X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis Cast Changes Coming

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=0&id=54430

Atlantis Cast Changes Coming

The upcoming fifth season of SCI FI Channel's original series Stargate Atlantis will see the addition of a new regular cast member, the promotion of another and the departure of yet another, producers told SCI FI Wire on May 16 during a visit to the show's Vancouver, Canada, production offices.

One of the biggest changes is the addition of Robert Picardo as a regular cast regular in the role of Richard Woolsey, who takes over as the new commander of the Atlantis expedition. Picardo replaces Amanda Tapping (Col. Samantha Carter), who had to bow out of the new season as a regular cast member to devote time to her forthcoming SCI FI series Sanctuary.

Jewel Staite (Dr. Jennifer Keller), meanwhile, will become a regular cast member, a promotion from her status as a recurring cast member. Staite described Keller as growing more comfortable with her place in Atlantis this season. "She steps up to the plate a little bit more," Staite said in an interview. "She's becoming more courageous."

Former regular cast member and fan favorite Paul McGillion, who appeared briefly last season, will return once more to play Dr. Carson Beckett--or at least his clone. (Spoilers ahead!) Beckett was left in stasis at the end of season four, but will reappear for five episodes in the new season.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Jewel will make a good contribution to the team, as we saw in season 4/
    Robert will cause a lot of controversy, which i believe the writers wanted, but unfortunately we lose Amanda.
    Also the return of Paul is awesome.
    And finally (spoiler) I can't wait for Michael Shanks to come on to Atlantis for the mid season breaker. He'll surely help the teams bonds become stronger and delve deeper into character relationships.
    Thanks to the CT team sigpic

Comment

your title scared me i thought the season 5 cast was get split up again
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
        your title scared me i thought the season 5 cast was get split up again
        LOL, yeah Scifi wire usually just reports old news as new news.
        sigpic

Comment

I hope Ronon will stay for season 6, if they will make a new season.
          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

» I still want back

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
              They are also speaking to a broader audience. While hardcore fans may have already been aware of these changes, casual viewers who don't come to this site, probably were unaware.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                Sad, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                  Sad, isn't it?
                  Yup. That is why I usually check NBCU Village, Variety, and of course Joe M's blog for the most recent news. Variety was the one who announced the Season 5 renewal way before anyone else.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X