This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X-Box

Anyone got an X-Box? I'm thinking of getting one. There are a few cool games being released. (Fable and Jade Empire) I've got a Playstation 2, but most of the games on that system don't seem as good. Should I just hold out for the X-Box 2 to be released? Anyone know if there are any planned price cuts for the console soon?

Isn't an X-box $120USD or something like that?

You could always download an emulator and the games and test them and see if you like them.

Comment

It's $240 Australian right now. Maybe that's just the online store price. I'll have to check Electronic Boutique or something.

Comment

Why not just get Linux and find a way to make it read X-box programs? In essence, that is all it really is anyway.

Comment

It's not the same as sitting on the couch with a controller, though.

Comment

I believe there are Xbox-controllers made for PC-use. I know there are PS2-versions.

Comment

Still... it's not the same as sitting on the couch.

Comment

Dude.....HALO and HALO2....with some X-bopx Live.....you'll be good to go.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

There as a price fall in the UK to £99 two weeks on Friday back, but of course it would happen a while after I paid £140! lol I've got a Crystal one and I have a PS2 and a GameCube too yet I never buy any games for PS2 or GameCube unless they are exclusive because the Xbox is more powerful, faster, better graphics, everything the others are but more. I recommend getting one. Plus with Halo's price now falling and Halo 2 on the verge of release, the time is never better!
                  __

__

Comment

Im part of the PRFXBS army so naturaly id tell you not to get an X-Box. DO NOT GET AN X-BOX, Stick with playstation.

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

Originally posted by Replicarter
                      Im part of the PRFXBS army so naturaly id tell you not to get an X-Box. DO NOT GET AN X-BOX, Stick with playstation.

As much as I despise Microsoft themselves, I do think their Xbox is a great machine. If you know how, you can convert it to a PC too!
                      __

__

Comment

There's nothing wrong with the PS2. (Except for lots of generic games)

Comment

Originally posted by D.C.
                          There's nothing wrong with the PS2. (Except for lots of generic games)
                          Generic games? Maybe, but i think the PS2 has more variety than any other system, although not as good graphics and some other stuff as the Xbox, i enjoy PS2 games more, although some games are being spread on all of the main big systems.
                          Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
                            Generic games? Maybe, but i think the PS2 has more variety than any other system, although not as good graphics and some other stuff as the Xbox, i enjoy PS2 games more, although some games are being spread on all of the main big systems.
                            I agree, stick with PS2! all the wayyyyyy!!!. Sure X-Box might be a powerful machine. But their games lack substance, same as Gamecube (however i think Gamecube is better than X-Box coz of it's games). Trust me i have all three consoles plus a PC (which is usually essential thses days) and a GBA, and the PS2 outweights them all. You must be getting wrong games. Try FFX, GTA 3&Vice City or the upcoming San Andreas, Smackdown games on the PS2 are undisputedly the best wrestling games ever!, Gran Turismo's, Metal Gear Solid's, Resident Evil's, AFL Live's, Twisted Metal's (except 3&4 coz they were **** under a **** developer) etc... the list goes on and on of classic games that just keep coming. EVERYONE, WATCH OUT FOR SMACKDOWN VS. RAW!!!
                            What we do in life, echoes in eternity
                            - Maximus Decimus Meridas

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr

I agree that PS2 has a LOT more games than any other console, but the best ones such as Halo are on Xbox. There are some great ones on PS2 also. Overall verdict, GET BOTH!
                              __

__

Comment

Working...
                              X