• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Broken Ties" (503) Pre-Airing Discussion/Speculation Thread

Writer: Joe Mallozzi
    Director: Ken Girroti

---

JM has revealed another (maybe) episode title for Season 5!

And so, despite the fact that my mother and sister are in town, we’re only days away from celebrating Christmas, and I have a first draft of Broken Ties in hand, my mind is far from on holiday mode. If it’s not worrying about the tighter shooting schedule or whether or not Mark D. will be available for a return engagement, it’s fretting over motherhood issues or a red giant’s gravitational pull.
    http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...and-chocolate/

As always, JM can be tricky. Those intriguing hints following the episode title may not be from this episode...or they may be!

Discuss!
    Last edited by PG15; 05 March 2008, 05:05 PM.

My first thought at the title was that this might be the ep that Jason Mamoa was talking about where Ronon "goes darkside" or whatever. The thing about Mark D. could either strengthen or weaken my initial thought depending on how you look at it. I had thought "Broken Ties" would refer to Ronon breaking ties with Atlantis. So you could look at it like Tyre is involved with Ronon's transformation to the darkside, or you could look at it that Tyre's involvement would debunk that and that the "broken ties" are Between Ronon and Tyre.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
      My first thought at the title was that this might be the ep that Jason Mamoa was talking about where Ronon "goes darkside" or whatever. The thing about Mark D. could either strengthen or weaken my initial thought depending on how you look at it. I had thought "Broken Ties" would refer to Ronon breaking ties with Atlantis. So you could look at it like Tyre is involved with Ronon's transformation to the darkside, or you could look at it that Tyre's involvement would debunk that and that the "broken ties" are Between Ronon and Tyre.
      Same here.

Comment

I was hoping we would get to see something along this road again.

Comment

Originally posted by ussrelativity View Post
          I was hoping we would get to see something along this road again.
          again?
          sigpic
          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
            again?
            I'm referring to Ronon encountering Satedans again.

Comment

I'm referring to Ronon encountering Satedans again.
              oh ok sry I thought you were talking about Ronon going 'dark side' again
              sigpic
              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                again?
                All of a sudden I had a flashback to "Lifeboat" with your post.
                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                  JM has revealed another (maybe) episode title for Season 5!

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...and-chocolate/

As always, JM can be tricky. Those intriguing hints following the episode title may not be from this episode...or they may be!

Discuss!
                  SOunds interesting but what's this about a tighter shooting schedule?

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                    SOunds interesting but what's this about a tighter shooting schedule?
                    It may have to do with cast availability.

Comment

It may have to do with cast availability.
                      Hmm possible especially if the SAG strikes as many of the casst belong to it. I can't wait till an officall conformation of who is returning.

Comment

I think Ronon should go to his dark side for 3-4 episode. You know I love Atlantis, but I miss the real feelings between the expedition member. So if Ronon had problem with Carter, they should continue it in other episodes etc.
                        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                          I think Ronon should go to his dark side for 3-4 episode. You know I love Atlantis, but I miss the real feelings between the expedition member. So if Ronon had problem with Carter, they should continue it in other episodes etc.
                          I do know he has has somewhat of a problem, perhaps it may become more extensive next season. Or perhaps later this season.

Comment

I would like to see more debate between the team members. I won't change the show into BSG, but the darker tone should appear in their relationship too, because it will be boring if they love each other and everyone accept every decision.
                            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                              I would like to see more debate between the team members. I won't change the show into BSG, but the darker tone should appear in their relationship too, because it will be boring if they love each other and everyone accept every decision.
                              We've already had a taste of that with Shep so I think you'll get your wish.

Comment

Working...
                              X