This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Else Notice?

Um, Not That SGA Isn't a Terrific and Excellent show.
    But,
    Theres The But.
    The Wraith Never dialled atlantis because they knew they couldn't get through (the Sheild) but after the seige why didn't they go to atlantis and get all the antient tech/info and ships and etc.
    Anyone notice?

D'OH!
    All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
    Pay it forward

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyMckay
      Um, Not That SGA Isn't a Terrific and Excellent show.
      But,
      Theres The But.
      The Wraith Never dialled atlantis because they knew they couldn't get through (the Sheild) but after the seige why didn't they go to atlantis and get all the antient tech/info and ships and etc.
      Anyone notice?
      Because Janus locks the Stargate to any address bar Earth in 'Before I Sleep'.
      Simple

Comment

Originally posted by Lightsabre
        Because Janus locks the Stargate to any address bar Earth in 'Before I Sleep'.
        Simple
        That expired after the gate received a wormhole from Earth. Otherwise no team would be able to get back to Atlantis.
        sigpic
        In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

I think the author of this thread is refering to after the Ancients left for the Milky Way why didn't the Wraith continue the assualt on Atlantis. Eventually the sheild would have given way and they could have salvaged something...unless their truly is some truth to the "Wraith hate Salt Water" theory

Comment

Originally posted by AzMcNeil
            I think the author of this thread is refering to after the Ancients left for the Milky Way why didn't the Wraith continue the assualt on Atlantis. Eventually the sheild would have given way and they could have salvaged something...unless their truly is some truth to the "Wraith hate Salt Water" theory
            Ah, sorry I thought they meant at the time of the series... In that case, yes the Wraith would have never been able to dial the gate... Which does add some credibility to the "Wraith hate Salt Water" theory.
            sigpic
            In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

They must be terrilbly alergic to salt water, remember that Wrath they got Ford in the Seige 3
              Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Maybe they don;t have the address.
                I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger
                  Maybe they don;t have the address.
                  well remember in lost city sam said she could get somewhere with the gate address so they use the symbols from the stargate to plot the way there so they should know the address.

Comment

Why didn't the Wraith continue the assault. Heck if I know! The water served as a filter, their energy weapons were probably deflected by the ocean, they couldn't dial Atlantis, I wonder how many of them it took to go squish, before they realized that one, ha, for that matter, how long did it take for them to break orbit, and leave the system completely, we need some answers for these question don't we?

Comment

I have to agree with the consesus that these questions haven't been answered to satisfaction and really need to be addressed.

While we are on the subject of possible serious plotholes i'd like to get peoples opinion on another thats been bothering me.

Has any one else noticed that using the rules of time travel the producers of the show have established, then they should beable to use the timeship to create as many ZPM's as they need

Comment

Atlantis was under a shield. If the wraith had kept firing until they brought the shield down then the pressure of the ocean would have destroyed the city. In Before I Sleep, the first time they when through the gate the shield failed and the city flooded. In The Rising McKay said the city was sacrificing parts of itself to protect the tower where the command center and gate were.

I wonder how many wraith were still alive by the time the Ancients left the city? Might they have thought a few of the ancients stayed behind to watch over the city?
                        "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
                        'Eleanor Roosevelt'
                        Individuality is freedom lived.
                        'Janis Joplin'

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantis1
                          In The Rising McKay said the city was sacrificing parts of itself to protect the tower where the command center and gate were.
                          It was Before i sleep, the city was sacrificing parts to save the expedition not the tower
                          The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Originally posted by AzMcNeil
                            Who is to say that the Alterans did not pull off a
                            Spoiler:
                            Sort of stunt used in Siege 3? Faking a self destruct would mean the Wraith would not even know it is there?
                            The Advertisements MGM never wants you to see!!

Comment

Originally posted by Eoin
                              It was Before i sleep, the city was sacrificing parts to save the expedition not the tower
                              Considering most of the expedition drowned. (Like Sumner) thats not likely.
                              sigpic
                              Banner By JME2

Comment

Working...
                              X