matter. Maintaining a presence on the "new releases" shelf of a comic store is essential.

I want this book to do well, but American Mythology doesn't seem very committed to it. I hope I'm wrong.

Comment

Post about a second story arc for SGA comics. Maybe a story after the arc with the grey aliens? This was a few weeks ago.
            https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/1595833

Tweet of Caldwell art, tweeted 15 hours ago by Atlantis-TV:
            https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CmF1ivXXEAECbAA.jpg

Hopefully, these things mean continued projects.

Comment

Hope it's still alive. Have they solicited #3 in previews yet?

Comment

I haven't seen anything about #3 I can recall, but have seen talk of issue #4 of 6 by jumping around hashtags to an artist's page:
                "Many of you have asked when issue four of Stargate Atlantis: Back to Pegasus will be available. I can now tell you it will be listed in the August edition of Previews with an October release."
                https://twitter.com/RancidPlague

He also has more artwork on display: https://www.facebook.com/DarthSWAT/m...3&l=1f7bf51973

Comment

Glad to hear it's still on track

Comment

Originally posted by WraithTech View Post
                    I haven't seen anything about #3 I can recall, but have seen talk of issue #4 of 6 by jumping around hashtags to an artist's page:
                    "Many of you have asked when issue four of Stargate Atlantis: Back to Pegasus will be available. I can now tell you it will be listed in the August edition of Previews with an October release."
                    https://twitter.com/RancidPlague

He also has more artwork on display: https://www.facebook.com/DarthSWAT/m...3&l=1f7bf51973
                    From the Previews catalog that was released today (for products shipping in September 2016), the American Mythology section doesn't have any Stargate: Atlantis issue (#3 or otherwise) solicited. It does, however, have a small blurb at the bottom of the final AM page that reads:

Stargate Atlantis returns with a brand new story arc in SGA: Gateways #1!

If I understand this correctly, the Return to Pegasus series only lasted two issues (though the second issue still hasn't made an appearance yet, so it may just be one issue long) and American Mythology is already relaunching the book with a new #1? There was no actual solicitation for the SGA: Gateways title in the AM section, so that may just be an empty tease for an issue/series that never materializes either.

What a mess.

Comment

Ugh...doubt this will end well

Comment

Comixology is taking preorders for issue #3 and says available August 3rd:
                        https://www.comixology.eu/Stargate-A...l-comic/379929

This Wiki claims "Back to Pegasus" means numbers 1-3 and "Gateways" means numbers 4-6, but each has episodes 1-3 in that 4-6. (Almost as confusing as Fandy's numbering system). Take that table with a grain of salt, because I can't find a link to an official release to back that up (I am also using Google Translate). It also says there are scripts in the works for numbers up to 12.
                        http://stargate-wiki.de/wiki/Merchan...is:_Season_Six
                        Last edited by WraithTech; 29 June 2016, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Well, I hope that's true. They were supposed to reveal some new info at sci-fi valley gone a few weekends ago but I don't know if that happened or not.

Comment

I sent them a polite request on their website to please post an update on their webpage or the Kickstarter to clear up the episode list and release dates for us.

Comment

Cool. I sent a couple DM's to their Twitter account last week and got no response. Hope you have better luck!

Comment

Originally posted by WraithTech View Post
                                I sent them a polite request on their website to please post an update on their webpage or the Kickstarter to clear up the episode list and release dates for us.
                                Thanks, WraithTech. Hopefully they'll clear up some of the confusion.

Comment

Working...
                                X