This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Juice
    So in Season 3 he needs to cause a big mistake with some implications ideally someone dying. This could coincide with Carter being in Atlantis taking over his slot in the team while he is punished.
    Rodney was punished and worse than I think some sort of official reprimand or demotion could have punished him. Weir was pissed at him, Zelenka was ticked off too, and Rodney nearly lost Sheppard's trust altogether. That, for someone who has as much trouble making friends as Rodney does, would be devestating if you ask me. In addition, he has to live with Collins' death, so I think that the only punishment that matters has already been well and truly delivered.

If it were shown through continuity in other episodes, Rodney earning back their trust and trying to cope with the damage he did, it would be very satisfying to see.
    For some bizarre reason, apparently "adventure" and "drama" don't mix, at least in the world of Stargate.

Comment

If it were shown through continuity in other episodes, Rodney earning back their trust and trying to cope with the damage he did, it would be very satisfying to see.
      For some bizarre reason, apparently "adventure" and "drama" don't mix, at least in the world of Stargate.[/QUOTE]

That would be why we have fanfic. Fills in the gaps. I would have really liked to see Rodney earning back their trust. Especially Sheppards. Sometimes I feel they really do skimp on the emotion. But then I read posts from people who all they want to see is the action, so I guess the writers are trying to find a happy balance.
      TJ
      Knowledge is Never Wasted.

Comment

Working...
      X