This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whatever happened to the Daedalus?

I just watched all three seasons of SGA again and got confused while watching the last episode. Where did Daedalus go? Is it being used by Earth now? Someone please explain..

Chances are it's somewhere between the Milky Way and the Pegasus galaxy. Basically, it wasn't available.

Comment

Wow...Real smart to attack the Asurans with just one ship available

Comment

The Daedalus might've been too far away. We knew the ships were close to launch.

Comment

But they knew for a couple of weeks that the ships were being built, so it's just stupid that they'd send the Daedalus away.

Comment

Hmm...good point. But then, what could've the Deady done anyway?

Comment

Yeah. I know i did the Daedalus and its HOT Commander.
              Janet
              sigpic

Comment

The Daedalus could've been sent to stop the beam by attacking the source, something the Apollo couldn't do because it was damaged.

Comment

It was damaged BECAUSE of the satellite shooting at it, and its missiles did nothing. How do you know it wouldn't be the same with Daedalus?

Comment

The source is on the Asuran homeworld...

Comment

Are you suggesting that the Daedalus try to take out that source?

I'm sorry, but that's suicidal. It's one thing when you launch a surprise attack, but it's quite another when you retaliate. The Asurans will know someone will be coming to stop the satellite. The Daedalus will be destroyed.

Comment

Destroyed by what? As far as we know, there aren't any planetary defenses on the Asuran homeworld since the Apollo wasn't attacked even after the Daedalus went by there a couple of times before. As far as anyone could tell, the only offensive weapon the Asurans have is that stargate beam.

Comment

The Apollo attack was a surprise one, chances are the Asurans didn't see it coming until the Horizon had been launched. They would be expecting retaliation for their satellite weapon, so I'd imagine they would set up defenses, whatever they are.

I was under the impression that Daedalus had been relatively far away from the Asurans homeworld when they it made those scans. If it wanted to attack it'll had to get much closer.

Comment

It seems to me that the Asuran city remained intact if the Daedalus was detected it would have definately been attacked, probably with drones. My idea of where the Daedalus is probably in defense of Earth, if the SG1 timeline matches up the Odyssey is traveling to the Ida galaxy leaving Earth only with the Ancient outpost as defense. It probably has returned to Earth for a restocking of supplies, and its stay was elongated. If time lines don't match up it was probably still at Earth getting supplies, with two ships they can now make deliveries of larger objects twice as frequent. Another possiblity is that it is serving as a base for the midway station construction crew.
                            Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Is the midway station goig to be a regular space staion with 2 stargates, live support, artificial gravity, ... ?
                              Or will it be only a the thing we saw in "The return"?

Comment

Working...
                              X