THRILLED about the expansion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THRILLED about the expansion

I cannot say enough things about how happy it makes me that the alternate universes forum section has been so greatly expanded. The expansion has been a very long time coming and I can't wait to see how they all play out over the next few months.

That said, minor point of curiosity. How on Earth is it Bionic Woman, a series which hasn't even started airing yet (leak aside) gets a subforum while something, for instance, as epic and colossal as say Star Wars and its expanded universe don't?
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    I cannot say enough things about how happy it makes me that the alternate universes forum section has been so greatly expanded. The expansion has been a very long time coming and I can't wait to see how they all play out over the next few months.

That said, minor point of curiosity. How on Earth is it Bionic Woman, a series which hasn't even started airing yet (leak aside) gets a subforum while something, for instance, as epic and colossal as say Star Wars and its expanded universe don't?
    That's a very good point.
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

I should probably clarify before anyone takes my initial post the wrong way--I'm not in here to demand a Star Wars subforum. As a matter of fact, I might well avoid it since Star Wars nerds tend to annoy me; in spite of my devotion to and love for SW and its EU myself.

It just struck me as a little odd that an unaired series gets its own forum while other established series with large followings (like SW, for instance) do not.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I should probably clarify before anyone takes my initial post the wrong way--I'm not in here to demand a Star Wars subforum.
        I am. The expanded universe is HUGE.

As a matter of fact, I might well avoid it since Star Wars nerds tend to annoy me; in spite of my devotion to and love for SW and its EU myself.
        Hey...

It just struck me as a little odd that an unaired series gets its own forum while other established series with large followings (like SW, for instance) do not.
        I am in agreement.
        I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
          Hey...
          It's not a hard and fast rule, just a general one. You've always struck me as being a levelheaded and decent person whenever I've seen your posts on these boards

Comment

It's not a hard and fast rule, just a general one. You've always struck me as being a levelheaded and decent person whenever I've seen your posts on these boards
            *slides beer down the bar* Y'know, it makes one wonder if adding more subforums costs Darren more money.

sigpic

Comment

Lebensraum ftw!

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

To be fair to the Bionic Woman board, there's the original series which ran for 58 episodes, and "The Six Million Dollar Man" which has 101 episodes. Plenty to talk about there even before the new series begins.
                Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

guys, as darren has said before, a show getting it's own part has a lot to do with it still being an 'live' forum. Star Wars, as great as it was, is, for all intents and purposes, dead...the movies are over.

Yes, Trek is 'dead' too..but trek has many times the quantity of stuff than Star Wars does.

you want a dedicated Star Wars area - no promises being made here - then discuss it. Prove to us that there is enough interest to keep a folder alive beyond 19 semi off topic posts a day/week on the topic.

Go and DISCUSS Star Wars and maybe darren will consider it. But if the general interest isnt' there,(and i mean interest beyond a handful of people) why waste the bandwidth?
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    guys, as darren has said before, a show getting it's own part has a lot to do with it still being an 'live' forum. Star Wars, as great as it was, is, for all intents and purposes, dead...the movies are over.

Yes, Trek is 'dead' too..but trek has many times the quantity of stuff than Star Wars does.

you want a dedicated Star Wars area - no promises being made here - then discuss it. Prove to us that there is enough interest to keep a folder alive beyond 19 semi off topic posts a day/week on the topic.

Go and DISCUSS Star Wars and maybe darren will consider it. But if the general interest isnt' there,(and i mean interest beyond a handful of people) why waste the bandwidth?
                    There is a live-action series on the way along with thousands of Star Wars games out there, and the books and the expanded universe. Maybe if we had a proper forum to discuss it instead of losing track of threads and not knowing what parts of the expanded universe to make threads on...

sigpic

Comment

There is a live-action series on the way along with thousands of Star Wars games out there, and the books and the expanded universe. Maybe if we had a proper forum to discuss it instead of losing track of threads and not knowing what parts of the expanded universe to make threads on...
                      No rudeness intended, SkyDiver, but he's right. I, personally, love reading all the new books. They provide a continuation to the saga, and are, IMHO, much better than the movies.

And the new series coming out sounds great, as well as the new Clone Wars thing.
                      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Plus I'm a big Revan fan. We need an entire INTERNET dedicated to Darth Revan. The most kick-ass Sith Lord ever. He could take Anakin any day.

sigpic

Comment

Plus I'm a big Revan fan. We need an entire INTERNET dedicated to Darth Revan. The most kick-ass Sith Lord ever. He could take Anakin any day.
                          Ah, Knights of the Old Republic... Good times, GOOD times... Although I thought KotOR II was kind of a let-down.

And then there's the New Jedi Order series... Best science fiction series in a long time, in my opinion. Dark, bad bad-guys, and very few wins for the good guys... God, I loved those books.
                          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                            Ah, Knights of the Old Republic... Good times, GOOD times... Although I thought KotOR II was kind of a let-down.
                            Yeah, KotOR II had too much cut stuff and wasn't even near finished, but of course LucasArts had to want it out by christmas The KotOR II Restoration Project is almost finished though at last.

http://www.team-gizka.org/

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                            And then there's the New Jedi Order series... Best science fiction series in a long time, in my opinion. Dark, bad bad-guys, and very few wins for the good guys... God, I loved those books.
                            Sounds very BSG. I intend to read those some day, starting with the Grand Admiral Thrawn trilogy.

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, KotOR II had too much cut stuff and wasn't even near finished, but of course LucasArts had to want it out by christmas The KotOR II Restoration Project is almost finished though at last.

http://www.team-gizka.org/

Sounds very BSG. I intend to read those some day, starting with the Grand Admiral Thrawn trilogy.
                              OMG it is almost done I've been waiting so long for it...

And yes, you MUST read the Thrawn Trilogy. Those were simply incredible books.

Comment

Working...
                              X