This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Character Hobbies/Activities

Potential character hobbies that you could see them doing besides the normal, although someone could just briefly list the normal ones.

Me, I could see...

Sheppard: Playing too much first person shooter games, taking dance lessons (for some odd reason),
    watching Scooby-dooby doo mysteries.

McKay: Doing singalong youtube videos with Ronon, attending Star Trek conventions, playing online games

Tayla: Being girls scout leader, playing rugby, watching too much reality tv, participating in Survivor

Ford: Community center volunteer, reading mysteries for some reason, espn-oholic

Ronon: Winning Survivor, watching Masterpiece Theater when he thinks no one is looking, reading romance, teaching the art of war to preschoolers

Todd: Teaching kids, having tea parties, kegging out at college parties

sheppard's a golfer isn't he? hehe, though he'd probably be good at dancing 'cos he's got snake hips!

i like to think of todd as more of an artist as on occasions he has commented on the beauty of the stars etc ... maybe he does watercolours or plays a classical instrument ... um, yes, todd straddling a cello and cranking (if cranking's the right word) out the bach cello suites works for me!

nice thread btw - i'm gonna have to go away and have a think on what the others do.

Comment

Yes, Shep is indeed fps player

Weir is a part of some book club and attends regularly the meetings they have.

Bob is a very skilled tattoo and other bod mod artist but it is just a hobby - after all he has his hands full of life-sucking and not many customers like to be as close to him than the procedures ask for.

Steve puts on pale make up, then a top hat and goes to goth club to drink absinthe and whine how difficult the life is. It IS a hobby if you enjoy it

Ford takes lessons in karate because it is cool.

Teyla knits. She doesn't often tell it (it is not that cool hobby), but she likes to see how the clothe is slowly forming and the sound of the knitting sticks is very relaxing to her.

Ronon has a part time job as a bouncer. He doesn't need the money but it is a healthy way to work out some aggression!

Todd doesn't really have a hobby. He writes and paints, but he it that good at it he makes some serious money with his art and invests it to stocks he watches at so intensively that some say he has got an obsession.

Todd isn't the only one without hobbies. Keller doesn't have one either. Her time just flies away for some reason and she never does anything to chance that.

Comment

You just know Todd gets high and listens to gangsta rap.

Comment

Woolsey! How could I forget dear old Woolsey? He is a collector, collects things from stamps to old cars, even when his car collection isn't very impressive due to his small salary.

He isn't the only one collector, though. Greg (the wraith from the Defiant One) had so much free time in that boring planet he started to collect bugs and dead amphibians he put in jars. It was too bad his collection was never found because it had literally every bug from the planet. Amphibians weren't that great - the poor Wraith didn't have any naphthalene and every single item he managed to get rot away long before he woke up next time. Didn't stop him trying since he was, well, pretty defiant.

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
          You just know Todd gets high and listens to gangsta rap.
          Maybe I am just easily amused today but the mental image made me laugh Too bad I can't draw, it would be fun to draw Todd on some narrow bunk in some crappy room full of funny plants and one gigantic subwoofer, Todd making smoke rings and laughing to unseen things, him having a very, eh, dopey expression :,D

Comment

Don't forget Woolsey's Yorkshire terrier.

I can see him enjoying giving the little mite a bath, blow drying it's hair, popping a little red bow on top & then off to the local dog show.

I wonder what would happen if he asked Ronon to go with him.

Comment

Someone should photoshop SGA members as a band.

Ronon- drums

Sheppard- Electric Guitar

Rodney- Keyboard

Teyla- Singer

Todd- Bass/Growl effects I mean sound effects

Woolsey, Keller, Beckett, Weir- Backup singers/dancers

Comment

Shawn (the Wraith from Condemned) cooks. He has actually get relatively good at it. Adapt, should I say, because his hive doesn't have proper ingredients and he uses what he can get.

Once he even tried making wine but it was so bad even he had to pour it away. He strongly believes the terrible taste was caused by drone who decided to wash his left boot in the wine after the drone's dinner puked on the boot, but it might be possible that the ingredients Shawn used had something to do with the taste, too. But Shawn himself didn't see any possible problems when he used bacon instead of berries, and because Wraith usually know stuff, maybe it was the drone after all.

Yummy
                Last edited by FromOutside; 02 March 2010, 03:01 PM. Reason: typos, typos...

Comment

Keller could do yoga...
                  http://crazystuffofrandomness.tumblr.com/ My Tumblr page...
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FromOutside View Post
                    Shawn (the Wraith from Condemned) cooks. He has actually get relatively good at it. Adapt, should I say, because his hive doesn't have proper ingredients and he uses what he can get.
                    Let me guess, he uses whatever happens to be "on hand"
                    sigpic
                    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Wasn't it in Brainstorm that Sheppard mentioned going camping and perhpas surfing on some beach on the planet?

So I would add camping and surfing to the list. Actually I would have loved to seen Sheppard teaching Ronon how to surf. Yep, Sheppard and Ronon on a beach and surfing. Yep, I would definitely enjoy watching that.

Comment

Originally posted by EdenSG View Post
                        Yep, Sheppard and Ronon on a beach and surfing. Yep, I would definitely enjoy watching that.
                        Hmmm, and why would that be, I wonder?
                        (Maybe they need some help with the sunblock?)

[Insert innocent whistling here.]
                        sigpic
                        Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

Originally posted by EdenSG View Post

So I would add camping and surfing to the list. Actually I would have loved to seen Sheppard teaching Ronon how to surf. Yep, Sheppard and Ronon on a beach and surfing. Yep, I would definitely enjoy watching that.
                          i would have see that .

Sheppard: golf, video games (that involve guns), sims
                          mckay: board games (triva games mostly), sims
                          ronon: tv watching (its a hobbie), boxing
                          teyla: knitting, dancing, yoga
                          carson: cooking (i really can see him cooking something)
                          keller: skiing (seems the type), reading
                          sigpic

Comment

Sheppard: Golf, 1st person shoot 'em ups, definitely sims given his fascination for the Ancient simulation that turned out to be something else.
                            McKay: Sims, problem solving, chess, detective clubs (think Cluedo but for real rather than a board game, all that's missing is a real corpse), science-fiction.
                            Ronon: figting in any form, TV shows from Earth.
                            Teyla: Dancing, poetry, yoga, transcendental meditation.
                            Beckett: Fishing, camping, cooking on an open fire.
                            Ford: Target practice, video games.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by carmencatalina View Post
                              Hmmm, and why would that be, I wonder?
                              (Maybe they need some help with the sunblock?)

[Insert innocent whistling here.]
                              The characters can have their hobbies - and I can have mine.

Comment

Working...
                              X