Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You could ... listen to last week's podcast while the show is airing, but it would be incredibly distracting. It's not a real-time commentary of the episode.

(That is something we'd like to do, though!)
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by MIZA View Post
      thank you for that, also so can you watch it live with the show when it airs at the same time , i hope that makes sense
      like darren said you could but the podcast is basically darren and davids personal take on the episode?

darren
      question when Atlantis ends would you considering discussing past eps from sg1 and sga???
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
        like darren said you could but the podcast is basically darren and davids personal take on the episode?

darren
        question when Atlantis ends would you considering discussing past eps from sg1 and sga???
        or seasons?
        sigpic
        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
          or seasons?
          that's what i was trying to convey

Comment

that's what i was trying to convey
            oh ok sorry
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
              oh ok sorry
              i need a vacation

Comment

i need a vacation
                don't we all?
                sigpic

Comment

Episode #15 is now available!

GateWorld Forum moderator Tame Farrar is back for another episode of the GateWorld Podcast! Tame joins Darren and David in our discussion of the latest episode of Stargate Atlantis, "Outsiders." We'll talk about the Wraith, the on-going Hoffan drug story -- and, of course, the heroic role of Carson Beckett.

Also this week:

Preview! Podcast listeners get an exclusive preview of this week's interview with actor Colin Cunningham ("Major Davis").

News! Breaking news from the Stargate universe

Features! The latest special features from GateWorld

Listener Mail! Listeners share their opinions on the Wraith.

Listener Question: Clips shows like this Friday's episode "Inquisition" often get a bad rap, but Stargate usually does them rather well. Which clips show from the history of SG-1 or Atlantis has been your favorite, and why do you like it?

CALL US! You can call the hotline and leave us a voicemail any time, day or night. Tell us what you thought of the newest Atlantis episode, answer the weekly listener question, leave feedback on the podcast itself, or talk about anything you want.

Dial: 616-712-1647 (long distance rates apply)

Thanks to everyone for listening and contributing!

Comment

Apophis for President YAY!!! Had I but known that was on before me ...I would have touted him

Thank for letting me take over the show and don't forget that fan mail folks Darren's trash bin can't hold that much
                    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                      Listener Question: Clips shows like this Friday's episode "Inquisition" often get a bad rap, but Stargate usually does them rather well. Which clips show from the history of SG-1 or Atlantis has been your favorite, and why do you like it?
                      My all time favourite clip show has to be Politics. I loved it because was part of an amazing 4-story ark that started with There but for the Grace of God and ended with The Serpent's Lair. I also love the conflict between Kinsey and the other characters, especially the "Barbarians at the gate" scene.
                      Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Hey guys, I have to listen to the new podcast tonight but I wanted to add my 2 cents toward the question of the week (I love these. Can you tell?):

I have never liked clip shows since the days of watching "Family Ties" and feeling gypped out of a new episode. Stargate however has found a way to make them fun to watch since the story around the old clips are a new story that feels relevant and important. Though I have a different favorite every week, if I had to pick a favorite today it would have to be "Citizen Joe" for the simple fact that we get some insight to Jack, his comfortable, flirty relationship with Carter, the fact that he's seen through Joes eyes for the past 8 years plus the personal triumph for RDA getting to work with Dan Castellaneta who voices Homer Simpson.

Thanks as always. Oh, are either of you going to Cherry Hill this Nov 7-9? If so make sure to say "Hi" ok?
                        Mac Jackson
                        Singer/Songwriter of
                        "Harmony Constant"
                        [email protected]
                        myspace.com/harmonyconstant
                        youtube.com/MacWJack
                        Our Music is at iTunes and Amazon:
                        http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...tant&x=19&y=22

Comment

I'm voting for the Tok'ra candidate this time. As for TV watching, I go for the good old 6 hour VHS tape. Just have to be sure to watch before the 6 hours to be up and have to erase.

For the question: In my opinion, Politics is the best content wise. It really focused on how important the Stargate program is and how bureaucracy gets in the way.

For a fun episode, Citizen Joe was great because of Castellaneta.

Comment

The best Stargate Clip show is, in my humble opinion, easily Atlantis's first foray into clip shows with "Letters From Pegasus". If only because of the fact that it had strong story inside it, with The whole reason for why our stars are talking about the past (The discovery of the ability to gate info back and include messages), A B-Story with Teyla and Sheppard stuck in a culling, and even Sheppard's message to Sumner's family. Perhaps it was because of the lack of real stories to tell casued this, due to it being the first season and all, but it really resonated better than a "Let's discuss SG1 with Flashbacks" seen in Inaugaration and Disclosure.

Also, excellent choice for the Topic in the break, if I do say so myself. Just one question, will you be chatting about Grodin at all?

Comment

We'd actually like YOU (plural) to tell us which of the "characters we lost too soon" you want us to talk about. We may not get to them all, but it would be great to find out which characters are important to the regular listeners of the podcast!

So, that's one vote for Grodin ...

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                                We'd actually like YOU (plural) to tell us which of the "characters we lost too soon" you want us to talk about. We may not get to them all, but it would be great to find out which characters are important to the regular listeners of the podcast!

So, that's one vote for Grodin ...
                                I also thought they got rid of Grodin far too early. I was also very disappointed when they killed Kolya, he had a few more good bad guy eps in him. He was a perfect foil for Sheppard, but died in a REALLY stupid episode.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X