Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SGA Season Six and SGU S3 Comics (American Mythology)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope the Kickstarter stuff is shipping soon then.
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I've read the first issue and I really enjoyed it! I thought the characterisations were on point and the shift in direction was really refreshing.

I think the only thing that lets it down is the amount of pages available to tell the story. I don't think this is a fault with the writing - more of the constrains of trying to turn a 40 minute episode into a 25 page comic. The plot does make sense, but maybe a line or two extra would have made it make a tad more sense on the first read through.

There is a pretty big WTF moment for me (in a good way!) that ties various things together in a way I never would have expected. It actually had me pretty pumped.

The art is great in my opinion. I'm really happy with the direction the story is going and I'm super eager to read the next ones!

Comment

Lucky you, Super Hive, I just got a tracking number this afternoon for my shipment. Nice review without being spoilry. I am looking forward to receiving it.

Comment

If you did the Kickstarter you should have a free comixology code for issue 1

Comment

My lady friend and I received our digital copies last night. I read it. Enjoyed it - looks like the Gate nexus idea I've had tucked away in my mind for years is down on paper! Plenty of questions about the greyaliens though and why they're the alternate reality versions. I did think the artwork was a let down though - lacking on detail and made it look cheap.
            sigpic

Comment

The story seems to be off to a good start. Felt rushed and I think a better recap detailing events after the final episode would have helped.

They are wasn't great. I had higher hopes after seeing the pencils and covers they shared but I'm not impressed. I wonder if they have issues getting character likeness rights? I know companies like Neca have issues with getting character rights for figures.

Comment

I got my code for the first issue - thought it was a good story, but the art was severely lacking in my opinion - I had several moments of 'That's supposed to be X? That looks nothing like him!' I hope the bonus cover art is better. My other complaint is that it appears the comic is web only, I haven't found a way to download it - it was a pain reading it on my small-screened laptop.
                Last edited by Vecturist; 12 May 2016, 08:02 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Comixology won't let you download it. Makes it to use to share it out as a pirated copy. Physical copies are on sale as well.

Comment

Received my printed edition today. So far, so good for me, for plot, characterization and inclusion, and art. The McKay parts were funny and nice to have that thrown in. Of course, being a Wraith fan, I await when Todd comes into play in all this.
                    Last edited by WraithTech; 14 May 2016, 03:32 PM.

Comment

I'm really interested in getting this. Does anyone know an online shop where I can order this in the UK, or is it not out in the UK yet?
                      Hi, I'm currently working on a new Thread called...
                      Stargate SG-1 Season 11 and Onwards

Come and take a look in the Fan Fiction section if you are interested!
                      Current Episode - 11x08 - "Abduction"

Comment

Finally got my special edition Sheppard cover - very disappointed and I don't feel it was worth the extra $$. At least it wasn't much $.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Stargatefan99 View Post
                          I'm really interested in getting this. Does anyone know an online shop where I can order this in the UK, or is it not out in the UK yet?
                          Have you tried your local comic shop or Forbidden Planet?
                          sigpic

Comment

Drawing studies of the grey aliens. Nice to see one of them with a calmer expression, free from just whatever it was which made them mad at the Lanteans, Ancient or present:
                            https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CjwfQgKUgAINX--.jpg

Comment

Still looks like he has the grumps though! lol
                              sigpic

Comment

Yeah, still serious/stoic. In wonder if such a frame will appear in the comics.
                                Last edited by WraithTech; 10 June 2016, 03:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X