Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The shop has reopened! Ordered the latest Legacy book (and #3 for the mrs). Looking forward to getting them
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
      The shop has reopened! Ordered the latest Legacy book (and #3 for the mrs). Looking forward to getting them
      Hope you enjoy
      sigpic
      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Some Legacy news!!!

From author Jo Graham's blog:

A reader asks,"What are you working on now?"

<snip>

I'm also working on a Stargate Atlantis novella, which is tentatively called Mysteries of Emege. It's set post-Legacy and is scheduled to be out in April next year. It's centered on Teyla and Rodney.
        I like the sound of this...I love what they built between Rodney and Teyla during Legacy
        Spoiler:
        and I felt it was sadly mostly overlooked in the last book
        so this is great!!
        sigpic

Comment

They had an update on their Facebook page as well. Announced some upcoming books.

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
            Some Legacy news!!!

From author Jo Graham's blog:

I like the sound of this...I love what they built between Rodney and Teyla during Legacy
            Spoiler:
            and I felt it was sadly mostly overlooked in the last book
            so this is great!!
            Well while I'm quite pleased to have some more Legacy I must say Teyla and Rodney were probably my least favourite characters in the main series with Teyla completely out of character throughout the series so I doubt I'll be buying this one.

Comment

Here's the update in case anyone missed it:

Chevron seven – locked.
              We’re delighted to say that our on-line store is once again open for business! Thanks, everyone, for your patience during the hiatus.
              We’ve got some exciting new titles coming up this fall, starting with Stargate: ‘Points of Origin’, our second anthology of short stories. The collection features SG-1 and Atlantis tales by some of our best-loved authors: Karen Miller, Jo Graham, Aaron Rosenberg, Amy Griswold, Sally Malcolm, Peter Evans, Suzanne Wood, Laura Harper, T. Fox Dunham, and Geonn Canon. Available in eBook late October, and paperback early November.
              Following that, we have a wonderful novella by Stargate Atlantis ‘Legacy’ author, Melissa Scott. Stargate Atlantis: ‘The Lost Queen’ shows the team in action as you’ve never seen them before - from the point of view of the Wraith! Available as eBook only in early December.
              The New Year will see the highly anticipated Stargate SG-1: ‘Kali’s Wrath’ from Keith DeCandido, as well as Diana Dru Botsford’s Stargate SG-1: ‘The Many and the Few’ – our first post-season ten Stargate SG-1 story.
              We’re also very excited to announce a new series of three Stargate Atlantis ‘Legacy’ novellas for spring 2016 – available for both eBook and in paperback.
              There’s lots more on the cards for 2016, so keep checking back for more updates. And happy ’gating!
              sigpic

Comment

Here's the update in case anyone missed it:

Chevron seven – locked.
                We’re delighted to say that our on-line store is once again open for business! Thanks, everyone, for your patience during the hiatus.
                We’ve got some exciting new titles coming up this fall, starting with Stargate: ‘Points of Origin’, our second anthology of short stories. The collection features SG-1 and Atlantis tales by some of our best-loved authors: Karen Miller, Jo Graham, Aaron Rosenberg, Amy Griswold, Sally Malcolm, Peter Evans, Suzanne Wood, Laura Harper, T. Fox Dunham, and Geonn Canon. Available in eBook late October, and paperback early November.
                Following that, we have a wonderful novella by Stargate Atlantis ‘Legacy’ author, Melissa Scott. Stargate Atlantis: ‘The Lost Queen’ shows the team in action as you’ve never seen them before - from the point of view of the Wraith! Available as eBook only in early December.
                The New Year will see the highly anticipated Stargate SG-1: ‘Kali’s Wrath’ from Keith DeCandido, as well as Diana Dru Botsford’s Stargate SG-1: ‘The Many and the Few’ – our first post-season ten Stargate SG-1 story.
                We’re also very excited to announce a new series of three Stargate Atlantis ‘Legacy’ novellas for spring 2016 – available for both eBook and in paperback.
                There’s lots more on the cards for 2016, so keep checking back for more updates. And happy ’gating!
                Sounds good
                sigpic

Comment

Actually, the store has been open again for about three weeks. I've ordered a couple of books from the store at least two weeks ago.

Comment

So I'm just over 2/3 of the way through 3rd Path. I'm enjoying it but I'm not particularly engaged with the Ronan storyline or the Atlantis storyline (though I'm loving Ember). I'm liking the Vanir plotline but it just seems to be meandering. I do love Dekkas though. I probably should have re-read Unascended before going into 3rd Path.

And a few issues - Daniel and Rodney weren't in stasis when they were kidnapped and when did these shrines show up?

I do love the Legacy series but the last 2 haven't been as good as the others.
                    sigpic

Comment

So I'm just over 2/3 of the way through 3rd Path. I'm enjoying it but I'm not particularly engaged with the Ronan storyline or the Atlantis storyline (though I'm loving Ember). I'm liking the Vanir plotline but it just seems to be meandering. I do love Dekkas though. I probably should have re-read Unascended before going into 3rd Path.

And a few issues - Daniel and Rodney weren't in stasis when they were kidnapped and when did these shrines show up?

I do love the Legacy series but the last 2 haven't been as good as the others.
                      The last two books weren't as good, especially the final one which was a bit of a let down.

Still, it won't put me off reading the novellas or any other Legacy stuff as it comes out
                      sigpic

Comment

And finished The 3rd Path last night. My thoughts are enclosed -

Spoiler:
                        So definitely the worse book of the series. Unascended and 3rd Path felt like a 2 parter and rather light. The storyline on Atlantis and the storyline with Ronan were boring and felt like padding because they couldn't think what to do.

The stuff with the Fenrir and the Wolf would have been better served as the focus and just felt so underused. I would have loved to have seen more of the Fenrir as the bad guys rather than just quickly dealt with without any real conflict.

Did I forget something from Unascended because the Wolf just seemed to have shown up? Again, the Wolf was ripe for a whole lot of focus and just felt quickly dealt with.

I hope future Legacy releases don't feel so rushed.
                        sigpic

Comment

This might be a bit of an odd question to ask but since I'm only a few pages into Homecoming I don't really know.

Are there any space battles in the Legacy series? I've seen my fair share of sci-fi spaceship battles but I'm really interested in reading them in prose.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Hive View Post
                            This might be a bit of an odd question to ask but since I'm only a few pages into Homecoming I don't really know.

Are there any space battles in the Legacy series? I've seen my fair share of sci-fi spaceship battles but I'm really interested in reading them in prose.
                            Yes. There are definitely some space battles in the Legacy series.

Comment

Does anyone else find that the dialogue can seem a bit odd? I'm reading Homecoming and I've just read Sheppard calling Carter by her forename, which I just don't think he would do, and Carter telling Teyla that she could "punch him in the chops", in reference to an IOA member. That just seems so out of character to me. It's honestly very distracting. But I'm going to try and power through it. I just hope the John/Teyla relationship doesn't annoy me.

Comment

I felt the characterizations where at times very much not what I expected.

Comment

Working...
                                X