John Sheppard Whump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
    Wow. How flipping dedicated am I? I've just interviewed a candidate! I called him at 7pm his time... midnight my time!

He is an *awesome* candidate for the role I'm working on, best of the bunch, and I want to get candidate details sent to the company tomorrow morning so that they're there waiting for them when they come into work in the US... so I had to speak to this guy today! He couldn't talk earlier so I agreed to call him tonight... I've just spent half an hour on the phone and another half an hour typing up my notes!

And the thing is... I love it! Just goes to show how motivated and excited you can be about your work when you are given a chance to prove yourself... I'm really keen to show the company how well I can do in this role. Heck, I was giddy with excitement driving home because I'd managed to contact this guy and agree to call him back at midnight for the interview! *feels a bit of a sad geek having written that!*

Thing is, now I feel wide awake cos I'm all excited again about how perfect this guy is for the role!
    Ali that's fantastic. I'm happy that you are so excited. I think it's rare these days that people like there job and I'm glad you do.

It sure is quiet in here tonight.
    sigpic

Rotating SIGs by Pegasus_SGA
    &
    AVI by *ERIKA*

Comment

Before I head off to bed, I must add my congrats to Linzi on a great post on JM's blog. It would be nice if people heeded it but .....oh well.

Off to dreamland for me. I hope I have a whump one.

Night all!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sherryw View Post

Spoiler:
        I suppose we could always get it legally from ITunes if someone has it on there laptop. We really are desperate aren't we. I'm still holding out that they are going to play the episode at the con. As I mentioned before they did that in Chicago. They played CG (it had aired that Friday night) on Saturday afternoon and they played the SG1 episode on Sunday. So maybe they will do it there. I couldn't believe how quiet it was in that room when it was on.

The one downside is that the NJ Con hotel doesn't get SciFi I'm fine with DVRing and watching when I get home, but if it's Travellers, I'll cry!

I just watched 2 Mission Directives on one of the S2 DVDs - what fun seeing all the sets that I was just on! Sigh. A week ago right now, we left the set
        sigpic
        Read about my SGA set visit at My LiveJournal - June 2007

Comment

Sorry, I lost all the quotes, so this is going to be very disjointed!

Elflinn! I am sorry to hear about your surgery being postponed! One of my nieces does not feel pain. She isn't diabetic, but was brain damaged at birth. She has had all kinds of injuries, but just doesn't feel it. We have to be very careful with her.

Hockey?! Yikes! We had nice black shorts and white ****s for PE in San Antonio. But, in Australia, it was bloomers with skirt and top. Bottle green, no less.

Love you LJ, IF. I need to do that to mine, too.

Caty, snd your DVDs back. Say they were a gift for a family member and were just opened. They may replace them.

Well done, Ali!!! I wish I could get a job I was as excited about.

Good luck on the inspection, Strinam!

Now I am going to check out Linzi's post on JM's blog and watch the Spacey's vid. Got it to download at work.

Comment

ARGH!!!!! Someone have any strong pliers that can pull out some teeth??? God, I am in agony here, I want to die. Think I'll try to load up on some OTC pain meds and go to bed early. *cries*
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Salty View Post
              The one downside is that the NJ Con hotel doesn't get SciFi I'm fine with DVRing and watching when I get home, but if it's Travellers, I'll cry!

I just watched 2 Mission Directives on one of the S2 DVDs - what fun seeing all the sets that I was just on! Sigh. A week ago right now, we left the set
              Ooohk, that would suck if TRAVELERS was on that weekend.... but I'll be DVRing it too

Comment

It was an interesting day today! OT:
                Spoiler:
                I got an email and a phone call from the school system today that the rumor of a bomb on a bus was false. A school in a neighboring town had a bomb scare and the story travelled that it involved our schools as well. Which was incorrect and there's an investigation now. Kinda scary thinking of SaltyJr at school and the possibility of this. I didn't even ask him if he heard anything when he came home because I didn't want to freak him out.

Wow, that sort of reminds me of when I went to high school. we were always getting bomb scares (it was the 70s, after all) and we got one at work later on in the 70s and the IT (programmers back then) refused to leave as they were in the middle of programming. aieee...

Have you all ever thought of how whump discussions must go in the writers room? Do they sit around the table and say "well, the fans want to see Sheppard beaten so in this scene here let's have the bad guy hit him with a stick" And then during the read-throughs, is it "Hey Joe, here's where you get hit and we'll add blood on your head and dripping down your cheek" Do you think they discuss whump as whump?
                I just want to see Shep look as banged up as Mitchell did in that shot JM had on his blog. I mean, really, is it too much to ask? AFter all, some head wounds can bleed copiously with little damage. I got bangedin the head with a TV antannae (the big thing, don't ask how) and got a deep one inch cut but there was little bleeding.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                  Ooohk, that would suck if TRAVELERS was on that weekend.... but I'll be DVRing it too

*sigh...* i'll just be using the trusty VHS to record.....
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
                    Before I head off to bed, I must add my congrats to Linzi on a great post on JM's blog. It would be nice if people heeded it but .....oh well.

Off to dreamland for me. I hope I have a whump one.

Night all!
                    Night Pocus and I have to agree with you....great posts Linzi and Ali.
                    sigpic

&
                    AVI by *ERIKA*

Comment

What I mean by watching it...was they set up a screen at the front of the room and played it on the big screen so everyone in the con room could watch it.

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
                      ARGH!!!!! Someone have any strong pliers that can pull out some teeth??? God, I am in agony here, I want to die. Think I'll try to load up on some OTC pain meds and go to bed early. *cries*
                      Ouch poor GG. It seems like the whumpers have been whumping themselves lately.

*sigh...* i'll just be using the trusty VHS to record.....
                      I probably won't even be able to record it since we only have one digital box and it's downstairs where the remote clicking hubby sits. *sighs*

So it looks like JM didn't post any pics today, do you think it was because of someone complaining about spoilers? It's amazing how one person ruins it for the rest of us.
                      sigpic

&
                      AVI by *ERIKA*

Comment

You coming again???

I just want to see Shep look as banged up as Mitchell did in that shot JM had on his blog. I mean, really, is it too much to ask? AFter all, some head wounds can bleed copiously with little damage. I got bangedin the head with a TV antannae (the big thing, don't ask how) and got a deep one inch cut but there was little bleeding.
                        And Mitchell got good whump in
                        Spoiler:
                        Talion. It even lasted with a nice big bruise on his forehead!
                        We did get to see the blood being applied to Sheppard on JM's blog - maybe there's more waiting in the wings for us!
                        sigpic

Comment

Ow, GG! I hope it gets better fast!

Linzi, great post on JM's blog! It will go right over their heads, sad to say. Yours, too, Ali.

Goodnight, Pocus!

Well, I know the whole Sapcey's vid dled at work. At least I think it did. Only half of it copied to the disk, though. Grr. I go to a class tomorrow, so I have to wait until Thrursday to try again. Grr.

I think I need to go eat dinner now. Grr.

Comment

Originally posted by sherryw View Post
                            What I mean by watching it...was they set up a screen at the front of the room and played it on the big screen so everyone in the con room could watch it.

Ouch poor GG. It seems like the whumpers have been whumping themselves lately.

I probably won't even be able to record it since we only have one digital box and it's downstairs where the remote clicking hubby sits. *sighs*

So it looks like JM didn't post any pics today, do you think it was because of someone complaining about spoilers? It's amazing how one person ruins it for the rest of us.

Well, they didn't do that in 2005 and we were there the weekend of Duet. WWLH and I had seen it at home since we only went Sat & Sun but everyone else there hadn't seen it.

Someone complained about spoilers? It wasn't me!! If someone wants to avoid spoilers, they shouldn't be reading his blog to begin with.
                            sigpic

Comment

((((((((GG)))))))) Where's Erika??? I have enormous sympathy for you after my root canal 2 months ago!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Well, they didn't do that in 2005 and we were there the weekend of Duet. WWLH and I had seen it at home since we only went Sat & Sun but everyone else there hadn't seen it.

Someone complained about spoilers? It wasn't me!! If someone wants to avoid spoilers, they shouldn't be reading his blog to begin with.
                                Nope it wasn't anyone from this thread. In fact is was the individual that Linzi replied to ever so nicely. Well done again.

I have a feeling that we aren't going to miss Travelers. If the Season starts in September or end of september we should have plenty of time to see it. T is airing 4th right? I keep forgetting. I'm a terrible whumper.
                                sigpic

&
                                AVI by *ERIKA*

Comment

Working...
                                X