This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coming back to SG-1 Because of Ben Browder

I used to watch it for years with my niece every time it was on, back when it was originally only on Showtime and then syndication, but lost interest soon after the introduction of the Replicators. But this morning I heard that Ben Browder will be joining as a regular to the show and basically I let out a big WHOOP!

So now I'm stuck in a dilemma. How fast can I catch up 3 seasons before the 9th begins? :lol

So please bear with me if I pop in with a question or two.
    My guilty pleasures.

Now...What Am I Offered For All Of The Powers In The Universe?
    A giant swirling headstone, marking the spot where we all used to live and play and slaughter the innocent.

New Vids: Superstar & Chosen Path

One word: DVDs.
    Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

That I figured since the 7th season is out on DVD. The problem with that is money. I guess I'll be pinching more pennies after xmas is over with.
      My guilty pleasures.

A giant swirling headstone, marking the spot where we all used to live and play and slaughter the innocent.

Comment

Three seasons takes me 6 days at most if I'm not working.

Comment

Originally posted by kazbaby
          I used to watch it for years with my niece every time it was on, back when it was originally only on Showtime and then syndication, but lost interest soon after the introduction of the Replicators. But this morning I heard that Ben Browder will be joining as a regular to the show and basically I let out a big WHOOP!

So now I'm stuck in a dilemma. How fast can I catch up 3 seasons before the 9th begins? :lol

So please bear with me if I pop in with a question or two.
          who is(?will be?) Ben Browder playing
          MSG Me If You Can Answer This:
          I have a 720p tv, and i have plugged my xbox into it and it gives me the option choose between 480p, 720p, 1080p, and 1080i display settings. I'm not really sure which one to choose on it, I know not to use the 480 setting, and obviously my tv only plays 720, but what if i set it to 1080? would the quality degrade? i cant rly notice a difference when i set it higher but maybe one who is more knowledgeable could tell me what im missing?

Comment

Originally posted by corey2002
            who is(?will be?) Ben Browder playing
            Nobody knows yet.
            Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Am I the only one who thinks this is going to be a little weird? He looks too much like Michael Shanks. I can't imagine who he'll be on the show. It seems like he would have to have a pretty big role if he's a regular. I hope it's not as the 4th member of SG1. I like Ben Browder & all, but it just seems....odd.
              e7of7

"It's not having what you want. It's wanting what you've got." - Sheryl Crow

Comment

Originally posted by e7of7
                Am I the only one who thinks this is going to be a little weird? He looks too much like Michael Shanks. I can't imagine who he'll be on the show. It seems like he would have to have a pretty big role if he's a regular. I hope it's not as the 4th member of SG1. I like Ben Browder & all, but it just seems....odd.
                i agree-it would be too wierd-especially after o'neill sayed that he was keeping sg1 a 3 man team
                MSG Me If You Can Answer This:
                I have a 720p tv, and i have plugged my xbox into it and it gives me the option choose between 480p, 720p, 1080p, and 1080i display settings. I'm not really sure which one to choose on it, I know not to use the 480 setting, and obviously my tv only plays 720, but what if i set it to 1080? would the quality degrade? i cant rly notice a difference when i set it higher but maybe one who is more knowledgeable could tell me what im missing?

Comment

Who the hell is Ben Browder...what has he been in before? Anyone want to paste a pic?

Comment

Originally posted by AzMcNeil
                    Who the hell is Ben Browder...what has he been in before? Anyone want to paste a pic?
                    im with you

Comment

Ben Browder stared for 4 years on Farscape. He's shown tremedous acting abilities and range in this role. If you don't know what Farcape is, just click on the banner in my sig that says John Crichton.

There's an article on the frontpage here about him joining the cast.

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2004/1...argatesg.shtml
                      Last edited by kazbaby; 15 December 2004, 12:37 PM.
                      My guilty pleasures.

Comment

This is a picture of Ben.
                        My guilty pleasures.

Comment

Whoa, this is great news. Hopefully he'll be replacing O'Niell on SG-1 or atleast joining the team.

Comment

Holy Crap! It's John Crighton.....deal, make him SG-1's #4 guy...I want 50 more seasons...he rocks!

Comment

Originally posted by D.C.
                              Whoa, this is great news. Hopefully he'll be replacing O'Niell on SG-1 or atleast joining the team.
                              I doubt Ben is replacing anyone. RDA wants a highly diminished role. AT wants time off as baby is arriving around the time shooting starts for the next season. TPTB need to bring in a new character to keep the ball rolling.

BB is very energetic and charismatic. Good choice to bring on board.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Working...
                              X