X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TJStarbuck
    replied
    If it were shown through continuity in other episodes, Rodney earning back their trust and trying to cope with the damage he did, it would be very satisfying to see.
    For some bizarre reason, apparently "adventure" and "drama" don't mix, at least in the world of Stargate.[/QUOTE]

That would be why we have fanfic. Fills in the gaps. I would have really liked to see Rodney earning back their trust. Especially Sheppards. Sometimes I feel they really do skimp on the emotion. But then I read posts from people who all they want to see is the action, so I guess the writers are trying to find a happy balance.

Leave a comment:

• smushybird
    replied
    Originally posted by Juice
    So in Season 3 he needs to cause a big mistake with some implications ideally someone dying. This could coincide with Carter being in Atlantis taking over his slot in the team while he is punished.
    Rodney was punished and worse than I think some sort of official reprimand or demotion could have punished him. Weir was pissed at him, Zelenka was ticked off too, and Rodney nearly lost Sheppard's trust altogether. That, for someone who has as much trouble making friends as Rodney does, would be devestating if you ask me. In addition, he has to live with Collins' death, so I think that the only punishment that matters has already been well and truly delivered.

If it were shown through continuity in other episodes, Rodney earning back their trust and trying to cope with the damage he did, it would be very satisfying to see.
    For some bizarre reason, apparently "adventure" and "drama" don't mix, at least in the world of Stargate.

Leave a comment:

• PG15
    replied
    Originally posted by Drwho'srose
    Haha, out on a limb and loving it! Rodney needs Sheppard...get a clue.

Also folks we do have a disscussion thread for Rodney McKay! Use it people.
    Well, of course I knew what alfirin meant. I'm not that much of a n00b.

Leave a comment:

• candiceg
    replied
    OK: The getting laid thing strays from the point, but how's this - take a page out of Enterprise and send Rodney and Sheppard to have some relaxation time on some planet, with alien woman in a bar. See what happens. Should be OK: Zelenka and Lorne are capable of looking after things. But seriously people, poor Rodney. I mean he is so highly strung, if he doesn't have a holiday and eat soon he'll have a seizure when he has another fit of genius! Poor guy.

Check this out: http://enterentropywithcandice.blogspot.com/

Leave a comment:

• NakedJehutyV2
    replied
    he needs to get laid

Leave a comment:

• alfirin_kirinki
    replied
    Originally posted by PG15
    Is that what you meant?
    Ahem. Not entirely. But I should imagine that those women are making him terribly jealous...

Leave a comment:

• Willow'sCat
    replied
    Originally posted by PG15

Is that what you meant?
    Haha, out on a limb and loving it! Rodney needs Sheppard...get a clue.

Also folks we do have a disscussion thread for Rodney McKay! Use it people.

Leave a comment:

• PG15
    replied
    Originally posted by alfirin_kirinki
    ~mutters what may have been something about Lt. Col. Sheppard~
    Most definately. All the women Shep's getting should be going to Rodney, the poor trooper.

Is that what you meant?

Leave a comment:

• alfirin_kirinki
    replied
    Originally posted by Drwho'srose
    this McKay the one we have in SGA, may be shown to be wussy for laughs, but when he needs to be the stand up guy he is, despite the fact he is scared.
    It's all fuelled by his self-doubt; he doesn't believe he can do it, but if you throw him into the situation where his life or the life of those he cares about are involved, he will damnwell try if it kills him.

And, had such events gone wrong in the past, it may well have done.

Maybe he just secretly knows he's the show's lynchpin and is, as such, INVULNERABLE.

Leave a comment:

• alfirin_kirinki
    replied
    Originally posted by the Fifth Race
    Rodney seriously needs a love interest in his life, that guy has more pent up angst and emotion than anyone.
    ~mutters what may have been something about Lt. Col. Sheppard~

Leave a comment:

• TJStarbuck
    replied
    I totally agree. But I would like to see an ep. where Rodney has to deal with a relationship like Sheppard has. Some woman that comes in and makes major moves on him. There was the ep. The Brotherhood where the gal was interested, but then she had to betray him in the interests of her people. Sheppard gets women dropping their clothes and telling him she'd already dreamed they'd make love!!
    Can you see Rodney's face if some woman dropped her clothes in front of him!!

Leave a comment:

• the Fifth Race
    replied
    Originally posted by prion
    But why we would want a more mellow ROdney??

LOL,, very true prion!, a mellow Rodney most likely equals a much less entertaining Rodney.

Leave a comment:

• prion
    replied
    Originally posted by the Fifth Race
    You would think that with his brain power and his ability to figure things out better than anyone short of Carter, they would be more careful with how they send him on all these potentially dangerous missions.

Rodney seriously needs a love interest in his life, that guy has more pent up angst and emotion than anyone. The love of a good woman would go along way in making him more normal or at least more mellow.
    But why we would want a more mellow ROdney??

Leave a comment:

• the Fifth Race
    replied
    You would think that with his brain power and his ability to figure things out better than anyone short of Carter, they would be more careful with how they send him on all these potentially dangerous missions.

Rodney seriously needs a love interest in his life, that guy has more pent up angst and emotion than anyone. The love of a good woman would go along way in making him more normal or at least more mellow.

Leave a comment:

• MarshAngel
    replied
    I feel these events should reflect on his character too but to be quite honest, that kind of thing does not seem to be the forte of TPTB. They have a tendency to leave character drama in the episode it aired rather than carry it over to the next. They depend on us to remember, for the sake of the character but they don't usually allow for repercussions in any more episodes after they feel they've dealt with an event and wrapped it up.

This is one of those things that should have been different about Atlantis as compared to SG1. Both shows are very episodic in nature but I think we can handle a little bit of drama without taking away from that.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X