This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MGM convention news

Unaware of other posting, so please ignore.
    Last edited by BackStageJim; 25 December 2004, 03:19 PM.
    The very young, do not always do what they are told.

"To me, my board" - Silver Surfer

This is already getting talked about in the Gatecon thread. Check out pages 4 onwards.

But I'd like to answer a couple of the things mentioned here:

to allow attendees unprecedented access to our sets, stars and behind the scenes talent
    Erm... has someone forgotten the hundreds of people that have already visited the set as part of Gatecon? Or the behind the scenes folks who have been to conventions all over the world? I also doubt very much there will be unprecedented access to the stars. Never been to Creation myself, but everything I've heard indicates you get less contact with the guests than at other cons.

Please know that this celebration will have the full and active support of the studio and the production teams, guaranteeing attendees a uniquely entertaining weekend, unlike any other fan convention that has been held before.
    They forgotten how the folks at Bridge have been supporting charity efforts for years, by running set visits and providing stuff for auction? Or maybe what's 'unlike any other fan convention' is that it's exactly the same, except it won't be raising so much money for charity!

Oh, and there will also be no photos on the set. Probably because they'll be rushing folks through in an hour what took 2 at the last Gatecon. So no time to play on the set, and no pics...

OK, I'm being negative. To be positive... it would be great if both cons could exist side by side. But there's bound to be competition. And this is talking as if something is brand shiny new, and in fact it's just a copy of something that's been done for years, minus the massive amounts of charity fundraising.
    My 100 Mile Challenge!

Comment

Working...
    X