Appreciation for Amanda Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Appreciation for Amanda Project

Not sure if I am posting this in the right section... if I'm not, mods feel free to move it (never posted a new topic before).

A group of friends and I are starting an "Appreciation for Amanda" project. Here is the lowdown:

I really liked Amanda's latest interview - she comes across as very genuine in speaking candidly about the show, good things as well as regrets. For example: even though I'm not happy about what was mentioned about the lack of Sam and Daniel interaction this season, I'm really glad that she is like many of us in wishing there was more ... that she sees Sam and Daniel's friendship as special.

I wish there was some way of expressing our appreciation, how glad we are that she feels the same way about something a lot of us have noticed, and how we appreciate what she's done in wanting to get more (what she brought up at last summer's Shore Leave about talking to the producers and asking them to keep in the little looks, etc. between Sam and Daniel and Teal'c).

I know the show is over, but they're still doing the movies, and I think if we express our appreciation and encourage her to do what she can in support of the friendship, not just between her and Daniel but between the three of them, it might be a nice idea. I know that, in the end, TPTB do whatever the heck they want, but, in the least, this would show her that she is appreciated for her work on the show.

So, here is the deal. We'd like to get together a package to send to Amanda. It can be made up of letters, poems, fanfics (especially team ones that showcase the Sam character, or friendship fics that highlight the friendship between Sam and Teal'c and Daniel or any combo of the characters), or artwork expressing appreciation for her, the character of Sam Carter and her relationship/friendship/interaction with Daniel or relationship with Daniel and Teal'c.

As I said, a group of us are already planning to do this, and if any of you want to join us, that would be great. If you are interested, please reply or PM me and I'll give you some more details (I'll post them here anyway).

Note: This is NOT solely for anyone who ships Sam/Daniel, Sam/Teal'c, whatever... it's open to ALL who are fans of Amanda, Sam, and her friendships with her fellow teammates.

Hi Jess

I'd like to throw in my support for Amanda. I'd offer to help in any way, but I'm tied up with the Save Elizabeth campaign. But if you need me, you know where to find me!

Comment

Hey all -

First, thanks Jess for posting this on here (what I would do without you all over the place, I have no clue... I'd be even more clueless then already am).

Second, I think since the show has gone done in a very (imho) rotten way, I think this will help perk everyone up, especially Amanda, after doing that interview. We (ok I only say 'we' cause I am also helping the group behind this) will help you get your stuff into the package anyway we can. I don't know how big this thing will be, but we will do whatever we can to make sure your appriciation for Amanda and Sam doesn't get over looked!!!

*hugs*
      Christine
      Hallowed are the ORI!!! And then shoot them!!

Spoiler:

Comment

you oughta to post this in the sam's a great character thread.
        and the sam and jack ship thread as well

that's the two biggest gathering places of sam fans
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Thanks guys. I'll go visit Samanda and the S/J thread and if I don't post all the details there I'll at least post a link to this thread where they can find out more.

A few more details:

Deadline for submission is Valentine's Day, Feb. 14th.

rebelwriter03 (she of the post above) is going to be our "Unofficial PostWoman", so any letters, poems, artwork, fics, etc. that you have you can send to her (just send her or me a PM if you're interested).

If it's artwork you're submitting, right now I'd say try to keep it to 8x10 or 8.5x11" printed size, as we're thinking of putting them in a small binder with clear plastic sleeves.

More details should be coming soon.

Comment

Really a good idea!!! I really like it a lot...I am in!!!
            So we send it all to you if we make something or what??
            Well I am already thinking about what to make...Cause I think it is a good thing...after the Samanda story...this is a good idea
            Cause Amanda can use our support....

Eve

Comment

I read in the magazine "Space View" that the whole Stargate set is crazy for german chocolate and so Amanda is too.

Maybe we should send some too.

Comment

Originally posted by TheNarims View Post
                I read in the magazine "Space View" that the whole Stargate set is crazy for german chocolate and so Amanda is too.

Maybe we should send some too.
                What German chocolate if you would have said Belgium chocolate ok...but Germna and btw Chocalte you can not send that easily...well not from Belgium

Comment

I think this is a wonderful idea. I'll happily contribute - I think I have some Sam gen stuff in amongst my S/J fanfic.

Having met AT at Avalon in November, I have to say I felt she was a complete sweetheart and very genuine.
                  sigpic
                  Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                  My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                    What German chocolate if you would have said Belgium chocolate ok...but Germna and btw Chocalte you can not send that easily...well not from Belgium
                    Yes, it is really not easy to send chocolate, because it melts. It was just an idea.

Comment

You mentioned things to do with Sam/Teal'c and Sam/Daniel. Are we allowed to have stuff sent and things discussed about Sam/Jack friendship/relationship as well? Because even though Jack isn't part of SG1 now, he was an integral part for so long.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

if you're looking Amanda artwork, try starting with astro's SaGC eclectic collection. it's huge (as in 574 pages), but it's loaded with Amanda/Sam artwork. good jumping off point. (ask artists' permission of course.)

ETA: gee, maybe i should link it.
                        sigpic
                        "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                        Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

I think this is a wonderful idea Jess! I'll see if I can come up with anything

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
                            You mentioned things to do with Sam/Teal'c and Sam/Daniel. Are we allowed to have stuff sent and things discussed about Sam/Jack friendship/relationship as well? Because even though Jack isn't part of SG1 now, he was an integral part for so long.

YES!!! Jess and I discussed it and we wanted to make it absolutely clear that EVERYTHING that has to do with Sam, her relationships, her friends, her job, her team are AWESOME!!!!!

SEND EM ALL ON DOWN!!!!

I love caps.... hehe

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by TheNarims View Post
                              Yes, it is really not easy to send chocolate, because it melts. It was just an idea.
                              *perks* Chocolate? GERMAN chocolate? Um... please send!!!! No guarantees it would ever get to the cast though... I am a chocoholic, and German chocolate - *swoon thud* I wanna go visit my relitives and friends in Germany just to stock up!!!

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                              X