This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoilers - PLEASE Specify!

This is just something that bugs me, but please can people specify when they post spoiler tags, as to the season or episode that is being spoilt. I mean, a spoiler can mean anything from S7 details, to S10 details.

Does anyone else agree?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Definitely. I mean, if you're going to make the effort to actually put tags in, is it really asking that much more to BE SPECIFIC?

I know I sometimes don't specify when I think it's obvious from the context of my post, but most of the time I clarify as much as I can.

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
      This is just something that bugs me, but please can people specify when they post spoiler tags, as to the season or episode that is being spoilt. I mean, a spoiler can mean anything from S7 details, to S10 details.

Does anyone else agree?
      I agree, as well.

It is really annoying at times to try and figure out for the context whether it is okay to look or not.

Also, the same holds for threads that say spoilers in the title, but not what they are spoilers for (although when they are in a forum for a particular season it is not so bad).

Comment

I agree, coz I recently found out something about the next ep BSG that has ruined the ep for me now
        I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
        Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

I absolutly agree- especially about spoiler tags differentiating between seasons nine and ten, and especially other shows- it's not fun to go into a thread, click on a tag because the direction of the convo seems to be something you've seen, but it ends up being something completly different! Not everyone who wants a season ten spoiler also wants a BSG spoiler, etc.

Thanks for bringing this to attention.

Comment

i'm confused .....sorry i don't understand

doi you mean something like this

seaosn 7 spolier lost city <-------------is this what you mean doing this
            and then the actaully spolier
            Spoiler:
            daniel kisses anubis :ekk:

if i understand corecty then yes i wish more people would label there spolier tags
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Mal Reynolds View Post
              i'm confused .....sorry i don't understand

doi you mean something like this

seaosn 7 spolier lost city <-------------is this what you mean doing this
              and then the actaully spolier
              Spoiler:
              daniel kisses anubis :ekk:

if i understand corecty then yes i wish more people would label there spolier tags
              Yes, like that rather than.

Talking about something, like how nice the set for Lost City is and then
              Spoiler:
              something random about Atlantis season 2

Comment

Exactly. Even worse is when it's something like this:

"Have you noticed how the goa'uld are dancing more?

Spoiler:

And then information on season 10

If posting spoilers in the General Discussion Thread, all users should post warnings on the episode and season that they are about to spoil.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Is it possible to add an option to label a spoiler when you use the tags? Like how a [quote]I like pie[/quote] comes out as
                  I like pie
                  whereas a [quote=Agent_Dark]I like pie[/quote] comes out as
                  Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                  I like pie

So a [spoil] tag will display as it is now, but a [spoil=Season 10] has a little 'Season 10' next to the button that you click to display.

The url button in the editor pops up with a box to input the link. You could do the same for the spoiler button? So that a box pops up where you can name the spoiler for people who aren't used to putting in the tags manually.

Comment

Mods, is there anyway this subject area and be made more well known or this post stickied? Please?

It;s becoming a personal annoyance...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

You find it annoying! There was a time when we, the mods, had to go in and insert whatever the post was meant to be spoiling, and then we'd tell people to make sure they did this and so forth.

We were actually spending nearly all our time doing this. And no matter how many reminders, and how many times we bopped people on the head, it didn't make any difference.

I'm just not sure what else can be done!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                        Is it possible to add an option to label a spoiler when you use the tags?

So a [spoil] tag will display as it is now, but a [spoil=Season 10] has a little 'Season 10' next to the button that you click to display.
                        You should ask that in the Style Thread, perhaps, AD. It's a great idea!

Comment

Working...
                        X