This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you think?

As humans there are some things we can eat or drink that can be hazardous/fatal to our health, do you think that if a Wraith sucks the life out of a non-human life form like an Asguard it could be harmful to them? I know it a truly hypothetical question, but I would like to see what you all think.

It's possible that there is something that could give the Wraith "food-poisoning" for lack of a better term, but there hasn't been anything to support that other than that vaccine.
    Last edited by Daniel's_twin; 05 July 2006, 12:21 PM.
    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

I think it would effect them the same as a human.
      I'm from Iowa, United States

Comment

The way I see it, seeing as how some humans contain something the Wraith (some kind of protein, wasn't it?) are deathly allergic to, it'd stand to reason that there's a species out there somewhere that would all contain something the Wraith are allergic to, and the Asgard have just as good a chance as any species of containing an allergen.
        [center]springhole.net - stuff for writers, roleplayers, and such creative people.

Comment

^ what she said. Isn't Ronon one of them?

Originally posted by Daniel's_twin
          It's possible that there is something that could give the Wraith "foo-poisoning" for lack of a better term, but there hasn't been anything to support that other than that vaccine.
          Foo-poisoning? Is that a bit like food-poisoning? Sounds nasty
          sigpic
          "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova

Foo-poisoning? Is that a bit like food-poisoning? Sounds nasty
            One of who?

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova
              No, Ronon is immune to the Wraith feeding process. He doesn't have anything in him what would kill a Wraith

Comment

It would be nice to see a Wraith get a bad case of indigestion. That'd be pretty funny to watch. I wonder if they make Wraith Tums?
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                  It would be nice to see a Wraith get a bad case of indigestion. That'd be pretty funny to watch. I wonder if they make Wraith Tums?
                  I wonder how filling eating someone with no life to live would be.

Maybe that is when you need the tums.
                  *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                  *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                  *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                  *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                  *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                  *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                  *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by Clinux
                    As humans there are some things we can eat or drink that can be hazardous/fatal to our health, do you think that if a Wraith sucks the life out of a non-human life form like an Asguard it could be harmful to them? I know it a truly hypothetical question, but I would like to see what you all think.
                    If any of the Kull Warriors were still around, maybe they'd be harmful to the Wraith since they're all reanimated dead tissue.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                      If any of the Kull Warriors were still around, maybe they'd be harmful to the Wraith since they're all reanimated dead tissue.
                      We should get the suits and rush them to Atlantis. Those stun guns/staffs would have no effect on us. I say make it the team suit. That would freak the Wraith out if when they see us coming and shoot us and we still keep coming. Let them know how it feels for a change.
                      *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                      *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                      *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                      *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                      *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                      *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                      *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Jack O'Neill's dry humor, sarcasm and wit - I think the Wraith might be allergic to that

Seriously - the Wraith have inherited the traits that make them super-humans/wrait from the Iratus bug - and that thing seems to be allergic to salt water, so...... there is something - or they could have elvoved around this

Do we know of Wraith feeding from humans who are ill - when desperate?

Originally posted by LORD MONK
                        We should get the suits and rush them to Atlantis. Those stun guns/staffs would have no effect on us. I say make it the team suit. That would freak the Wraith out if when they see us coming and shoot us and we still keep coming. Let them know how it feels for a change.
                        Probably quite hard to maneuver in.. shame
                        It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Demonique
                          No, Ronon is immune to the Wraith feeding process. He doesn't have anything in him what would kill a Wraith
                          I've been wondering about this... What the heck is it that makes some humans immune to the Wraith feeding process?

sig by Pandora's_Box

Comment

I dont know, sounds like a good episode idea though.

Comment

Originally posted by Clinux
                              What do you think?
                              Argh I'm stuck in a time repeat window!

Comment

Working...
                              X