Weekly Crack!Fic challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekly Crack!Fic challenge

First, for those that don't know what it is, a crack!Fic is a cliched fic written deliberately 'bad'.

By 'bad' I mean written cliched. The stereotypes are exaggerated. The characterizations are over the top. It's almost a spoof.

So, the idea is, every sunday a challenge is put forth. And people write a fic, not a long fic, just one that's a few hundred words long (which is just a few pages)

You don't have to get it done in a week...maybe you take the challenge from week one and don't get it done until week four. That's fine. And you don't have to write each one. Pick and choose. The most important thing is that you have fun with it. Think of it like a creative writing assignment.

The only rule is, to be posted here (as a link) the fic MUST be no more than PG-13 rated. No smut. (sorry )

So, challenge one

The team is off world and get into trouble with the locals...how does it happen?

Remember, originality isn't necessary, pick a cliche, any cliche and have run with it.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

I don't know if it quite qualifies as trouble... (And I also seem incapable of writing anything less than one or two thousand words, but it is only 5 pages) But i ran with the cliche of the team always ending up either marrying each other, marrying a local, or coming home and owning another of the team or a native. I tried also for a few other mild cliches, like wide-eyed Daniel and workaholic Sam/Daniel.

Golden Chains PG-13, no pairings, no spoilers, early SG-1 season one or two.
    sigpic

Some people have a way with words. Others not have way.

http://www.fanfiction.net/~iamdragonrider

Comment

Originally posted by iamdragonrider View Post
      I don't know if it quite qualifies as trouble... (And I also seem incapable of writing anything less than one or two thousand words, but it is only 5 pages) But i ran with the cliche of the team always ending up either marrying each other, marrying a local, or coming home and owning another of the team or a native. I tried also for a few other mild cliches, like wide-eyed Daniel and workaholic Sam/Daniel.

Golden Chains PG-13, no pairings, no spoilers, early SG-1 season one or two.
      Very nice
      Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
      Yes, I am!
      sigpic
      Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
      Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
      Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

If no one has a challenge to issue, I'd like to offer one.

Prank gate calls.
        Wraith Humour. I has it.

Comment

Prank gate calls.
          No fair. I totally already wrote that. =)

Robert: So, do the Wraith feed on fear, or just life in general?
          Me: Just life in general. But they'd probably prefer that their victims be scared.
          Robert: So, it's like marinating them, then?

http://raethie.deviantart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Raeth View Post
            No fair. I totally already wrote that. =)
            And you've inspired the galaxy, sweet pea.
            Wraith Humour. I has it.

Comment

Originally posted by Heqet View Post
              If no one has a challenge to issue, I'd like to offer one.

Prank gate calls.
              we'll keep that for next week.

sigpic

Comment

My entry for the challenge! (I presume that by team, you mean the Atlantis team aswell?)

Planet of the Gapes is a season two or three Atlantis fic, no pairings or spoilers, and full of clichés. It's PG to PG-13.

Comment

Originally posted by Fandom Addict View Post
                  My entry for the challenge! (I presume that by team, you mean the Atlantis team aswell?)

Planet of the Gapes is a season two or three Atlantis fic, no pairings or spoilers, and full of clichés. It's PG to PG-13.
                  ...How very...Harmony

Makes you kinda wonder, were TPTB writing crack when they wrote that episode!
                  Yes, I am!
                  sigpic
                  Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                  Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

'team' can mean SGA or SG1

what we'll try to do is have a crack challenge to be either multi show or make a 'daniel does....' 'mckay does....'

since the show shares some character types, if the challenge is based around a character type (doctor, lead, alien, geek, etc) we'll make the challenge fit either show

sigpic

Comment

I admit, mine's not as much crack as downright parody. I was in a bad mood and being evil made me feel better.

It Was A Cold And Stormy Night, technically PG but there is a character death so PG13, erm, anywhere between seasons 1-5, I guess. Could also be 7.
                      Yes, I am!
                      sigpic
                      Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                        I admit, mine's not as much crack as downright parody. I was in a bad mood and being evil made me feel better.

It Was A Cold And Stormy Night, technically PG but there is a character death so PG13, erm, anywhere between seasons 1-5, I guess. Could also be 7.
                        Very funny.

You helped to lighten my bad mood. So thanks.
                        Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
                        Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

Originally posted by Khentkawes View Post
                          Very funny.

You helped to lighten my bad mood. So thanks.
                          Then my job here is done cheers.
                          Yes, I am!
                          sigpic
                          Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Awsome fics Pirty & Fandom Addict. really good

I've never written fanfic before but i might try to write something.
                            GOODBYE GATEWORLD. BEEN FUN TAKE CARE ALL!!

Comment

more the merrier. give it a try

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X